PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Stressed!!! Uhg!!

Unicornmom77
12-20-2007, 10:31 AM
:lightning :help: :cry :hang :sob :afraid:

I know everyone is this time of year and people have far worse problems than mine, it all boils down to my husband not getting help with his mental health and I think he may be losing his job. We have no money, yes I have internet, I had the money to pay it last month, I am just sick of every month wondering where we are going to pull bill money out of :deal: ...

When the power went out we lost food, we have rejects, but 3 days of pizza is crappy and not to mention what it does to my IBS.

Money truly is the root of all evil. I know it cant buy happiness but it sure would help. I just don't want to make myself sick worrying about it all.

Anyway I just need some hugs!

xsweetestx
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
(((((((((((( Unicorn )))))))))))) keep your chin up

tnfuhs
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Hugs to you!

karefree
12-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Hope things are looking better for your family soon.

BeanieLuvR
12-20-2007, 10:54 AM
:hug

Beso
12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Many hugs!*!*!

I know this probally won't help, but I always tell myself " Things can only get better"

BigLyd1
12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Hugs to you. Money problems especially suck this time of year. I know that having IBS makes everything worse too!

dv8grl
12-20-2007, 11:37 AM
BIG HUGS!!!

:hug :grouphug :hug

Sweetberries
12-20-2007, 12:19 PM
((((hugs)))) :grouphug

freeby4me
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
(((HUGS))) I hope the new year brings better everything for you and yours.

erinma
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Big hugs to you and your family.

Hope everything get better soon. :grouphug

gmyers
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
I know exactly how you feel and I really hope things get better for you so you can have peace of mind again. Did you check your home owners insurance ours will pay for food you loose because of power outages. Maybe yours will too.

DrGrin
12-20-2007, 01:28 PM
:lightning :help: :cry :hang :sob :afraid:

I know everyone is this time of year and people have far worse problems than mine, it all boils down to my husband not getting help with his mental health and I think he may be losing his job. We have no money, yes I have internet, I had the money to pay it last month, I am just sick of every month wondering where we are going to pull bill money out of :deal: ...

When the power went out we lost food, we have rejects, but 3 days of pizza is crappy and not to mention what it does to my IBS.

Money truly is the root of all evil. I know it cant buy happiness but it sure would help. I just don't want to make myself sick worrying about it all.

Anyway I just need some hugs!

My heart goes out to you. We have someone in the family who refused for a very long time to get help with a mental illness. It is heartbreaking. :(

Just a little something you might want to think about. If your husband has a mental illness that prevents him from being able to hold down a job for any length of time, Try to convince him to see a mental health professional that can help him apply for a social security disability. It's easier to get a disability based on a mental illness than a physical disability with the documentation of a mental health professional of the condition. He'll have to wait out the 6 months waiting period, but he'd receive back pay for those months back to the date of sign up. He may also qualify for SSI to help take care of the family till all the paperwork is done.

sheila_361
12-20-2007, 02:19 PM
:hug

Tasha405
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
((((Hugs)))) :hug

Pepsi4me
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
(((hugs)))

MamaArc
12-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Hugs to you and your family. I hope the New Year only brings you great things!!

janelle
12-20-2007, 03:50 PM
(((((HUGGS)))))) hope things get better soon.

Army-Mom
12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
my prayers are with you..

YankeeMary
12-20-2007, 09:13 PM
My heart goes out to you. We have someone in the family who refused for a very long time to get help with a mental illness. It is heartbreaking. :(

Just a little something you might want to think about. If your husband has a mental illness that prevents him from being able to hold down a job for any length of time, Try to convince him to see a mental health professional that can help him apply for a social security disability. It's easier to get a disability based on a mental illness than a physical disability with the documentation of a mental health professional of the condition. He'll have to wait out the 6 months waiting period, but he'd receive back pay for those months back to the date of sign up. He may also qualify for SSI to help take care of the family till all the paperwork is done.

This is a good idea, but truly it really isn't any easier, especially if he hasn't been going to the docs and getting meds, counseling etc... Having a paper trail would help alot. If not it can be just as hard if there is a physical disability. If his doc is willing to write the letter/sign the forms, then it will be easier. But the good thing is, if he can get SSI then he is also entitled to medical as well, which is wonderful to pay for meds and hospital stays. I am sorry mental illness is truly hard to deal with and has to be one of the hardest problems there is.
I agree with Dr. Grin, get him to apply for SSI the sooner the better. If he has worked in the past he could get SSDI and in that case his children could possibly get a check or make his check bigger, since it is based on what you paid into the system opposed to the SSI.
Good Luck.

Unicornmom77
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks you guys! I know its silly but I really do feel better reading all you have to say!

I am considering all the advice and I will sit down with him tomorrow and see what the best options are for us right now.

On the up side I worked hard all day and I am so much closer to doing my business. I am real excited. By this time next month it will all have passed.

PrincessArky
12-21-2007, 05:10 AM
hugs, warm thoughts, and prayers coming your way :)