PDA

View Full Version : eBay auction creates debate

tsquared
12-19-2007, 04:32 AM
A Canadian man sold a video game he bought his son for Christmas. The reason? He caught his son smoking pot. The man received $9,100 for Guitar Hero III on eBay. But some people have sided with the son. They accuse the father of publicly humiliating him.
http://in.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idINN1743514920071218

Shann
12-19-2007, 04:47 AM
"Then, yesterday, I came home from work early and what do I find? My innocent little boy smoking pot in the backyard with two of his delinquent friends."

:lol I love how in this paragraph he calls his son innocent but the friends are the delinquents LOL

IMHO it's the father's house, his rules. The kid is 15 years old, he not only broke the law but I'm sure the father had a rule against the child doing drugs. This may sound harsh, but it seems some parents aren't taking a more active role in their child's life, and they turn into little delinquents, sounds like this guy is teaching his son a very valuable lesson. Maybe you all need to tell this kid the meaning of christmas? :p

PrincessArky
12-19-2007, 05:20 AM
the kid should be thankful thats all his father did cause I have to be honest I would call the cops and tell them I was kicking my son's ass, hang up, and then start kicking his ass.........that way they would get here in time to save him but still give me enough time to get my point across lol

freeby4me
12-19-2007, 05:31 AM
If all that happened was his video game was sold and he was publicly humilated well too freaking bad. I agree with princess, whoop him a good one.

ladybugva
12-19-2007, 06:32 AM
I agree w/ dad. I read the whole article and he was being sarcastic (sp) when he said innocent little boy. He said he was going to get him barbie dancing princess game instead LOL>

dcut4
12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Not to be a doubting Thomas but I want to see the auction. 9 grand ???? you can go over to Ebay right now and find a couple of hundred Guitar hero 3 packs for around $100-$200. If this is what they are going for I am unwrapping the one under the tree and selling it on Ebay..great way to supplement those college funds.

magenta
12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Not to be a doubting Thomas but I want to see the auction. 9 grand ???? you can go over to Ebay right now and find a couple of hundred Guitar hero 3 packs for around $100-$200. If this is what they are going for I am unwrapping the one under the tree and selling it on Ebay..great way to supplement those college funds.

I didn't buy it either.

Shancopp
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
crap, I just bought GH 3 for PS2 for 80 at Walmart...maybe I should sell it!

magenta
12-19-2007, 11:06 AM
crap, I just bought GH 3 for PS2 for 80 at Walmart...maybe I should sell it!

I got mine at The Sony store for $89.99. Guess I got ripped off $10.

ilovecats
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM

I have heard similar stories in the past.I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even have A son.All these auctions with "A story" attached all seem to rake in the money.

Quaker_Parrots
12-20-2007, 04:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-III-3-Legends-of-Rock-Wii-NEW-WITH-RECEIPT_W0QQitemZ200181539427QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62 053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

luvmy3kids
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
I think it is awesome!! I have threatened to do stuff like that as punishment for my kids. Like my daughter who throws her nice clothes and shoes all over her room, i will tell her that if she does not pick them up I will sell whatever is on the floor on ebay!! They get picked up pretty quick!

VenusA423
12-20-2007, 08:05 AM
At least there are still some other parents out there that discipline their kids and follow through with their threats.

magenta
12-20-2007, 08:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Hero-III-3-Legends-of-Rock-Wii-NEW-WITH-RECEIPT_W0QQitemZ200181539427QQihZ010QQcategoryZ62 053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ha! I just read the whole thing. Pretty funny. I don't personally think smoking pot is that awful, but he is not my kid.

Hope they enjoy their $9,000! But I bet the kid will still enjoy a joint every now and again. LOL

DezaRay24
12-20-2007, 01:49 PM
GOOD FOR HIM! I think what he did is just fine! Ya smoking pot isn't the end of the world but we all want what is best for our children.

I'm trying to do this with my 11 yr old son right now. I took his Halloween away because he had ALL F's on his report card and told him that if he don't get them up by Christmas he will loose that too. Well, he had 15 missing papers and ALL F's again! So he has lost his Christmas as well until he can bring me a report card with good grades on it. He is really upset and mad at me right now but Grades are more important than Christmas gifts. SO I totally think this father did the best thing.

PrincessArky
12-20-2007, 01:53 PM
GOOD FOR HIM! I think what he did is just fine! Ya smoking pot isn't the end of the world but we all want what is best for our children.

I'm trying to do this with my 11 yr old son right now. I took his Halloween away because he had ALL F's on his report card and told him that if he don't get them up by Christmas he will loose that too. Well, he had 15 missing papers and ALL F's again! So he has lost his Christmas as well until he can bring me a report card with good grades on it. He is really upset and mad at me right now but Grades are more important than Christmas gifts. SO I totally think this father did the best thing.

wow how in the world did he miss 15 papers?

magenta
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM
When my Dad was little, he and his sister were fighting (physically) ALOT. My grandparents took their Christmas away. They didn't tell them. They woke up Christmas morning to an empty tree. Dad or Aunt never said a word. My dad still says how sad they were. I used to feel so bad for him when they told that story.

DezaRay24
12-20-2007, 02:06 PM
wow how in the world did he miss 15 papers?

I'm still trying to figure that out myself!! I was Sooo Pissed when I found out. He brings papers home from school and I help him work on them. But from what his teachers tell me he just don't care to do the work in class.

PrincessArky
12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm still trying to figure that out myself!! I was Sooo Pissed when I found out. He brings papers home from school and I help him work on them. But from what his teachers tell me he just don't care to do the work in class.

ah thats too bad :( what grade is he in? My son has a friend thats in 8th grade and he was the same way in 7th grade and now this year even worse. His mom is just at the end of her rope what to do to help him

DezaRay24
12-21-2007, 11:33 AM
ah thats too bad :( what grade is he in? My son has a friend thats in 8th grade and he was the same way in 7th grade and now this year even worse. His mom is just at the end of her rope what to do to help him

Honestly, I wish I knew cuz I'm the same way....end of my ropes!! I just wanna pull my hair out when I hear all the crap he pulls at school!.
He has kinda been this way since grade K. He is in
6th now. He just doesn't like to do the work and don't think he should have too. I think next year when we move I'm going to just re-register him back into 6th grade. He is much taller yet younger of the kids in his class and just made the cut off for grade K. He isn't socially or school wise ready for Jr. High so holding him back at this point seems like the best option, this way he has one more year to get it right and will fit in better in Jr. High. Also he will be the same age as the kids so no body will notice.

PrincessArky
12-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Honestly, I wish I knew cuz I'm the same way....end of my ropes!! I just wanna pull my hair out when I hear all the crap he pulls at school!.
He has kinda been this way since grade K. He is in
6th now. He just doesn't like to do the work and don't think he should have too. I think next year when we move I'm going to just re-register him back into 6th grade. He is much taller yet younger of the kids in his class and just made the cut off for grade K. He isn't socially or school wise ready for Jr. High so holding him back at this point seems like the best option, this way he has one more year to get it right and will fit in better in Jr. High. Also he will be the same age as the kids so no body will notice.

ah girl I dont know what to tell ya other than I will send ya some nice positive thoughts and lots of prayers and I hope he will find his path soon :)

PJDancer
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
This auction looks completely not legitimate. Look at the bidding history and the names of the bidders. All but one has ***s in between their names. What is that about??? And the last person before the winning bidder has 0 feedback (and drove the price up to $9000).