PDA

View Full Version : ok well i am tired of todayy already

earnhardt1
12-14-2007, 02:14 PM
so my son was just talking to his new best friend who is 10 (ds is 8) well the lil boy comes over every day to play well yesterday he was hitting my son so my son hit him back and he went home and told his mom that my son hits him...... i am so pissed my son has saved all his money to buy this lil boy a xmas present..... they never had a game system so jr saved up 30.00 to buy him a gamecube from gamestop for xmas and i am really not wanting to give it to him if this is the way he is going to be..... what do i do? i feel bad for my son he homeschools and there are no other boys around here:getyou

Kyla Kym
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
so my son was just talking to his new best friend who is 10 (ds is 8) well the lil boy comes over every day to play well yesterday he was hitting my son so my son hit him back and he went home and told his mom that my son hits him...... i am so pissed my son has saved all his money to buy this lil boy a xmas present..... they never had a game system so jr saved up 30.00 to buy him a gamecube from gamestop for xmas and i am really not wanting to give it to him if this is the way he is going to be..... what do i do? i feel bad for my son he homeschools and there are no other boys around here:getyou

My first reaction is boys will be boys, and the parents should try and let them work it out and not get involved. Boys just like to scuffle and hit each other. Normally things like that are worked out better if the parents keep out of it. I know that's hard to do, but in most cases the boys will be friends again in a few days after a scuffle if the parents don't get involved. It's not like one of them has beat the tar out of the other one.

So I would say that boy now knows he can't hit your son without getting hit back. And they will have more respect for each other now if the parents don't turn it into something more. I would just tell my son, well good for you. I'm glad you didn't let him get by with it this time. And I wouldn't say no more. Just see what happens and let them work it out. Boys are different than girls. They don't hold resentments as easily. Especially the young ones. :)

gmyers
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Kids do that. They'll get mad at each other one minute then be best friends the next. I'd wait and see if your son and him make up and go from there. If you let them I bet they'll make up and be friends again.

earnhardt1
12-14-2007, 02:40 PM
the boys are playing now in my sons room..... its the other mom who seems to be blaming mine for hitting..... they were just wispering about it so i was listening outside the door......(the other boy said dont tell my mom i told you) so i went in and said "well i know what happened do you prefer i call your mom and chat with her about it?" he said no we have made a deal no more hitting..... lol but it seems to happen whenever they play....ughhhhhh

Kyla Kym
12-14-2007, 03:20 PM
the boys are playing now in my sons room..... its the other mom who seems to be blaming mine for hitting..... they were just wispering about it so i was listening outside the door......(the other boy said dont tell my mom i told you) so i went in and said "well i know what happened do you prefer i call your mom and chat with her about it?" he said no we have made a deal no more hitting..... lol but it seems to happen whenever they play....ughhhhhh

See, sounds like they are already working it out. :hug
Just tell them that if they hit each other that they won't be allowed to play together. So no more hitting! :)

Make them play outside. Boys are just full of aggressive energy, and need to be out doors. When they are trapped in a room, they are bound to start a scuffle of some sort. They have to get that energy out somehow. Have you ever watched boys outside? It's in their genes! They are hunters, girls are gathers. Boy have that aggressive side programed into their dna. They have to get it out somehow. And when they are outdoors they can do a better job of it. Hitting baseballs, throwing something as hard as they can, running as fast as they can, anything like that gets out that energy they need to release. :)

My son was raised in the country so his thing was hunting, throwing knifes, shooting guns and crossbow, riding 4 wheelers, fishing, playing any type of ball, building forts, tree houses, deer stands. :D His buddy's use to hang out here, and they had to stay outside too. But they all seemed to prefer it after they got passed the initial shock that I wouldn't let them stay inside and play video games all day.
Your son reminds me of mine. A cute solid looking boy. Mine was that way when he was young too. :)

BeanieLuvR
12-14-2007, 03:26 PM
It is definitely a boy thing. My son and the neighbor boy were the same way. Thankfully at 13 they have outgrown it. If the other mom says anything I'd in a nondefensive way let her know that it isn't only your son doing the hitting. For the most part it is better to let them work it out on their own. You know that is really sweet of your son to have saved his money to buy the boy a gamecube. You are raising him right. :)

ahippiechic
12-14-2007, 03:32 PM
I don't know, my DD is as rowdy as any boy and so was I.

Kyla Kym
12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't know, my DD is as rowdy as any boy and so was I.

That's because y'all ain't normal! :laugh:
Haven't you figured that out yet? :laugh:

J/k :hug

sheila_361
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
yep it sure is a boy thing... best buds one minute and the next each others worst enemy..*LOL* kids ya gotta love em...

ahippiechic
12-14-2007, 04:30 PM
That's because y'all ain't normal! :laugh:
Haven't you figured that out yet? :laugh:

J/k :hug

We were just tomboys, lol! http://myhippiespace.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/hmm.gif

earnhardt1
12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
See, sounds like they are already working it out. :hug
Just tell them that if they hit each other that they won't be allowed to play together. So no more hitting! :)

Make them play outside. Boys are just full of aggressive energy, and need to be out doors. When they are trapped in a room, they are bound to start a scuffle of some sort. They have to get that energy out somehow. Have you ever watched boys outside? It's in their genes! They are hunters, girls are gathers. Boy have that aggressive side programed into their dna. They have to get it out somehow. And when they are outdoors they can do a better job of it. Hitting baseballs, throwing something as hard as they can, running as fast as they can, anything like that gets out that energy they need to release. :)

My son was raised in the country so his thing was hunting, throwing knifes, shooting guns and crossbow, riding 4 wheelers, fishing, playing any type of ball, building forts, tree houses, deer stands. :D His buddy's use to hang out here, and they had to stay outside too. But they all seemed to prefer it after they got passed the initial shock that I wouldn't let them stay inside and play video games all day.
Your son reminds me of mine. A cute solid looking boy. Mine was that way when he was young too. :)

yea he loves to be outside.... but he hates it because he gets sick easy with his health so in teh winter he is in doors most often... he gets mad cuz they want to go out and rode the quad and stuff....... they are having a sleep over tonight lucky me

earnhardt1
12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/blain06/100_2420.jpg

you can tell they are trouble :)

SLance68
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
you can tell they are trouble :)

That was my thought exactly. Boy are you in for a rough night. Have fun.

DAVESBABYDOLL
12-15-2007, 05:09 PM
LOL, Dawson goes to school with a little boy named Marley,he's cute as heck.Anyways,this summer Dawson was over at his house (they play alot together in the summer) next thing I know she comes SCREAMING into the house,I asked her what was wrong she said "Marley punched me in the eye" sure enough, it was already red. I asked her why he punched her (ok, frantic five year old girl trying to tell me) she said 'because I was going to go home,he grabbed my arm and punched my eye and threw my shoes in the bushes" We were heading out the door to go to Marley's and there stood his dad Marcellis (beautiful french black man,accent and all,lol) Marley said he was sorry,marcellis said Marley said "dawson was his girl and didn't want her to leave" we decided to split them for awhile and Marley said "dad,can i stay and play" lol They still hold hands at school. When ever they play they pick at each other and yell. i just think "what the heck is that about" lol

So yeah, kids wil be kids..and the picture you posted shows a pair that looks to be full of piss and vinager. :D

earnhardt1
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM
here is the 3 of them the little boys sister is the same age as blain....

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/blain06/100_2425.jpg