PDA

View Full Version : Need a receipe.........

earnhardt1
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok i saw one of these receipe's posted on here not to long ago....
i need one for rock candy,hubby really loves this stuff and i want to make it for him for christmas...

Tasha405
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hard-Rock-Candy/Detail.aspx

Shann
12-13-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/off-topic-chat/564298-want-know-how-make-rock-candy.html?highlight=anise

earnhardt1
12-13-2007, 03:11 PM
ty so much i want to make this tommorow

tracyb
12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
be careful making this.....I made this twice in a week...lol......made a batch Saturday and then again I made it Monday when it was soooo nice out...well.....evidently the steam from pouring this on the pan opened my pours or something because it burnt my face.....I am thinking the cinnimon got in my pours because I never felt any thing happen with the steam itself...about 10 minutes later I was eating my lunch and my face started burning and getting pinchy feeling when I blinked my eyes.....I went and looked and oh my goodness.....I was beet red like I have been in the sun for hrs on hrs....I had to sit with ice and cold washcloths on my face for an hr...it finally stopped burning...it was awful...lol..hubby said no more making it ....lol.....so be care and it if happens to you get ice on your face...I am going to make other flavors though...lol.

oh...it turned out really really good too...lol

earnhardt1
12-13-2007, 04:07 PM
thanks for the tip...... since i have never made thsi before i hope it works out

tracyb
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a candy thermometer so one of those are very helpful

earnhardt1
12-13-2007, 07:42 PM
oh yea i dont really bake but want to try for the lil guy this year... i can cook my asss off but suck at baking

ssgjeg
12-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Try the Lorann oils. The recipe for making candy is on the back. I don't know if all Walmarts sell them but mine does in the craft section. You used to be able to by them from pharmacies but for some odd reason you had to ask the pharmacist for them.

tracyb
12-14-2007, 05:30 AM
oh yea i dont really bake but want to try for the lil guy this year... i can cook my asss off but suck at baking

This is me too....I dont like to make cookies very often or cakes but I like to cook...lol