PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for suprtruckr dad

evrita
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
He called and his dad isnt doing so well still in ICU and they are bringing him back into surgery to see if there was something they missed. If you have any extra prayers to go out he can use them right now :dancing:

ahippiechic
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm keeping him and his dad in thoughts. Please keep us updated as to how he is doing!

Willow
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I will say a prayer. I hope they find out what's wrong.

freeby4me
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Keeping them in my thoughts.

Army-Mom
12-12-2007, 12:45 PM
He and his family are in my prayers.

pepperpot
12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Saying my prayers....

magickay
12-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Prayers going up now! Please keep us posted.

BeanieLuvR
12-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Praying for both of them.

gmyers
12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I hope he is doing ok. I'll definitely pray for him.

evrita
12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Update sorry I worked last night 3-11 and today 7-3 and I have gotten an email and 3 texts from him it isnt looking that great so they need all the prayer they can get. This is an email from a friend of ours I heard from truck tonight about 11, his dad had to go back into surgery late this afternoon, doc fixed a tear in his intestine, and washed it out thouroughly, then said its a wait and see how it goes, well tonight in icu he coded, his heart started back on its own which is a good thing, but its gonna be a long few days it seems. Truck asked me to tell you about his codeing tonight, so I said surely I would.

My text messages I got said the urologist is a quack sorry I had to chuckle. They have him still on dialysis from what I understand and they were saying to gather the family together to talk. The PCP is saying something different so I pray that his body is healing and everything is getting better for James and his family sake.

ang in NC
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks for the update. I will continue to pray.

YankeeMary
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Just now seeing this. Of course supertruckr and his father will be added to my prayer list. Its nice of you to keep everyone updated. If you get to speak with him again, please tell him I said hello and am sending hugs.

myspirit
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
sending Blessings their way!

nightrider127
12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
(((Super))), hope things are looking up by now. Prayers going up for your Dad and you.

Thanks Evrita for posting this.

suprtruckr
12-14-2007, 06:45 PM
thanks ev for posting this, thanks guys for the prayers they are GREATLY appreciated, the old fart ;) is holding his own, he's still having some small issues but he's still under drug induced coma. his bp is up and holding the meds they are giving to raise the bp has been reduced from 35 to 10 this morning and was at 5 when i left at 5pm today. we kids (4) of which i'm the oldest got into a little good natured banter and i was watching the monitor and his bp would rise and drop depending on the discussion, the dr (PCP not jackass kidney doc) said the nurses told her that when we were in there his bp would rise and stay up while we were in there. it's still gonna be a long road we're hanging in there and knowing we have people all over the states and possible other places praying along with us is giving us strength as well.

THANK YOU ALL
WHEN he gets out of the hospital i hope to show him this thread

ETA i may not reply to MOST threads in this forum but i do read them and say a little prayer

BeanieLuvR
12-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for updating. I am glad to hear things are improving. He sounds like a determined man which is a good thing. Continued prayers that he is better soon. :)

stellatj
12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
prayers are being said

Unicornmom77
12-16-2007, 02:24 AM
We will continue to pray for your Dad and your family.

lizmolik
12-16-2007, 02:53 AM
I will say a prayer for them ;)

MistyWolf
12-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the update Truck .. prayers are still with you and your dad.

Pepsi4me
12-17-2007, 04:21 AM
I hope everything continues to go well.

suprtruckr
12-17-2007, 02:55 PM
again thanks all for the prayers, he's stable but we're beginning to think he doesn't handle sedation like most, the sedative they give him "has a half life of 5 minutes" but if he's like my youngest brother it could be a day or so after stopping it LOL
he's improving some but it's baby steps but we'll take them

suprtruckr
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
update
between the last post and this one we've had a roller coaster ride like you wouldn't believe until a few days ago, then he started coming around. was supposed to have been moved to a rehab hospital this past friday
UPDATE to the update :rolling
I went in today, sunday, for the noon visit and i was alone, darned near had a heart attack myself, all i could hear was the sound of rushing air, the ventilator hoses were hanging in the floor and the vent said standby on the display. i got the attention of the respiratory tech he came in i asked how long he had been in that condition, he grinned and said about 20 mins...

HE WAS OFF THE VENT AND on a trach collar ONLY, BREATHING ON HIS OWN!!! with only O2 nothing else.

his potassium was too high to move friday maybe tomorrow....

again thanks for the prayers

nightrider127
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
That is wonderful news Sup.

What you will need to do now is talk to your Dad and let him know that he is getting ready to do the hardest work he has ever done in his life. Rehab is hard work but in the end it really pays off.

I will continue to pray for your Dad and you too as you face this new chapter in your lives.

gmyers
01-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Thats good news about your dad. I'm glad he's getting better.

MistyWolf
01-14-2008, 06:52 AM
Great news Truck! .. I'll keep your dad in my prayers.

myspirit
01-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Brightest Blessings!

aussiegirl
01-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Prayers being sent.

magickay
01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Adding my prayers too, for him, for you, and the family.

YankeeMary
01-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Isn't that a hoot. I bet he is alot of fun. I pray he continues to do good, I am sure this has been hard on you all. Hugs to you, just this once...hehe.

PrincessArky
01-16-2008, 07:55 AM
I will keep your dad and famiy in my prayers

YankeeMary
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Trucker where are you??? Please check in and give us an update on your daddy. Don't make me have to try to find you.

suprtruckr
01-18-2008, 08:54 PM
update
between the last post and this one we've had a roller coaster ride like you wouldn't believe until a few days ago, then he started coming around. was supposed to have been moved to a rehab hospital this past friday
UPDATE to the update :rolling
I went in today, sunday, for the noon visit and i was alone, darned near had a heart attack myself, all i could hear was the sound of rushing air, the ventilator hoses were hanging in the floor and the vent said standby on the display. i got the attention of the respiratory tech he came in i asked how long he had been in that condition, he grinned and said about 20 mins...

HE WAS OFF THE VENT AND on a trach collar ONLY, BREATHING ON HIS OWN!!! with only O2 nothing else.

his potassium was too high to move friday maybe tomorrow....

again thanks for the prayers

Trucker where are you??? Please check in and give us an update on your daddy. Don't make me have to try to find you.

i did update LOL
he is now in a LTAC (long term acute care) hospital in chattanooga

tnfuhs
01-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Prayers going out for a full recovery!!

suprtruckr
03-06-2008, 07:13 AM
been in the LTAC since january 14, and the recovery so far is unbelieveable,
tuesday the 4th, they took pop off the vent (pressure support only) and put him on a T pipe? pipe with oxygen that hooks to the trache and put the little red light on his finger...
wednesday the 5th, he was up and harrassing me at 6 am and wrote on his tablet about glucerna and how long he would need it LOL i told him didn't matter drink it anyway it's healthy, and thru the trache he said AUDIBLY "i know that" they came in about 11 and took the one pipe out and put in the cap and switched him to oxygen ONLY the standard way, and we haven't been able to shut him up yet LOL
THANK YOU ALL for the prayers and support

PrincessArky
03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
tuesday the 4th, they took pop off the vent (pressure support only) and put him on a T pipe? pipe with oxygen that hooks to the trache and put the little red light on his finger...
wednesday the 5th, he was up and harrassing me at 6 am and wrote on his tablet about glucerna and how long he would need it LOL i told him didn't matter drink it anyway it's healthy, and thru the trache he said AUDIBLY "i know that" they came in about 11 and took the one pipe out and put in the cap and switched him to oxygen ONLY the standard way, and we haven't been able to shut him up yet LOL

thats great his is doing so much better :)

freeby4me
03-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Wow that does sound amazing!! So glad to hear it!!

nightrider127
03-06-2008, 10:44 AM

What wonderful news Supr. Now you let him talk all he wants. He has lots of catching up to do.

Tell him Lynda said to milk it dry, get all he can out of this.

Willow
03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Glad to hear he's doing better. That's good news. :)

YankeeMary
03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
So happy he is doing so well. I am thankful he can talk, now he can "give it" to you day in and day out. Someone needs to keep you in line...lol. God answers prayers and for you my friend I am so thankful that he answered yours.

tnfuhs
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
So glad he is doing so much better, the power of prayers in here are unbelievable, and it does help heal!

suprtruckr
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
small update

He's home

thank you all for your thoughts and prayers they were/are greatly appreciated

nightrider127
03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
small update

He's home

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great news Sup. Now you give him anything he wants or I'll come after you with my switch.

PrincessArky
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
thats wonderful news :)

ang in NC
03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
ptl

BeanieLuvR
03-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for updating. That is great news!!!

magickay
03-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Wonderful news! Treasure the time you have together.

buglebe
03-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Bless him, brought me to tears.
I bet he will have a lot to say about all the things that went on when he couldn't talk and he will remember lots more than you ever dreamed he would.
Fantastic news!

pepperpot
03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
small update

He's home

Wow, that is fantastic!

tnfuhs
03-23-2008, 08:10 AM
What great news!! What a happy easter blessing.