PDA

View Full Version : Question for SAHM that went back to work

ma4angels
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
How do you get organized enough around the house? I work a part-time job that I hope turns in to full time. I work MON and Tues nights third shift 11.00pm to 7.00am. and Fridays on 2nd 3.00pm to 11.00 pm. I also help my sister in law every morning with her catering business. I deliver biscuits in the morning and lunches on Friday's. My house looks like a bomb. I just don't know to manage all of this. My DH has his own business and is working most of the time. anyway someone please give me the magic that will make my life a little bit easier. thanks

kimp67
12-12-2007, 06:36 AM
sorry, wish I knew.....maybe someone can tell me too, except I work fulltime! lol

PrincessArky
12-12-2007, 09:26 AM
How do you get organized enough around the house? I work a part-time job that I hope turns in to full time. I work MON and Tues nights third shift 11.00pm to 7.00am. and Fridays on 2nd 3.00pm to 11.00 pm. I also help my sister in law every morning with her catering business. I deliver biscuits in the morning and lunches on Friday's. My house looks like a bomb. I just don't know to manage all of this. My DH has his own business and is working most of the time. anyway someone please give me the magic that will make my life a little bit easier. thanks

Well I am a sahm again lol but when I went back to work after my 1st two I was also in classes full time so it left very little time. I am anal about how clean my house is so I am a bit hard to live with if it is out of place. I did w/out alot of sleep basically and just it when I had time.......best thing for me was to try not to do too many things at once just take it one step at a time and it sort of falls into place or at least it did for me........I wish you the best of luck

Bahet
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Maid service.

PrincessArky
12-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Maid service.

have to be a good paying part time job lol

karefree
12-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Try flylady.com. It is a website for those of us who are slow in the organization department. Also, if you kids are old enough give them chores as well. Good luck.

cabby92
12-12-2007, 01:14 PM
It took me just a little over a year to get back in the swing of things. My house is usually clean now, or at least passable. It was as hard an adjustment as staying home was.

Wimzik
12-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I work fulltime and I try to plan ahead, if I have to work mornings I make sure the kids have their clothes out and everything ready for school the next day and I plan meals ahead of time. I clean when I can, usually at night and I do the major cleaning on my day off. My kids are old enough to help out with some cleaning though and my bf helps out alot.

justme23
12-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Put those kids to work!

Lori63
12-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Sometimes you have to let things go or let someone else (hubby?) help. This is my first year fulltime (SAHM for 8 years, part time for 8 years) and I find myself doing laundry at 5 a.m. or having hubby do dishes.

momfromTN
12-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Your husband needs to pitch in. It is his house too.

flute
12-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Yea I agree with flylady when I impliment her plans my house looks a sight better than it does now. Doesn't take a lot of time I did'nt even fully impliment her plans.

Making It Home is good a religious alternative to FlyLady.
http://www.xanga.com/MrsCatherine
Takes for-ev-a to load

ma4angels
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
My husband does help when he can. He has been sick for the past two months that is why I went back to work. We needed the extra income until he gets back on his feet. He is self-employed so it hasn't been easy. My older daughter is alot spoiled and thinks that she doesn't have to help clean. But she is getting better. She has been getting up with my little ones in the early morning hours and getting them dressed and fed. That is a big help. So the only thing I have to do when I get off of third shift is do their hair and off to school they go. My husband is with them now while I am working the 2 shift. The one good thing about this is that he is getting time with them that he usually doesn't get and I am getting alone time even if it is working. Thanks for your messages

Katt
12-15-2007, 06:35 AM
It took me just a little over a year to get back in the swing of things. My house is usually clean now, or at least passable. It was as hard an adjustment as staying home was.

This gives me hope. I'm just over 8 months back to work, and my stuff is still total chaos.

DrGrin
12-15-2007, 03:19 PM

Delegate responsibilities. If your kids are old enough to help, have them do some of the things they can do. Make them a chore chart, give them stickers every day for the jobs they complete. Reward them at the end of the week for having a full chart of stickers. Money works for some, movie rental for others, just do what works for your child. Even if it's little things, like getting their dirty clothes into hampers, keeping toys up out of the floor, making their bed, setting the table, helping clear off the table at meals, etc. Most kids are capable of helping if they are 3 yrs old or older.

If your husband pitches in a little bit when he's around, it will take part of the load off of you. If they don't pitch in, go on strike until they do. It works. ;)