PDA

View Full Version : My ds & his puppy

MizzouLady
12-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Last evening my ds took his 5 1/2 month old chihuahua puppy, Toby, outside so the pup could go potty. We have a ramp from our back porch, and it had been cleared of all ice/snow during the day, but it had still been damp. It had just gotten dark, and of course ice formed on the ramp. Ds fell, then we heard a yelping from Toby. I ran to the door and heard ds say, "I think I broke his leg - the bone is sticking through the skin." We called the vet, who of course informed us there would be an extra emergency call charge, but they would be there. To make a long story short, Toby's leg is not broken, but he did have a severe laceration. The vet kept him overnight and will be putting him out an stitching up the laceration today. We will be picking Toby up later this afternoon. The really bad thing is that my son had to sell his PS3, Rock Band Special Edition game, and several other games so he could pay for the vet. I feel sorry for ds, but also know that he spent way too much of his money and should have saved for emergencies. The good news is that Toby should be fine in about a week or two.

lymi
12-11-2007, 06:17 AM
poor pooch> I know he felt awful. Glad everything is gonna be ok.

ladybugva
12-11-2007, 06:24 AM
sorry to hear about the puppy, You are teaching your boy good responsibility in taking care of pets though.

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Wow how scary, Im glad Toby is OK though. Good for your son for taking care of him!

Jackie_Blu
12-11-2007, 07:46 AM
sorry to hear about the puppy, You are teaching your boy good responsibility in taking care of pets though.

ITA glad to hear the puppy will be ok:)

dv8grl
12-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Poor Baby (both the doggie & your son) ... I'm glad it'll all be alright.

Willow
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm glad Toby will be okay. :) It is good to teach kids responsibility but if it was me I wouldn't make him pay for the entire vet bill since it was an accident.

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I am so glad they are both ok......that was great of your son. I have a daughter that would so willingly do the same thing.........too bad i cant say the same for my son, he has really changed over the past few months :(