PDA

View Full Version : Am I being bitchy when I say....

dv8grl
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
... DON't REP me unless its for something I said. ( I Know I'm gonna get FLAMED to death for saying this)

REP to me is something special, I only REP when I agree with what the poster said,... not just repping for the hells of it,..... or really repping because you haven't repped enough to rep your "clique"

Shann
12-10-2007, 10:44 PM
nope, that's how you feel. :) I might have repped you just for the hell of it :o

Jackie_Blu
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Tried to rep you but couldnt yet :rolling I agree with Shann......if thats the way you feel, thats fine:) in fact, I agree with you, most of the time I only rep a post I find really impresses me. But I have spells when Im not impressed by much, I dont rep, then feel guilty so I go on a repping binge!:cheers: i.e. tonite I went on a bit of a binge so I could help Kyla out, but even then, I dont rep every TD&H:)

tngirl
12-11-2007, 04:04 AM
I feel that way too and that is the original purpose of the rep thing wasn't it?

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 05:04 AM
nothing wrong with feeling that way

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 05:13 AM
I only rep that way if you post in a "Rep thread" otherwise, I only rep for something someone says.

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 06:21 AM
I only rep for posts I like! And sometimes I forget about it altogether! That's why people don't get as much rep from me. There will be a post that I really like and want to rep, but can't because I have to 'spread it around". Well, sometimes it's hard for me to do that!

lymi
12-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Tried to rep you but couldnt yet :rolling I agree with Shann......if thats the way you feel, thats fine:) in fact, I agree with you, most of the time I only rep a post I find really impresses me. But I have spells when Im not impressed by much, I dont rep, then feel guilty so I go on a repping binge!:cheers: i.e. tonite I went on a bit of a binge so I could help Kyla out, but even then, I dont rep every TD&H:)

I'm the same way. I love to read the reps though. I love the comments. And some of those that repped me just for the heck of it, still have cute comments. Some of ya have well wishes, or good mornings, or whatever. I understand how ya feel. That is fine. But I do think those that rep just for the heck of it are sweet too. It takes a long time to rep so many people. I have done a couple of the rep threads, I know. And when they make a sweet comment to boot, it's sweet. I feel like it's like getting a card in snail mail. Sometimes you send a card for a reason, sometimes just for the heck of it. Well wishes.

justme23
12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
I reped you to say your dogs were cute. Sorry, I won't ever do it again!

pepperpot
12-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Your feelings are your feelings......

However, usually in the message it'll say why you've gotten rep. I don't mind, I actually like it. It's sweet that someone would rep you even on a 'rep fest'. I doubt someone would rep you if they didn't like you....even during a rep fest.

So, take it in stride that someone likes you! :)

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I reped you to say your dogs were cute. Sorry, I won't ever do it again!

I think she means that a comment like that is something that she wants, instead of "spreading the rep" or some comment like that.

justme23
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I think she means that a comment like that is something that she wants, instead of "spreading the rep" or some comment like that.

I knew that... I was just trying to get a rise out of her... I guess I should have added some emoticons... oops!

dv8grl
12-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I just think that Rep should be something special, not just for shits & giggles. Like when I get Rep from hippie or Katt, I know thats special, because I know they don't go around just repping for the thrill of it, thats all.

I do appriciate the real Reps I get, & I give them out when I have the opportunity to., but when I get repped twice in one day, that just shows that they are just trying to rep everyone for what reason?

Maybe I take the Rep thing to seriously or maybe not seriously enough....

ladybugva
12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
I think it's different for some people. some days I rep a lot other none, when I rep I try to leave a comment even it's just have a good day, I have gotten blank rep and don't see the point in that. I guess b/c I like getting rep from people even if it's just to say HI. others feel it's more special. IMHO don't think there is a right or wrong. but if you feel it's personal I can see why it would annoy you to get a lot just like it annoys me to get "empty" rep

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 08:10 AM
I like all the rep I get. But I have gotten some that really made me feel good, because I know it was meant.

I don't mind if someone thinks enough of me to want to tell me 'hello' or 'Good morning'either, but if you're ONLY repping me so you can be able to rep someone else, well, that doesn't exactly make my day, lol!

dv8grl
12-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't mind if someone thinks enough of me to want to tell me 'hello' or 'Good morning'either, but if you're ONLY repping me so you can be able to rep someone else, well, that doesn't exactly make my day, lol! Thank you.. thats what I'm taking about.
:marchmellow:

mosdata1
12-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Okay, I will now show my ignorance. How do rep someone (not that I've ever really had the urge), also can you read a person's rep & does a person's rep make a difference? Is it like their trader status?

flute
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Like when I get Rep from hippie or Katt, I know thats special, because I know they don't go around just repping for the thrill of it, thats all.

I will try to remember my rep is not as special to you. I am probably one who's repped you more than once in a given day.

I will try to spread my rep to others.
Sorry I offended. That was certainly not my attempt.

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Okay, I will now show my ignorance. How do rep someone (not that I've ever really had the urge), also can you read a person's rep & does a person's rep make a difference? Is it like their trader status?

you click on the little scale thing under a person's name......only you and the person that leaves the rep can see what is written and nope it doesnt make a difference other than it makes some feel loved and others well I guess they dont all like it. Several use it just for fun and to let others know they are thinking of them or something

karefree
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM

If you are ignorant then so am I. Maybe it is short for reply but I am not sure about that.

karefree
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
you click on the little scale thing under a person's name......only you and the person that leaves the rep can see what is written and nope it doesnt make a difference other than it makes some feel loved and others well I guess they dont all like it. Several use it just for fun and to let others know they are thinking of them or something

Thanks for the explanation!

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the explanation!

you are very welcome :)

mosdata1
12-11-2007, 02:44 PM

Great, thanks for the explanation. Now I guess I'll have to cry because I don't have any reps - lol.

Tasha405
12-11-2007, 02:47 PM
No flaming from me and my HAPPY ASS! :rolling ;)

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Great, thanks for the explanation. Now I guess I'll have to cry because I don't have any reps - lol.

well ya do now

mosdata1
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
well ya do now

Well thank you all for all the reps. Aside from princessArky, I'm not sure who else sent the reps but thanks all.

:thankyou

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Well thank you all for all the reps. Aside from princessArky, I'm not sure who else sent the reps but thanks all.

:thankyou

You can click on your usercp and scroll down a little and see the last 10 rep comments left for you and who left them.

jnc880
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
i didnt even know you could leave rep till i listed a post not to long back, i use to see all these green blocks and half of them lite up and say i guess it must be because of how many post these people leave, then i was like gosh i have along way to go....lol then one day i listed that post and mine were all lite up , and another funny thing i didnt know you could read what people wrote ya till someone in this post said somethign about it. i know sorry im slow...lol

kimp67
12-12-2007, 06:43 AM

Ok, brain-freeze I guess here, I still can't, or don't know how, to read my rep!

PrincessArky
12-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Ok, brain-freeze I guess here, I still can't, or don't know how, to read my rep!

you can read yours by clicking the User CP link on the top left right next to FAQ

lymi
12-12-2007, 08:14 AM

How can you have rep bars and no reps? Do the reps dissappear after so long?

kimp67
12-14-2007, 05:39 AM
you can read yours by clicking the User CP link on the top left right next to FAQ

THANKS!!