PDA

View Full Version : Upset...please Read..

A0305
12-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi All,

I have not been online for over a week or more due to being in the hospital. I suffer from cronic back pain and a fall last week which landed me in the hospital. I am home now and I am on pain meds to help my back and was instructed to do very little around the house. Due to all the back issues and dealing with the hospital, I did not get out my Christmas Swap package (to Michelle) nor did I get out my cards. I plan to get the package out to Michelle later this week. I hope to have the money to get stamps for the cards and also get them out this week. Today as I was reading my email, I got an email from one of the mods named Donna, threating to put me on the bad traders list. I am sorry if I dont get the cards out due to not have the funds because of extenuating circumstances but I dont feel I deserve to be put on the bad traders list. I did not plan to fall and end up in the hospital, nor did I plan to have to buy prescriptions but things happen. I can only say that if I do not get out the cards, I am so sorry and I hope that everyone will forgive me. Please dont place me on the bad traders list, I am not a bad person.

Thanks for listening.

ahippiechic
12-10-2007, 04:10 PM
You can't blame them for thinking that, since you hadn't sent and hadn't got the word out that you were sick. Now that people know what is going on, I'm sure they will understand. Most of us here know that things happen sometimes that can't be helped.

Shann
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
ouchie! what a week you've had, hope you feel better soon. But now that everyone knows, I agree w/ Hippie and am sure they won't put you on the BTL. I hope you heal fast.

freeby4me
12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Thanx for coming on and explaining. Hope all is better soon!

BeanieLuvR
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
(((A0305))) So sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I bet now that people know what is going on they will be understanding. My brother has a bad back and fell a few weeks ago and has been laid up about ever since so I know where you are coming from.

Willow
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Hi All,

I have not been online for over a week or more due to being in the hospital. I suffer from cronic back pain and a fall last week which landed me in the hospital. I am home now and I am on pain meds to help my back and was instructed to do very little around the house. Due to all the back issues and dealing with the hospital, I did not get out my Christmas Swap package (to Michelle) nor did I get out my cards. I plan to get the package out to Michelle later this week. I hope to have the money to get stamps for the cards and also get them out this week. Today as I was reading my email, I got an email from one of the mods named Donna, threating to put me on the bad traders list. I am sorry if I dont get the cards out due to not have the funds because of extenuating circumstances but I dont feel I deserve to be put on the bad traders list. I did not plan to fall and end up in the hospital, nor did I plan to have to buy prescriptions but things happen. I can only say that if I do not get out the cards, I am so sorry and I hope that everyone will forgive me. Please dont place me on the bad traders list, I am not a bad person.

Thanks for listening.

I am Donna. I did not threaten to put you on the bad traders list. I don't run that list so I am not able to put anyone on it. What I did say is when someone doesn't follow through they can be put on the bad traders list. I even saved the email if anyone wants to see what I wrote.

hunny
12-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Can you have someone help you to get these things sent out??? I do trades on here all the time, when i get sick or something comes up i just send my bf or sis or whatever to the post office or whatever.
Please make sure to do as you promised even if its a little late.
Hope you feel better soon.

ahippiechic
12-10-2007, 04:52 PM
You can be reported TO the bad traders list, but no one except Jkatherine can PUT you on it and it takes, I think, 3 legitmate complaints to do that.

And I just can not see Donna threatening to do anything to anyone.

Willow
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
You can be reported TO the bad traders list, but no one except Jkatherine can PUT you on it and it takes, I think, 3 legitmate complaints to do that.

And I just can not see Donna threatening to do anything to anyone.

Thanks! LOL I am really not the threatening type. Here is the email I sent to her.....

Hello,

How are you? I'm one of the moderators at Big Big Forums. I was informed that you have not sent out your end of the Christmas gift exchange. You had also signed up to participate in the Christmas card exchange. Everyone that signed up for that was supposed to send a card to each person on that list. Cards were supposed to be sent out by December 3rd. If you haven't done either of these things yet please do so as soon as possible and let the people in charge know what's going on. In regards to the gift exchange you were supposed to post the delivery confirmation number in the thread and also pm the organizer (earnhardt1) and give it to her as well. When people sign up for these exchanges and don't follow through they can get added to the bad traders list. It would also be nice for you to acknowledge the person who sent you a gift. Thanks for understanding.

Donna

freeby4me
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
That sounds like a real nice way of putting things Patch. I dont see nuthin wrong with it.

hunny
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree, doesnt sound threatening at all.
This is another good example of why you should not wait till the last minute to mail things out(you never know what could come up). I always get things out right away.

JKATHERINE
12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Ellen, I'm glad you're home and hope you get better soon. You have not been added to the BTL and I think that Donna's email was intended in the nicest way possible. You have been a member here for a long time and have great feedback, so we're inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these things. Even so, there have been people like that who scam others so please understand that some people were concerned that something like that might happen. :)

Willow
12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
I also replied to the email that she sent to me and I apologized if I sounded harsh and explained that sometimes we (people in general) are quick to jump to conclusions.

gmyers
12-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Her circumstances should count for something. Sometimes when your hurting or you have to buy medicine and can't afford to send cards anymore. Shouldn't that be taken into consideration. And she shouldn't be put on the list even if the person that was supposed to get the gift requests her to be put on it. If you get put on it for circumstances beyond your control thats going to discourage people from doing the exchanges. As for getting someone else to do it for her she might not have the money now after hospital copays and having to buy medicine. You never know what will happen when you sign up for the exchanges.

freeby4me
12-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Her circumstances should count for something. Sometimes when your hurting or you have to buy medicine and can't afford to send cards anymore. Shouldn't that be taken into consideration. And she shouldn't be put on the list even if the person that was supposed to get the gift requests her to be put on it. If you get put on it for circumstances beyond your control thats going to discourage people from doing the exchanges. As for getting someone else to do it for her she might not have the money now after hospital copays and having to buy medicine. You never know what will happen when you sign up for the exchanges.

I think this has already been gone over. This has been taken into consideration, no she hasnt been added to the bad traders list. Im sure she will be given ample time to get her end of the bargains out.

ahippiechic
12-10-2007, 05:17 PM

If you'll read the others posts, you'll that this is explained.

gmyers
12-10-2007, 05:19 PM
I think this has already been gone over. This has been taken into consideration, no she hasnt been added to the bad traders list. Im sure she will be given ample time to get her end of the bargains out.

Maybe she doesn't have the money for the cards now. Medicine and hospital stays aren't cheap.

gmyers
12-10-2007, 05:21 PM
If you'll read the others posts, you'll that this is explained.

I was writing my post when other people posted theres.

earnhardt1
12-10-2007, 06:11 PM
glad ur better and back thanks for contacting me and everyone else you needed..... i must say i am happy with the results of the swap...

freeby4me
12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Maybe she doesn't have the money for the cards now. Medicine and hospital stays aren't cheap.

Where did I say she had to send the cards out right now?

earnhardt1
12-10-2007, 06:36 PM

i dont think anyone was telling to to run to the mailbox right now... there were deadlines and ppl were owed gifts but yes things happen and her partner understands this........and you are basicly saying becasue shit happens in life its ok not to follow through on obligations,and that is also bullshit..... late is better than never

volkswagon7
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
As one of the people on the card exchange, let me say that if I don't get a card from her I will totally understand and be ok with it. Life does have a way of getting in the way now and then.

A0305
12-10-2007, 07:07 PM
I also replied to the email that she sent to me and I apologized if I sounded harsh and explained that sometimes we (people in general) are quick to jump to conclusions.

Donna, I owe you an apology. When I read your email I was upset and jumped to the conclusion that I was going to be on the bad list so I vented here.

Thank you everyone for being so understanding. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

gmyers
12-10-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont think anyone was telling to to run to the mailbox right now... there were deadlines and ppl were owed gifts but yes things happen and her partner understands this........and you are basicly saying becasue shit happens in life its ok not to follow through on obligations,and that is also bullshit..... late is better than neverI

I'm not saying to not follow through on obligations. I'm just saying I've had back problems before and if it comes to sending a card or pain medicine. The medicine wins. I would try to find nice e-cards to send to let people know I'm still thinking of them and wanted to wish them a Merry Christmas. AO305 I didn't mesn to get in your business. I hope you're not upset with what I said.

galeane29
12-10-2007, 09:08 PM
You can't blame them for thinking that, since you hadn't sent and hadn't got the word out that you were sick. Now that people know what is going on, I'm sure they will understand. Most of us here know that things happen sometimes that can't be helped.

excuse me , but how in the hell is she suppose to get word to the board that she is in the hospital? duh!

ahippiechic
12-10-2007, 09:36 PM
excuse me , but how in the hell is she suppose to get word to the board that she is in the hospital? duh!

I didn't say she should have gotten word to the board from the hospital. I said, "since she hadn't gotten word". And she hadn't.

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 05:19 AM

Wow thats rather RUDE dontcha think?

Doesnt anyone actually read a thread that they're about to post a bitch in?

PrincessArky
12-11-2007, 05:24 AM
oh my I hope that you are feeling better soon........please dont worry about sending me a card this time around I just want ya to get better

Willow
12-11-2007, 05:30 AM
Donna, I owe you an apology. When I read your email I was upset and jumped to the conclusion that I was going to be on the bad list so I vented here.

Thank you everyone for being so understanding. I hope that everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.

Thank you! I hope you feel better soon. :)

tnfuhs
12-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Ellen,
I hope you feel better soon, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I agree the same with PrincessArky.

galeane29
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM

No actually , I dont think it was rude at all. I was mearly saying that how the heck could she have contacted the board if she was in the freakin hospital. The comment made was " since you did'nt contact". Like it was the first damn thing she thought of when she got hurt, oh damn ...I gotta get online and let those people know i'm not going to get thier cards out today" ....yeah it would have been my 1st thought , nor when I got home...I would just figure if I had not been online in a while that someone would contact me and see if things were ok not tell me that I would be reported as a bad traitor.

Oh yeah ...and I DID read the thread.

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM

It's just par for the course.....you just have to let them slide. :dancing:

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
No actually , I dont think it was rude at all. I was mearly saying that how the heck could she have contacted the board if she was in the freakin hospital. The comment made was " since you did'nt contact". Like it was the first damn thing she thought of when she got hurt, oh damn ...I gotta get online and let those people know i'm not going to get thier cards out today" ....yeah it would have been my 1st thought , nor when I got home...I would just figure if I had not been online in a while that someone would contact me and see if things were ok not tell me that I would be reported as a bad traitor.

Oh yeah ...and I DID read the thread.

cards were not the only thing she owed.... when you sign up for a gift exchange ppl put out money and hope to receive their gift as well..... only fair kinda how a trade works...
a0305 please dont think that we are saying you arent holding up ur end since you said it will be mailed this week

galeane29
12-11-2007, 01:58 PM
yeah I understand about the gift exchange and the cards. I was just trying to make a point.
I'm just sayin' shit happens .....the world still turns.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah I understand about the gift exchange and the cards. I was just trying to make a point.
I'm just sayin' shit happens .....the world still turns.

ok well when "shit" happens should the other person be out the money they spent on a present? is that fair to the other person?

gmyers
12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
cards were not the only thing she owed.... when you sign up for a gift exchange ppl put out money and hope to receive their gift as well..... only fair kinda how a trade works...
a0305 please dont think that we are saying you arent holding up ur end since you said it will be mailed this week

I think this is sad. Its like making someone feel guilty because they got hurt and didn't mail a gift or a card on time. This is a Christmas exchange but it seems kind of cold to not have compassion for someone. That the only thing that is important is that she fulfill her obligation come heck or high water. Whats more important having compassion for someone or making them feel bad for not doing what you think they should? I think the spirit of what Christmas is about is being lost here.

galeane29
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
No, I didnt say to hell with the exchange...i was saying that she was in the FREAKIN HOSPITAL.....the last damn thought on my mind would be to come to this damn board and let everyone know....They will get thier gifts when they get mailed.....if some are so petty to not understand that , then to hell with them. This is the reason I do not get involved in these exchanges.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 02:31 PM
well it wasnt about the fact that she was late the reason for the complaining was no one knew she was in the hospital and everyone but here had mailed there end and what were ppl to think? if you were owed something that was a decent amount of money you are saying you would not want it? hence the reason it was a swap not a donation....
no one said she wasnt holding up her end or the gift was more important.. a comment was made earlier that if she didnt have money that it should be okay to let her slide and i disagree... if that makes me an evil bitch so be it,but people dont join one sided swaps...... jmo
however we were imformed she was in the hosp. and understand why she was late.... so we are dealing with it...

gmyers
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
No I wouldn't want it. Not if I found out the person was having problems.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 03:14 PM
well everyone has problems hon....

gmyers
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
well everyone has problems hon....

Nice Christmas spirit.

galeane29
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
I would totaly understand and let it go....we all have problems come up in life that are unexpected and I for one would not think...heck i'm out this money and I want my gift dammit. I would wish them well as soon as I found out....and for one I would have given things a decent amount of time before I start calling someone an unfair traider. I would first assume that maybe something is wrong , not that they didnt hold up their end of the bargain

hunny
12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Ive read through this whole post and i dont see where anyone is making her feel bad, everyone had been very compassionate with her and told her they understand now why she is late.

It was earnhardt1 that took the time and effort to organize this swap for everyone to enjoy, if thats not christmas spirit.. then i dont know what is.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
ty hunny i think ppl are quick to judge till it is them... not everyone has money to throw around and waste..... fair is fair no matter the situation....

galeane29
12-11-2007, 03:27 PM
oh so lets say that you wound up in the hospital you wouldnt want people to understand why you were unable to get your cards and gifts out in the mail? give me a break!

hunny
12-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Are you reading something different then i am?? Everyone DOES understand why her things are late going out, And has been given extra time to get them out.

galeane29
12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
fair is fair in any situation is what earnhardt said.....thats what i'm responding to

socks1211
12-11-2007, 03:37 PM
:flowers: :flowers: :grouphug
get better soon

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
so your saying that if everyone got sick its ok to shaft the other person

BULLSHIT........ if you do that to your partner then yes you are a bad trader

oh and FYI... she is my partner adn i am very well aware that she was in the hospital and i am being very understanding to her... i am in no hurry no whtat i know the reason she was late... we never said that she could not be late things happen but yes life goes on and you complete you obligations...

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Are you reading something different then i am?? Everyone DOES understand why her things are late going out, And has been given extra time to get them out.

Apparently.

We do understand why she was late. But before she let us know what was going on, we didn't know why she hadn't sent.

And when I was in the hospital last year, I had to get someone to post for me on here about a trade I was doing and then I had someone go to the PO for me to mail my end out.

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow this is unreal.

Galeane, are you this lady's Christmas Exchange partner? Because Im under the impression that Earnhardt is and SHE is being understanding. She is giving her all the time she needs to get the cards and the present out.

galeane29
12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
What? no I dont do the exchanges. Damn you all , why dont you go back and read the entire thread and see what is going on ....sheesh. I was making a point

oh and by the way , I have said already ...no its not ok to " shaft" the partner. Geez

No pun intended

gmyers
12-11-2007, 04:02 PM
It's the attitude I disagree with. It's like blackmailing someone to buy a gift. If something happens and you can't then you're put on a list and called a scammer. Somehow this seems really wrong to me.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
there is no blackmailing involved when you owe something it doesnt change because you get sick or someone says ohhhh you should cut her a break and take a loss

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 04:05 PM
What? no I dont do the exchanges. Damn you all , why dont you go back and read the entire thread and see what is going on ....sheesh. I was making a point

oh and by the way , I have said already ...no its not ok to " shaft" the partner. Geez

No pun intended

maybe you should re read because we are saying we unerstand..... you are the one making it seem like she doesnt owe anyone anything

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 04:08 PM
It's the attitude I disagree with. It's like blackmailing someone to buy a gift. If something happens and you can't then you're put on a list and called a scammer. Somehow this seems really wrong to me.

Everyone knows when they join these exchanges, that if the don't follow thru with the conditions, that will be reported to the bad traders list. Now it takes 3 legit complaints to be added to it.

So no one was blackmailing her, they were only re-stating the conditions of the exchange, that everyone agreed to when they joined.

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 04:10 PM

No pun intended

Go back and read the third post. I POSTED IT. I've been reading since the beginning.
Pray tell, what IS your point? I dont even know!

The lady said she hoped to have the money to mail out her end of the bargain this week. Where did someone say that wasnt OK?
Its not up to you to say what should happen to the exchange, thats between the OP and Earnhardt.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 04:15 PM
:yeah i am able to wait as long as long as i have it before the holiday then if i dont :shark i will be upset.... as i beleive i should be....:goofy
so maybe now you should relax and not worry about her xmas trade :soapbox

gmyers
12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
there is no blackmailing involved when you owe something it doesnt change because you get sick or someone says ohhhh you should cut her a break and take a loss

I think you're forgetting that this is for Christmas. What's more important getting the gift or caring about someone and their circumstances. I would hope that if you had something like this happen to you that people would show you compassion. Good grief it's like gimme my gift and to heck with what you're going through. You owe it to me.

freeby4me
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I think you're forgetting that this is for Christmas. What's more important getting the gift or caring about someone and their circumstances. I would hope that if you had something like this happen to you that people would show you compassion. Good grief it's like gimme my gift and to heck with what you're going through. You owe it to me.

The lady has asked for understanding and time to get the stuff out. NO WHERE did she ask to be "pardoned" from the exchanges.

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM

That is SO not the way it was. When she was reminded about the conditions of the trade, no one knew she was in the hospital. Now that they know, they are cool.

earnhardt1
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM

YOU ARE making more of this....... damn get the hell off of it already... and yes i do want my gift hence the reason i started this..... i know the reason of xmas and i didnt make a gift swap to be a giver not a receiver....... i can do that at home....the swap was also not meant to show what xmas means it was meant to SWAP gifts.......

dangerousfem
12-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I think we need to stop responding to both of them.. they are just causing arguments on here.. and neither one of them were in the exchange... she posted.. all is well... lets let it drop please.

ahippiechic
12-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I think we need to stop responding to both of them.. they are just causing arguments on here.. and neither one of them were in the exchange... she posted.. all is well... lets let it drop please.

Ditto. This thread has served it's purpose, so.....