PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with ebay buyers lately?

DrGrin
12-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I listed a few items on ebay, shipped them all the day of or the day after receiving payment.

Now, more than 15 days after I shipped the items, I have had three emails from three different buyers who got very ugly demanding to know where their items were, when were they shipped, blah, blah.

I checked the tracking number on each item, and sent back very nicely worded emails to each one.

Two of them had old addresses listed with paypal and both of them had been forwarded from the old address to a new address but not received by the buyer. I told them it was not my fault the address with paypal was not correct. :slap It is their responsibility to keep shipping info current with paypal if they are going to be buying items using paypal. :slap The sellers are obligated to ship to the addy in paypal. :rules The matter was out of my hands in both cases.

The third shows that they attempted to deliver the package to the guy on November 23 at 5:30pm and no one was home so they left a notice that the package must be picked up at the post office. I guess he didn't pay attention to the stuff in his mailbox that day.

I've also got a non paying bidder to deal with. I hate ebay procedure for that. I've been more than generous in allowing time to pay, yet ebay insists that my money in fees be tied up and that I can't relist for a few more days yet because I have to give them 8 more days to pay after filing the non paying bidder form. :banghead:

volkswagon7
12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
It's not just the buyers, it's the sellers too. I won an auction on Nov. 27 from a seller with 100% feedback and paid extra for Priority shipping. The auction stated with Priority it would take 2 to 3 days. Now they won't even answer my email about when or if it was shipped. All I asked was if it had shipped so that I can be watching for it and no answer at all.

DrGrin
12-09-2007, 02:45 PM
It's not just the buyers, it's the sellers too. I won an auction on Nov. 27 from a seller with 100% feedback and paid extra for Priority shipping. The auction stated with Priority it would take 2 to 3 days. Now they won't even answer my email about when or if it was shipped. All I asked was if it had shipped so that I can be watching for it and no answer at all.

You'd think the sellers could at least communicate with buyers. I try to answer messages right after I read them. I expect the same when I write to a seller.. don't just leave me hanging wondering what's going on when you've got my money and I don't have what I paid for. Give me an answer! Even if I don't like the answer! LOL

cuddlebugg
12-09-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree some sellers are getting bad again. I won an auction on the Nov 29, paid with paypal immediately, paid for priority shipping. Emailed the seller the other day and she told me that she hoped to get to the PO to mail it on Saturday (yesterday). Before I used the BIN I had asked her if I would indeed have them before the 13th, she assured me I would. These are for my Girl Scout Troops Christmas Party so I hope I do.

ilovecats
12-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Some people are just poopy-heads!(didn't want to say what I was really thinking!)They make me so mad.

cpbaby
12-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Maybe I am a bad "buyer".....

Bought a pink Christmas tree on November 19, used BIN, paid within 3 minutes. The auction stated they ship within 24 hours, so I assumed it would ship no later than Wednesday, November 21. It didnt ship till the next Monday. It arrived on Thursday and was WHITE.....I thought overnight and emailed the buyer asking if there was a mix-up(this was on Friday, Nov 30). On SUNDAY the seller emails me back and says whoopsy, I will send the pink one out immediately. It ships on Monday. On Friday, I get home to a box....not a tree box either. Inside was an electronic drum set thingy. Sophie(3 yrs old) was THRILLED, me......Not so much so. I said to hell with email, and requested her contact info. Then I called her. No answer, but I left a message saying I thought there was a mix up and I received the drum set. Please call me back at XXX-XXX-XXXX since I wouldnt be home. I left and never received a phone call. When I got home 3 hours later, there was a call on my home phone.(no voicemail, so no message) I called her the next morning from work and she was almost apologetic(not hateful, but not real apologetic, you know?) She wanted to IMMEDIATELY send me a calltag for the white tree and the drum set and then send me the pink tree. She got almost not happy with me when I said I woudnt send anything back until I got the pink tree.

If I do not get the pink tree this week, I will be filing a claim with PayPal. This is rediculous.

okie
12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Ever since November I have had atleast one non paying buyer a week, no joke. Today I had someone want to know when they would get their stuff. I told them that I had mailed it, when I mailed it and even gave a tracking number. I also let them know that I did not know when the post office would be delivering their item. I send the tracking number when I mail stuff so she knew it was mailed already.

PrincessArky
12-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Maybe I am a bad "buyer".....

Bought a pink Christmas tree on November 19, used BIN, paid within 3 minutes. The auction stated they ship within 24 hours, so I assumed it would ship no later than Wednesday, November 21. It didnt ship till the next Monday. It arrived on Thursday and was WHITE.....I thought overnight and emailed the buyer asking if there was a mix-up(this was on Friday, Nov 30). On SUNDAY the seller emails me back and says whoopsy, I will send the pink one out immediately. It ships on Monday. On Friday, I get home to a box....not a tree box either. Inside was an electronic drum set thingy. Sophie(3 yrs old) was THRILLED, me......Not so much so. I said to hell with email, and requested her contact info. Then I called her. No answer, but I left a message saying I thought there was a mix up and I received the drum set. Please call me back at XXX-XXX-XXXX since I wouldnt be home. I left and never received a phone call. When I got home 3 hours later, there was a call on my home phone.(no voicemail, so no message) I called her the next morning from work and she was almost apologetic(not hateful, but not real apologetic, you know?) She wanted to IMMEDIATELY send me a calltag for the white tree and the drum set and then send me the pink tree. She got almost not happy with me when I said I woudnt send anything back until I got the pink tree.

If I do not get the pink tree this week, I will be filing a claim with PayPal. This is rediculous.

gosh what a mess......I hope you are able to get what you actually paid for

MistyWolf
12-10-2007, 06:47 AM
So glad I don't do Ebay!