PDA

View Full Version : Play kitchen price

deb_gar
12-08-2007, 07:02 AM
ugh, the play kitchen I just bought for my GD is now on the front page of next weeks big lots ad for $30!!!! I paid 38.99 plus tax at Wally world for it.
Now, should I buy one from Big Lots (assuming they actually have one, they don't always have the sale items) and return the Wally world one? Hafta say, it's already wrapped, and it wasn't easy to do....it's a pretty big box.
Is it worth the $10 to drive to big lots, buy the kitchen, fight to get it in the car, drive home, unwrap the other, find the receipt, put it in the car,drive to walmart, stand in line for an hour (pretty much, the return line is LONG) and drive home again?
Decisions, decisions, .........

ahippiechic
12-08-2007, 07:17 AM
It wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd just keep the one I had.

freeby4me
12-08-2007, 07:34 AM
To me, not worth it. The thing I dont like with Big Lots is alot of their items are re-manufactured stuff. Of course I believe the item says if it is or not but between unwrapping the first one, taking it back to Walmart, driving to Big Lots, finding out if its the same one, hopefully buying it because they actually have it, driving home and re-wrapping it, all for 10 bucks? So not worth it!!

cuddlebugg
12-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Not worth it to me either. This is just one of those things that happens sometimes. Like you said they may not have it once you get there being the Christmas season I would definetelty just keep it.

Quaker_Parrots
12-08-2007, 08:14 AM
I would keep the one you have, not worth the time and the gas to "possibly" get it cheaper.

Willow
12-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I would just keep the one I had. LOL

MamaArc
12-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I would just keep the one I had, with the price of gas and all that it wouldn't be worth your time.

myashley89
12-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Yeah I would keep it too....it wouldn't be worth the $10 to go thru all that hassle...maybe if the savings were bigger, but not for ten bucks...you'd prolly spend that in gas running around anyway lol

sheila_361
12-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I would keep the one I had, maybe go back to wally world and see if they'd match the price?

Airbuswife
12-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I would keep the one I had, maybe go back to wally world and see if they'd match the price?

Yep, thats what i would do too! they say they do, so just take your receipt and the ad and see if they will match it! good luck! :)

Unicornmom77
12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Yep, thats what i would do too! they say they do, so just take your receipt and the ad and see if they will match it! good luck! :)

They might, I had a woman come through my line and tell me a story just like that one, and she went up to CS and they did honor it with the ad and her receipt and gave her the difference back! If you go to Walmart anyway it might be worth a try!

Good luck and I hate when that happens!!

earnhardt1
12-08-2007, 10:47 AM
i would keep it and try the price match..

deb_gar
12-08-2007, 12:55 PM
well, I was up by Big Lots so I stopped in. They do have them, but for some reason the box is smaller. It is the same kitchen, but in a different box. I'm thinking since it's Big Lots, maybe they are "seconds" or there is something wrong with them. Put the good ones in a big box, and the goof ups in a smaller box? Anyway, when I get the actual ad tomorrow, I'll try to see if Walmart will price match, since I'm sure I'll end up there soon anyway. Or at least close enough that it wouldn't be a special trip.
Thanks guys.

Shann
12-08-2007, 02:21 PM
i wouldn't go out of my way, by the time you figure in how much gas will cost, standing in line to buy from big lots, going to walmart, standing in line to return, lugging it around and driving back home, that wouldn't really be worth the $10 to me. Not to mention unwrapping and rewrapping.

aussiegirl
12-08-2007, 04:44 PM
If the boxes were the same size here's what I would do. I would go to big lots and buy it then drive directly to Wally's and return it with you receipt from Wally's. Since the boxes are different that would be a problem.

lymi
12-09-2007, 02:02 PM
I HATE returning anything. Sometimes I've kept things just to avoid the hassle. Although, returning things seems easier now than years ago

Shann
12-10-2007, 03:05 AM
I HATE returning anything. Sometimes I've kept things just to avoid the hassle. Although, returning things seems easier now than years ago

unless you go to Target or Kmart :lol ;) I agree w/ you lymi, I try not to have to return things, sometimes it's just more of a hassle, of course, I will if I need to and def. if it's a big ticket item. BUT I am notorious for losing receipts :o One thing I've learned, never ever buy a seasonal item from Kmart b/c if you do and it's defective and you return it after that holiday WITH the receipt you're still SOL b/c you should have a) known it was defective or b) opened it up and tested it out before giving it as a gift. And that is why I hate shopping at Kmart and will gladly price match their ad instead of going to their store. :p

flute
12-10-2007, 11:58 PM
The thing I dont like with Big Lots is alot of their items are re-manufactured stuff.

electronics, though not marked, are remanufactured at wal*mart as well.

iluvmybaby
12-11-2007, 05:33 PM
That is making me tired just THINKING about it, I would pay $10 not to go thru the hassle of all of that