PDA

View Full Version : I will never shop Toysrus again!

madie
12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
I have never shopped a big chain with such a lousy customer service before! I ordered my daughter a nintendo ds bundle with an extra game - I ordered it the beginning of last week under the paypal rebate - I kept checking on it (worried that the paypal rebate wouldn't work) and it just kept saying 'processing'. I spoke with someone on Wednesday on another order and was told it would take 1-2 days to process. I called them on friday (because it still said processing) and was told that paypal takes longer and that they would process it today. Monday, it still said processing so I called again and they put a search on it. Yesterday morning, I still hadn't heard anything so I called again and this time was told that the order had been cancelled last week and to replace the order and call them and they would make sure I got all the discounts and rebates. Went back on - they were all sold out so I called again and was told by someone else (nobody is ever available for a second conversation) that the newest information was that my order had been found and was now "outbound". Ok, finally! After thinking about it for a while, it just didn't make sense so I called back and was told that the order was indeed cancelled, they were out of stock and didn't know when they would get any in, but they would be happy to honor the price at that time (might be after Christmas though). I asked if it was possible to maybe pick one up at the store for this deal and was told that they are not 'affiliated' with the stores and that I could only get that price if that was the current sale price and it went off sale at the stores on Saturday - so no, I couldn't get it at the store for that price. Oh yes, then they said I should have been notified early last week to re-order because or problems with paypal - sorry you didn't get that email.

Basically, I understand how mix ups can happen but I don't understand how they can lie to you or tell you what you want to hear to get you off their phone (the one on friday that said they would process it that day and the one who said it was 'outbound'). I was only offed free shipping (7.82) for compensation and really felt the the supervisor I spoke with had that 'not my problem' attitude - it was obvious that he was busy doing something else while we spoke.

Bottom line, I bought it at walmart (paid more because I didn't get my discounts) and will not shop toysrus again!

One more thing, it's a good thing I was on top of this order, could you imagine the 'Santa' gift not showing up and if I didnt' know it wasn't even coming???

BeanieLuvR
12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow! That is terrible what a runaround that they gave you. I would never shop there again either. Glad you got it at Walmart but sorry that you had to pay more. I don't like TRU b&m stores and won't shop at them.

loris520
12-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Im sorry that happened to you. I can't stand them either. I stopped shopping there last Christmas long story but they suck. Target always has the toys I am looking for so I shop there instead. Try placing a call to the GM(general Manager) im sure they would like to know about whats going on in their stores...

ssgjeg
12-06-2007, 12:54 PM
My husband has worked as a retail manager for a long time and says that anytime you have a problem with a store, if the store manager can't fix it, then ask for the district managers phone number and the number to their corporate offices. Nobody wants it to go to corporate because then everything rolls down hill.

PrincessArky
12-06-2007, 12:57 PM
hate to hear ya had so much trouble.......they gave me the elmo order run around last year so I have been done with them for a while lol

glad you were able to get one even if ya had to pay more

Shann
12-06-2007, 03:37 PM
I have heard multiple gripes about toys r us from another site I visit. Of course I didn't read them until after I made my order. It said processing for a week and then finally shipped, took another six days, but I thankfully got it. I have to say, I was highly dissatisfied w/ how long it took to ship. You are lucky though, a lot of ppl were not being offered the same deal, they were pretty much told too bad so sad, if you want it you pay the full price on it. :mad: what crappy service! It was TRU fault! I would be mad too, you could try and complain through www.planetfeedback.com and see if that gets you anywhere. Good luck.

uzjazz123
12-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Toyrus is never getting my money again.I had a very bitter experience with them too.Their customer service sucks.
They charged my account twice for one item causing me a huge overdraft.Good thing you found out when you did and not after christmas.