PDA

View Full Version : Nurse, nurse..I need a nurse..OUCH

DBackFan
12-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Ok most of you know I had shoulder surgery and I am dealing with it although it is extremely painful because of all they had to do and I can't use that arm for a month.

OK....well last night I was walking to my computer and I almost tripped on my dog so as I am stepping OVER her and I put my foot down I hear this huge POP in the back of my leg down near my ankle and now I can hardly walk!! I have been researching it and it sounds like I may have torn my achilles tendon but most people do it playing tennis or something not just stepping over the dog!

Can it get better on its own? My left shoulder, my right foot. I am falling apart.

freeby4me
12-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Yikes! You better call the doctor just in case. I know with alot of things like that if you get it checked out and possibly fixed right away you'll have less problems than waiting.

mosdata1
12-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Def see a Dr. she will probably send you for x-rays, but when my DH broke his ankle that's exactly what happened. I can't remember what type of break it was, but it bascially separated his bones at his ankle. I hope yours is different (if it is a break), because those are a real pain to heal.

Hope you feel better soon. Next time just tell the dog to move. lol.

DBackFan
12-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Yah I know I need to call the Dr but if I walk with that foot flat I am ok..if I have to get a cast or a walking boot on my right foot I won't be able to drive! (not that I can now yet anyway) UGH. I will have to go to the Urgent care and will have to wait for a ride..even if i drove if I end up in a cast I will be stuck.

YankeeMary
12-06-2007, 10:22 AM
YIKES!!! You wouldn't even be able to use crutches, not the best time to hurt your ankle. I hope you just sprained it and it isn't the AT...those are a true booger to heal. Days like this I find chocolate helps. HUGS, I really hope its nothing. Let us know.

lymi
12-06-2007, 11:08 AM
ouch. You sound like me. I am accident prone. I feel sooo bad for you. You are gonna have to have it looked at. Don't want permanent damage. Hugs to you.

YankeeMary
12-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Causes of Injury
Overuse, misalignment, improper footwear, medication side effects, and/or accidents can all result in Achilles tendon injuries. Multiple causes often contribute to the same Achilles tendon injury.

If it is you achilles tendon, and it was injured so easily, I would check out medication side effects, KWIM?

Treating Injuries

Treatment for Achilles tendinosis includes: relative rest, muscle strengthening, physical therapies (i.e. ultrasound, laser photostimulation, electrical stimulation), and ice. Treatment for an Achilles rupture includes complete immobilization, or in the most severe cases: surgery.

cathych
12-06-2007, 11:47 AM
nurse here..........................GET THEE TO A MD AS QUICK AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBackFan
12-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh yuck.....I really wanted to try and ignore it but i guess I better call a freind to come and take me. I will let you know after a bit. :(

Kelsey1224
12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanksgiving 2005 - I broke my right ankle. Thanksgiving 2006 - I broke my right shoulder. Had shoulder surgery in July 2007 to repair additional damage caused when I broke the shoulder. Praise God...nothing broke this Thanksgiving...but I really feel for you DbackFan. The broken ankle was a piece of cake compared with everything associated with the shoulder. They can put your ankle in a cast (in my case, a walking boot) to immobilize it and eliminate most pain. For a shoulder, they can do NOTHING!!!

PrincessArky
12-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh yuck.....I really wanted to try and ignore it but i guess I better call a freind to come and take me. I will let you know after a bit. :(

do not ignore it honey get to the dr........I will send ya nice postive thoughts and lots of prayers hopefully it wont be too serious

mosdata1
12-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Yah I know I need to call the Dr but if I walk with that foot flat I am ok..if I have to get a cast or a walking boot on my right foot I won't be able to drive! (not that I can now yet anyway) UGH. I will have to go to the Urgent care and will have to wait for a ride..even if i drove if I end up in a cast I will be stuck.

DH only had to wear an air cast when he was out. In the house, he just put his foot up. Since he has a stick shift car, he took it off to drive (against Dr's orders - but he couldn't drive with it on).

cathych
12-06-2007, 05:43 PM
get a taxi if you have to

Shann
12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
any updates? hope everything is all right.

Tasha405
12-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Did you go have it checked out?? Hope you're ok! :hug

DBackFan
12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
OK I am home and it is not my achilles tendon but he does think I may have ruptured my Soleus muscle. Basically he just wrapped it and we are treating it like a sprain unless it doesn't get better and then I will need an MRI. I am just doing RICE. Rest, Ice, compression and elevation. Thanks everyone, I have more reason to sit here..LOL

Pepsi4me
12-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Hope it feels better soon.

earnhardt1
12-06-2007, 08:24 PM
(((((tami))))))))))))
get some hot choclate and marshmallows

Mom2Shaun
12-07-2007, 12:29 AM
(((((tami))))))))))))
get some hot choclate and marshmallows

Ahhhh, the cure for almost anything . . .

BeanieLuvR
12-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Hope that you are feeling better soon! :)

lizmolik
12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh...that sounds like it hurts! Im so sorry...I hope you feel better soon! :hug

MamaArc
12-07-2007, 05:35 AM
Hope you feel better soon.

I have to go the 11th for a MRI I fell a while back and they said at the er that I bruised a ligament in my knee but it hasn't gotten any better. So I went to my regular doctor and he thinks I might have torn my meniscus.

PrincessArky
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
oh thank god I am glad that it isnt as serious as we first thought and hey its great you have an excuse to be here more lol

Army-Mom
12-07-2007, 06:12 AM
Hope you are feeling better...

lymi
12-07-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm glad it's not too bad. But I bet it hurts. I know it sucks to be "grounded" when there is so much to do for the holidays. Just relax and get better

tracyb
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
girl....I think you need a big bubble to stay in.....with internet access of course...lol.....Hope it all gets better soon for you and pain on both ends go away.

lymi
12-09-2007, 01:54 PM
hey db. how are ya doing? Better I hope

ilovecats
12-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear how much pain you are in.That stinks.Hope you feel better soon.

cathych
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
I tore my meniscus, & I know just how you feel. I know it hurts like a you-know-what. I don't know if the md is advising you to use heat yet, but therma care heat wraps are wonderful.