PDA

View Full Version : 1st Online Shopping Vent

peaceluver
12-06-2007, 07:34 AM
I have never had this happen before but I am ready to go off on someone. I found a website that had some great prices and decided to order the kids stocking stuffers from them. I ordered a total of 16 items and they sent me a notice today saying they shipped out the order. I cant find anything they shipped that I actually ordered. It's like oh we dont have that so we will just send this instead. Also most of the items I ordered were sets and they sent me things like book #5 and book # 3 in totally different series. I am just going to call the company and send them right back.
I also ordered something from toys r us and they sent the item in a huge box with nothing around the much smaller box inside. I am just hoping that it works after shipping that way.

kelblend
12-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Drives me crazy too. If you don't have it, don't advertise it. Substition shouldn't just be assumed. But, it was probably in extremely tiny print somewhere. They should have substituted a whole set of books if nothing else. Sorry about the frustration especially at this time of year.

DBackFan
12-06-2007, 09:09 AM
I also ordered something from toys r us and they sent the item in a huge box with nothing around the much smaller box inside. I am just hoping that it works after shipping that way.

I had the same thing happen from Overstock and they are usually good but I get this huge box with no air pillows or anything and a small box with expensive binoculars...ugh. I have to try them today while he is gone.

PrincessArky
12-07-2007, 04:00 PM
oh wow that just completely sux........mostly I shop Amazon and knock on wood I have been very lucky considering some of the stories I have heard about them

Bliss
12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Buy.com cracks me up. I've never bought anything from buy.com and I ordered a stick of memory for my son computer, I used google, the 10.00 just minused off a little of the shipping, it's not like they were giving me the memory for free. Those goofballs canceled my order... I went else where and bought the memory and actually saved myself a few bucks.

I'm not even going to mess with buy.com if they can't fullfill an order, it's a waste of time.

Shann
12-07-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope you're able to get it straightened out, what a mess and now you don't have your stocking stuffers :(

lymi
12-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I ordered a fishing basket from Cabela. Got it in, my husband was like," my , what did you order?" The box was HUGE. Opened it up, and there is the little basket I ordered. Why waste boxes and freight on oversized boxes? Doesn't big companies have different size boxes?