PDA

View Full Version : Soooo angry! (My car was broken into)

LoveBugg
12-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I am so freaking angry right now. This was my sons first real Christmas since last year he didnt know what was going on, and just got out of the hospital because he was a preemie. Well anyways. I was in Bath and Body works to get a candle for an exchange on Sunday, and when I came back to my car, someone had busted out my windows, and took all but 1 little car that I had gotten my son for Christmas. I had saved and saved to make this a special one for my son, because he has no one else but me, and these jerks had the nerve to jack his presents. I cannot afford to replace them, and so now what do I tell a 1 1/2 year old when he only has 1 little car under the tree?

Oh well, I hope those jerks have a wonderful Christmas.

tracey74
12-04-2007, 10:38 PM
thats why you always lock stuff up like that in the trunk so they cant see it. sorry to hear this happened to you.

LoveBugg
12-04-2007, 10:41 PM
thats why you always lock stuff up like that in the trunk so they cant see it. sorry to hear this happened to you.

I did. I have an SUV so unfortunatly the trunk has a big nice window for nice thieves to window shop.

tracey74
12-04-2007, 10:48 PM
ahh umm ok gotcha well start hiding them under the seats then other than that I dont know

Bliss
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Some people are pure hateful... Sorry it happened to you. Put a blanket or something in your suv to cover things up, out of sight out of mind.

This is the time of year when people start theiving and think peoples belongins are theres for the taking.

Eyore
12-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Maybe your insurance will reimburse you for the stolen toys. I hope they will at least.

gmyers
12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Are you going to file with your insurance for the vandalism? If you do I don't know for sure but I think you can claim the gifts were stolen when it was vandalized. Look at your car insurance policy and see if they cover things stolen during the vandalism. Or call your agent if your filing a claim.

Shann
12-05-2007, 12:35 AM
how awful, I'd see if your insurance would cover it as well, some people have no respect :(

earnhardt1
12-05-2007, 01:22 AM
ur insurance will replace them..

Freebeemom
12-05-2007, 05:24 AM
That isn't the point...locking things up, hiding them in your own car. The point is that some jerk/jerks stole something that wasn't theirs. Karma will get them. I would be pissed too....very pissed. I don't care if someone steals a candybar out of someone's car....stealing is stealing. It is wrong. Period.

Sorry this happened to you.

freeby4me
12-05-2007, 05:31 AM
(((HUGS))) some people are just so mean, it was probably a bunch of teenagers who did it just to be dumb, they'll get theirs in the end though, you wait and see.
Why dont you call your local toys for tots drive and see if you can sign your son up for it. Stuff the toys into one of your pillows if you have to, I have my son's presents in my dresser drawer right now.

Army-Mom
12-05-2007, 05:46 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you..there is alot of this going on around here also..

lymi
12-05-2007, 07:31 AM
that is just WRONG. People are so heartless. To steal gifts. Everyone knows that if it is in your car it is probably a Christmas gift. To steal that is so wrong. Especially to steal a childs gift

PrincessArky
12-05-2007, 07:47 AM
oh I am so sorry this happened :(

ahippiechic
12-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Hope your ins. covers the gifts.

But if he's only 18 mo old, he won't know the difference. I'm sure he'll be happy with whatever is under the tree. I doubt he'd understand any explaination anyway.

xtrememom
12-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Are you going to file with your insurance for the vandalism? If you do I don't know for sure but I think you can claim the gifts were stolen when it was vandalized. Look at your car insurance policy and see if they cover things stolen during the vandalism. Or call your agent if your filing a claim.

AS long as she has comprehensive coverage it should cover it, we had something similiar happen right in front of our house they broke into both vehicles and stole everything car seats and even DH' prescription sunglasses. Our insurance re-imbursed us for everything after we paid the deductible. The cops came out and did finger prints and caught the scumbags never did recover any of our stuff and everything was in the trunk of the car except the car seats we used for DS.

Xtrememom

earnhardt1
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
did you file a police report on the sceen??? usually required for the ins. company. esp if it was broken into there would be damage to the suv

BigLyd1
12-05-2007, 09:42 AM
It's likely your car isn't the first or last to be broken into. If they keep at it, they'll get caught... hopefully sooner or later. If they get caught soon, maybe some of the property will be recovered. It's a long shot but possible.

Somebody broke into my car one time and I was the end of a "string" of burglaries but that's only because the guy got selfish one night. Maybe the jerks in yours will get selfish and get caught.

DrGrin
12-05-2007, 10:11 AM
If you have full coverage on your vehicle, it should cover theft of personal property inside the car. They may want to see receipts as proof of purchase of what was inside.

Sorry this happened to you.

LoveBugg
12-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I love my insurance coverage. All they needed were reciepts, and they wrote me a check and tada, my window was fixed this morning and my sons presents will be replaced later this week.

I am so thankful for my insurance company. They saved Christmas!

JKATHERINE
12-05-2007, 12:47 PM
What great news!! I'm so glad it worked out for you! :)

freeby4me
12-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I love my insurance coverage. All they needed were reciepts, and they wrote me a check and tada, my window was fixed this morning and my sons presents will be replaced later this week.

Oh good, so glad it worked out!!

Eyore
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
That's good news. Hopefully whoever did this will be caught. Start carrying a blanket in your SUV to throw over things so that can't be seen as easy.

PrincessArky
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM

woohoo glad it worked out

gmyers
12-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Thats wonderful! I'm really glad that now ya'll will have a nice Christmas. And I hope they find who did it so they can't do it to other people.