PDA

View Full Version : Those hard working county workers

Mini
12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh boy let me tell ya they work soooooo hard! They were just down by the house mowing the side of the road and trimming the trees. WHY?? 19 inches below normal on rain an 15th month in a row below and they feel the need to mow? We mowed what 3 times this whole year ourselves. I also noticed they must have put the snow plows on the trucks but I dont think it will help much when its on CROOKED. Not to mention they stopped by here to tell us theyre gonna be tearing down places and taking junk and cars away cause theyre crackin down on that oh wow theres only been junk here for 10 YEARS or longer. Dont they have anything better to do then waste money on doin this stuff? And county always complains bout never havin enough money oh please!

Sorry not really a vent or whine and its stupid but this just goes to show you where the money really goes. Junk is a bad thing but make the people who owns it do it and spendin all that money in gas to mow dead grass??

MsLynn
12-04-2007, 02:39 PM
normally when the county comes to haul off junk like that its a "code" violation, and the owner of the property is usually billed for the time/labor used to do clean it up

buglebe
12-06-2007, 08:12 AM
We have a new mayor in Birmingham and believe me he is cleaning up. We are all thrilled. Even those of us who live outside the city are thrilled to see the city cleaned up because it still reflects on us. He is cleaning 27 communities in 27 days and oh yes the people will be getting bills for this work they should have done themselves. A big hoorah! for Birmingham.