PDA

View Full Version : Used my stand mixer for the first time!

Shann
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I listed to all of your recommendations to hold off and get a KitchenAid. While looking through the BF ads, I found a really great deal on one. :D :star: :dancing: Well, yesterday was the first day I had the energy to try it out. I made two batches of Banana bread, one w/ walnuts for me and one w/o for Luke and it is so good! My days of hand mixing are pretty much over! :dancing: We've all ready picked out a place for it to go on the counter (well Luke did) and he seemed pretty excited when I told him that it takes attachments like a meat grinder... it was cute, he said we wouldn't have to buy hamburger anymore :lol men... I'll share the loaf w/o nuts for those of you who are really really nice :lol :rofl:

YankeeMary
12-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Trying real hard to be nice here...lol. Glad you like it.

Heidi
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Did you get the one at Kohl's? I got one there on BF. I've already used mine 4 times (twice mixing goop for beef jerky for DH, once making a cake and once making muffins). I love it!!! All the accessories are on my Christmas list.

MistyWolf
12-03-2007, 08:14 PM
So glad you like your new mixer ;) .. I love mine. You'll have to go to kitchenaid.com and order a mixer cover to keep your baby warm :) .. mine is toasty on the counter .. lol.

Shann
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Did you get the one at Kohl's? I got one there on BF. I've already used mine 4 times (twice mixing goop for beef jerky for DH, once making a cake and once making muffins). I love it!!! All the accessories are on my Christmas list.

No, I actually got it from Mervyn's, which is like Kohls. The only bad thing is that there is only one color to choose from for the model I got.. :( at least it wasn't white though, mine is black... I wanted the red one, but that's OK. :) How do you make your beef jerky? YUM! You've been busy!

So glad you like your new mixer ;) .. I love mine. You'll have to go to kitchenaid.com and order a mixer cover to keep your baby warm :) .. mine is toasty on the counter .. lol.

I know I need to get a cover, I'm hoping to get a sewing machine so I can just make my own cover for it :lol

Mary.... keep trying :lol j/k! :p :rofl: