PDA

View Full Version : Any Italians out there? Need Help with a recipe

Chelle66
12-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Italian oil cookies, I have looked and looked online and can not find it, I know it took alot of oil ,anise was optional, tasted like the best sugar cookies I have ever had, made alot of cookies, and you iced with a simple frosting made of conf. sugar

Unicornmom77
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Well they sound awesome I hope someone can find them, so we can all try em!

loris520
12-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Im Italian ,and I think you are looking for Pitzelle cookies. I will give it to you as soon as I can find the recipe. We used to make them in the waffle iron and they have the anise in them and then you sprinkle the top with conf sugar. Now you got me wanting them lol

DBackFan
12-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Is this it or close?

ITALIAN ANISETTE COOKIES

2 large eggs
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons anisette liquor
1 tablespoon corn oil
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 2/3 cups flour
Icing
1 cup confectioners' or glazing sugar
4 teaspoons milk
4 teaspoons light corn syrup

In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, anisette; beat until smooth.
In a small bowl, beat together oil and room temperature butter until well combined. Stir into batter.

Gradually add flour, beating only for a short time after flour has been added. Use more or less flour to make a soft cookie batter dough. (Using less flour will make for a lighter cookie). Dough should be soft, but stiff enough to form a smooth shape.

Cover; refrigerate dough for several hours.

Using a cookie scoop or two teaspoons, shape the dough into small balls; press bottom of cookies lightly onto lightly greased cookie sheets, while keeping the rounded tops.

Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 15 minutes. The cookies should be crisp but do not brown - they should be very light in color.

Using a spatula, transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.

To ice the cookies: In a clean mixing bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners' sugar with 4 teaspoons milk and 4 teaspoons Karo syrup. Stir until the icing is of a spreadable consistency, adding more milk if required. A few drops of anisette may be added for flavor; a drop or two of food coloring can be stirred in for a pastel-colored icing, if desired.

Dip cookie tops into icing, then optionally sprinkle with colored cookie decorations.

Makes approximately 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

earnhardt1
12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
lol tami i was just coming to post the same thing lol

earnhardt1
12-03-2007, 11:13 AM
im italian and cant wait till granny does her cookies :) for our wedding she made 45 dozen and about 15 different kinds
she does the whole big 7 fish dinner on xmas eve and more

sandooch
12-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Im Italian ,and I think you are looking for Pitzelle cookies. I will give it to you as soon as I can find the recipe. We used to make them in the waffle iron and they have the anise in them and then you sprinkle the top with conf sugar. Now you got me wanting them lol

Ooooo...my mom just made tons of these this past weekend. All her friends look forward to getting pizelles from her during the holidays.
http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/23.gif

DBackFan
12-03-2007, 11:20 AM
This might actually be it because it calls for a lot of oil.

ITALIAN ANISE COOKIES

6 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. anisette flavor or 1 capful anise oil
1 c. milk
1 c. oil
6 c. flour
6 tsp. baking powder

Mix eggs, sugar, milk, oil and flavoring together. Add dry ingredients. Shape as desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

Chelle66
12-03-2007, 11:21 AM
nope this takes alot of oil like cups LOL no anise unless you want to put it in, around 6 cups of flour

the frosting I just made my self with butter and conf. sugar & milk, made like roll out cookies you could cut with cookie cutters

Chelle66
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
This might actually be it because it calls for a lot of oil.

ITALIAN ANISE COOKIES

6 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. anisette flavor or 1 capful anise oil
1 c. milk
1 c. oil
6 c. flour
6 tsp. baking powder

Mix eggs, sugar, milk, oil and flavoring together. Add dry ingredients. Shape as desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.

hmmm that might be it, maybe the lady that I had gotten it from originally made fgor more qty?

evrita
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
ITALIAN COOKIES

6 c. flour
2 c. sugar
5 eggs
6 tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. vanilla
2 sticks butter

By hand in large bowl mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, then mix baking powder in well, then flour. Knead well adding more flour if too sticky. Bake at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes. Keep checking bottom of cookies, when golden brown they're done. Frost with glaze and colorful sprinkles.

ITALIAN COOKIE GLAZE:

3 c. confectioners' sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
Little milk

Melt butter in microwave then mix with confectioners' sugar with beater. Add vanilla. Then slowly add milk until it gets a little runny. Beat fast for 2 1/2 minutes. Dip each cookie in, then sprinkle with colorful sprinkles. Let set, uncovered until completely dry.

Chelle66
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
now im gonna have to do em and taste one LOL

evrita
12-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Is the one I posted it?

Chelle66
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
both yours and DBackFan
sound so close, except I know the recipe I used to have had oil

earnhardt1
12-03-2007, 12:02 PM