PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for prayers

midwestgal
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
We accepted a foster baby we call Coop with the plan to adopt him, as we were told it was a very high likelyhood of adoption because of bio-mom's history. It's been 7 months since he came home and I can't imagine my life without him. It looks as if he will probably be returning home to his bio parents. Mom has a long history of giving up her children and drug use (herion and cocaine) even while she was pregnant with him. During visits Bio Dad drives Coop around without a license and has only been able to show 3 weeks of income for the last seven months, but so far child welfare thinks thats okay because the bio-parents are supposedley working hard to get him back. Even though we have been Coop's parent's for the last 7 months, Bio-Mom wirtes me mean and spiteful notes. She calls me his babysitter, reminds me how to take care of him and puts my caregiving skills down as if I am not taking good care of him and constantly reminds me I'm nothing to him. Coop came home as a premmie 4 lbs and going through withdrawals, he was colic, had reflux and was on an apnea monitor. My husband works nights so I have fully bonded with Coop through all the late nights. Now that we nursed him to health: no apnea monitor, full on track developmentally, no more colic, we figured out a formula that works and a reflux med that helped dramatically and he now weighs 20 lbs! Bio-Mom acts like its no big deal he may leave us, she told us just to get another baby or have one of our own. There are ton more things that make me so worried that this sweet little boy will be reunified with them, but I shouldn't give too many details. We love him so much all I do is cry and pray. I pray for him to be safe, happy and loved if he goes to live with his bio-parents, I pray for God's Holy Spirit to guide everyone involved in the decision making and I pray he can stay home with us where he is loved, safe and means the world to us. Today I'm praying to get through the day as well. He truly is the light in my life. Please pray for us and put us on your prayer chain.

Thank you so much!

freeby4me
12-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Best wishes. (((HUGS)))

BeanieLuvR
12-02-2007, 11:50 AM
((((midwestgal)))) Praying for you and Coop. Poor little guy. I hope he gets to stay with you.

Army-Mom
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
that is so sad..I will pray for your family..

lizmolik
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I will definently keep you in my prayers...it sounds like you would give that child the best chance! :hug and I hope that court goes well on the 10th for ya, so you can have the child for Christmas!

gmyers
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I will definitely pray that the court will let ya'll keep him. It sounds like thats where he belomgs. I don't blame you for being worried. I really hope God gives the judge the wisdom to let you keep him. Please let us know what happens.

YankeeMary
12-02-2007, 05:37 PM
I completely know how you feel and what you are going through. Sometimes the very agencies that are set up to help children seem hell bent on destroying them. Please know that you will be in my prayers and the God will keep Coop safe and sound if he is taken from you. God's will be done. HUGS, I am here if you need to talk.

ang in NC
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Praying for you and this little child

MamaArc
12-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Praying for you and Coop. I hope that all goes well in court and they know he is safe where he is.

karefree
12-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I pray that all you prayers are answered for Coop. It is apparent that you have his best interest at heart. He belongs with you.