PDA

View Full Version : Our youngest donkey died yesterday :(

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 05:59 AM
Our young little Peter Lunchmeat passed away yesterday and we are not sure why. He was born on Mother's Day this year........it is just so very sad :( Here is a pic of Peter on the day that he was born

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Princessarky/100_1433.jpg

robinA
11-30-2007, 06:05 AM
So sorry :(

taz69
11-30-2007, 06:06 AM
so sorry-he was a cute little thing.

socks1211
11-30-2007, 07:12 AM
aww i am so sorry he was cute

dv8grl
11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
awww..baby donkey.

tough guy
11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear about him! He was very cute!

lassss
11-30-2007, 07:20 AM
He's soo cute.... I am sorry to hear he passed

ahippiechic
11-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Cute! Sorry about his passing.

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 07:30 AM
thanx guys.......I know there are alot of ppl in the world that think of him as a donkey but he was our baby and I love how so many of you here either understand that or feel the same way :)

MamaArc
11-30-2007, 07:37 AM
So sorry for your loss. He sure was a cutie.

lymi
11-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I'm so sorry. Funny, some people want a horse. I ALWAYS wanted a donkey. I just love them.

moe265
11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I am sorry for your loss...

sheila_361
11-30-2007, 08:24 AM
awwww so sorry for your loss, he was so cute :hug

Willow
11-30-2007, 08:26 AM
He was so cute. I'm sorry that he died. :(

tigger4
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
I am so sorry. He was such a cutie.

I love donkeys. They are just so adorable.

YankeeMary
11-30-2007, 10:30 AM
How sad for you all. I just have to ask. What do you do with your donkeys? Are you kids able to ride them. He sure was a cutie. So sorry for your loss.

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 10:37 AM
How sad for you all. I just have to ask. What do you do with your donkeys? Are you kids able to ride them. He sure was a cutie. So sorry for your loss.

Honestly the first one we got was because I told my brother I wanted a little one cause they are cute.......well he got me a big one lol Then we thought maybe he needed friends and one day at the sale the slaughter house was bidding on these donkeys there so my brother got them basically to save their lives and to give my donkey a friend :)

Peter's older brother is one that we have been working on training to ride and he is starting to get the hang of it :) Peter was one we wanted to train also. My 3 yr old has been waiting for him to get big enough to ride.

DBackFan
11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
So sorry that happened. We had donkeys for awhile, I loved them. Hope you find out what killed him in case it can save the others.

YankeeMary
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Honestly the first one we got was because I told my brother I wanted a little one cause they are cute.......well he got me a big one lol Then we thought maybe he needed friends and one day at the sale the slaughter house was bidding on these donkeys there so my brother got them basically to save their lives and to give my donkey a friend :)

Peter's older brother is one that we have been working on training to ride and he is starting to get the hang of it :) Peter was one we wanted to train also. My 3 yr old has been waiting for him to get big enough to ride.

A friend for a donkey. I love it. The people at the end of our street has one bull. I call him Mr. Lonely. I am always telling my dh I feel sorry for him, he needs a friend...lol.

Mom2Shaun
11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Ohhh, that's so sad. I can understand how you feel.

(I had no idea baby donkeys can be so cute. He certainly was a cutie.)

pepperpot
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
What a sweet story, you have a nice brother.

How sad :(, he was such a cutie....((hugs))

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
A friend for a donkey. I love it. The people at the end of our street has one bull. I call him Mr. Lonely. I am always telling my dh I feel sorry for him, he needs a friend...lol.

yeah he sure does...........we have a bull I forget what his name is on his papers but I named him Stud Muffin.........Muffin for short and that makes everyone laugh out loud because he weights about 2500 plus pounds lol

Memedav
11-30-2007, 11:01 AM
How precious! I am so sorry that he has passed away. I always wanted a pig when I was little and eventually got one that lived on my Uncle's farm. Her name was Boom-Boom Sha-Na-Na.......what can I say, I was 8 years old. LOL Right now we have a chihuahua, 3 cats that my neighbor moved and left behind, and a red-eared slider turtle that we got free at a moving sale LOL

So does that leave you with only 2 donkeys left? I'm sure your 3 year old must be just heartbroken after all this. Hugs to you guys!

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 11:12 AM
How precious! I am so sorry that he has passed away. I always wanted a pig when I was little and eventually got one that lived on my Uncle's farm. Her name was Boom-Boom Sha-Na-Na.......what can I say, I was 8 years old. LOL Right now we have a chihuahua, 3 cats that my neighbor moved and left behind, and a red-eared slider turtle that we got free at a moving sale LOL

So does that leave you with only 2 donkeys left? I'm sure your 3 year old must be just heartbroken after all this. Hugs to you guys!

We still have
P-Row
George
Little Jack
Snowflake
Violet.......Little Jack and Peter's mom............she is just so terribly sad that I am worried about her

Army-Mom
11-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I am so sorry for your loss..he is very cute.

BeanieLuvR
11-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I am so very sorry. He sure was a cutie. :hug

lymi
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM

We had a pot belly pig once House trained. Taught her to beg and sit. They are actually cleaner than most thank. She went to the door when she wanted out. Always went in the exact same place in the yard. We had to get rid of her. My kids were young, and their friends would come over. When they would rough house, (scooter) would try to protect them and go after their friends. I was so afraid she would bite them, so we got rid of her. She was a real sweetheart. She was just very protective of us

Fred12
11-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Awww I am so sorry. I love donkeys! He is at the Rainbow Bridge running free and happy.

buttrfli
11-30-2007, 01:15 PM
aaww thats so sad :(

:hug

LuvBigRip
11-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I am so sorry. He was just adorable.

LunaChick
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Awww I'm sorry about your little furbaby. He was certainly a cutie face.

mirage7000
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Our young little Peter Lunchmeat passed away yesterday and we are not sure why. He was born on Mother's Day this year........it is just so very sad :( Here is a pic of Peter on the day that he was born

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/Princessarky/100_1433.jpg

I can't look cause I would go into tears! Hugs and prayers sent!

Mr Ginny
11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
That's the cuties ass that I've ever seen. Honestly though, I'm sorry for your loss. I used to work with burros so I know how it feels when one of them dies.

Jackie_Blu
11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
awww Princess, he was so cute. My heart breaks for you. Had he been sickly or did you just find him gone? How very sad. Im sure his Mother is beside herself with grief too, not sure what you could do to console her. :hug

PrincessArky
12-01-2007, 06:05 AM
awww Princess, he was so cute. My heart breaks for you. Had he been sickly or did you just find him gone? How very sad. Im sure his Mother is beside herself with grief too, not sure what you could do to console her. :hug

Nothing was wrong with him that we know of........I mean it was raining and very cold last weekend so I worried that might have been the problem but brother is gonna ask at the feed store about some new feed he apparently gave them last time he was here. His mommy is still very upset staying away from the other donkeys and the cows........I can't even get her to come to me at the moment :(

mirage7000
12-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Nothing was wrong with him that we know of........I mean it was raining and very cold last weekend so I worried that might have been the problem but brother is gonna ask at the feed store about some new feed he apparently gave them last time he was here. His mommy is still very upset staying away from the other donkeys and the cows........I can't even get her to come to me at the moment :(

Awe the poor mommy! May have been the feed. I switched dog food once and my dog got incredibly ill. Just so sad!:hug

nanajoanie
12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry about Peter. He was so cute. Tice had a donkey when he was little and his Daddy made him a cart for the donkey. That was how they got around on the old dirt roads out in the country.

erinma
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
so sorry for your loss.

he was such a cute donkey.

Shann
12-01-2007, 05:20 PM
aww that's so sad, I'm so sorry for you and your families loss... poor Violet {{{{hugs}}}} He was so cute.

swoose
12-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was absolutely adorable. I love his name. Peter Lunchmeat. That is the cutest name ever.

Mary_Jo3
12-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

PrincessArky
12-02-2007, 07:08 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was absolutely adorable. I love his name. Peter Lunchmeat. That is the cutest name ever.

well I cant take the credit for his name lol He was name by the Swan022's hubby

His mom, Violet still seems to be very down I am just hoping in time she will be back to her normal self

YankeeMary
12-02-2007, 10:34 AM
well I cant take the credit for his name lol He was name by the Swan022's hubby

His mom, Violet still seems to be very down I am just hoping in time she will be back to her normal self

So swan022 is your SIL??? I didn't know that you all even knew each other. Where have I been?

JaneG
12-02-2007, 10:49 AM
He was adorable!! Aww, I'm so sorry for you and his pen-mates. :(

PrincessArky
12-03-2007, 04:47 AM
So swan022 is your SIL??? I didn't know that you all even knew each other. Where have I been?

no we arent related we just met on here at bbs but she has been a very dear friend to me and I love her like a sis thats forsure :)

chazsgirl
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
sorry to hear that! He is cute!