PDA

View Full Version : Suspect named/arrested in my family murders!!!

suzziq03
11-29-2007, 11:12 AM
I am unsure if this is the name that Sylvia gave my aunt Dora, she doesn't talk about it much, but if I find out anymore Ill let you guys know. Thank you so much for all the prayers and wishes!!!:Dancing2: :D

find picture of suspect here: www.Yumasun.com

Suspect named in La Mesa, Gill murders
BY JAMES GILBERT, SUN STAFF WRITER
November 28, 2007 - 10:31PM
Police have a Yuma man in custody who they say is a suspect in both the November homicide of a Yuma physician and the 2005 La Mesa murders, in which a family of six was killed, including four young children.

"The main point of releasing this information is that we are listing him as a suspect in both of these crimes and soliciting any additional information regarding any of these homicides," said YPD spokesman Clint Norred.

According to a Yuma Police Department news release issued late Wednesday night, as part of its investigation into the Nov. 1, 2007, murder of Dr. Satinder Gill, 41-year-old Preston Alton Strong emerged as a person of interest.

Strong, who is currently in custody in the Yuma County Adult Detention Center on unrelated charges, was also one of over 200 possible suspects that emerged over the course of the investigation into the La Mesa murders.

Gill was murdered in his residence at 4596 W. La Quinta Loop. Officers, who responded to the scene as part of a welfare check, entered the residence and found that the home was filled with natural gas.

The Yuma Fire Department was called for the gas leak and ultimately extinguished candles and vented the gas out of the house. As the Yuma Fire Department was checking the house, Gill’s body was located inside the home.

The investigation into the death determined that Gill had been asphyxiated inside his home and that a large sum of cash had been stolen. Investigators also believe that Gill was forced to make several phone calls to different individuals during the time the event was occurring.

During its investigation YPD detectives confirmed that Strong was in possession of a large sum of money immediately following Gill's death. Strong is also currently the subject of several fraud cases in the Yuma area.

Detectives were able to track Strong’s movements immediately before and after Gill's death, but his whereabouts during the death are unknown at this time.

Search warrants were executed on Preston Strong’s house, vehicle and his person in search of any evidence linking him to this crime. Multiple items of evidence were seized, including potential latent fingerprints, DNA and fibers.

There is also potential physical evidence linking Strong to the La Mesa crime scenes but YPD is still waiting for lab results, according to the release.

There are also multiple phone calls between Strong and Luis Rios’ phone during the time the La Mesa murders were occurring. Also Strong was very good friends with Luis Rios, who was murdered on June 24, 2005, along with Adrianne Heredia, Enrique Bedoya 13, Andreas Crawford, 12, Inez Newman, 9, and Danny Heredia, 6, the release stated.

Strong was recently sentenced to three years in prison for theft and was taken into custody the morning of Nov. 2. Gill's death occurred the night before Strong was arrested.

According to the release, detectives believe that there were significant money issues between Strong and Rios at the time of the murders. Strong’s whereabouts during the time of the La Mesa murders is also still in question.

There are common links to the La Mesa murders and the Gill murder, according to the press release. Both cases involved money and the victims in both cases were forced to make phone calls that were out of the ordinary for them and were murdered by asphyxiation.

Another link is that Strong's whereabouts at the time of both murders is still unknown, as well as how he came into such a large sum of money.

The Yuma Police Department will be holding a news conference in reference to these cases later today at 2:00 p.m., at the Yuma Police Department, 1500 S. 1st Ave.

JKATHERINE
11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow! That's great that they've named a suspect. Hopefully he is the one who really did it and they can get him for it.

Here's the pic for any who want to see it. It may disappear from the front page of that news website at some point...

http://www.yumasun.com/pictures/1196314692-prestonstrongmurder.jpg

gmyers
11-29-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm glad they found who did it for you and your family.

Shann
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
That's great, I hope this is the one who did it and he goes away for a long long time, I'm sure it will be nice to have some closure. :hug

flute
11-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I hope this brings answers to you & yours ((hugs))

Chelle66
11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you

Army-Mom
11-29-2007, 07:43 PM
I am sorry for your loss..my prayers are with you..

ang in NC
11-29-2007, 09:05 PM
he looks mean

Shancopp
11-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Dear God, those poor babies. Breaks my heart.

hugs to your family.

pfeli
02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
So the cops found a black man to pin this on. Do you believe everything you read? I'm so sorry about those kids, but if the cops had anything on Strong, he'd be indicted on murder charges - not some fraud b.s.

YankeeMary
02-08-2008, 01:30 PM
So the cops found a black man to pin this on. Do you believe everything you read? I'm so sorry about those kids, but if the cops had anything on Strong, he'd be indicted on murder charges - not some fraud b.s.

What did you register here just to look for this post and then say crap about it? It doesn't matter if he is black or white. If he did, I hope they lock him away for life. Better yet let the family deal with him.

earnhardt1
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM
must be a "friend" of the accused

YankeeMary
02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
must be a "friend" of the accused

I can't imagine claiming or pretending to be a friend of someone like him.

loris520
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM

No offense but you sound like a real Ass...

Suzziq03 I am glad your family finally has some closure. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

YankeeMary
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
He sounds like a real winner anyways...
Strong, who is currently in custody in the Yuma County Adult Detention Center on unrelated charges...hmmm, says alot about his character.
A true pilar of society...
*During its investigation YPD detectives confirmed that Strong was in possession of a large sum of money immediately following Gill's death. Strong is also currently the subject of several fraud cases in the Yuma area.
Strong was recently sentenced to three years in prison for theft...

Let me guess...he was working when the murders occurred...lol. He is a habitual criminal and they need to lock him up and throw away the key.

shellysms
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
i'm so sorry for you and your family. So sad that people go out and kill people for no reason. :(

earnhardt1
02-08-2008, 02:03 PM
i just cant beleive someone comes in here and defends someone like him

JustDoIt
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Finally some closure for your family. Thoughts and prayers in memory of the victims. And hugs to you for the living nightmare you've been through.

LuvBigRip
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM

:troll :dontfeed

I hope that this evidence is substantiated, and you may find peace.

suzziq03
02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but really pfeli unless you have some usefull information to contribute to catch whomever you think truely did murder my family then I suggest you keep your big mouth shut, obviously you know nothing about this or the pain of loosing family especially ones so young. would appreciate it if you would shed some light on this subject at hand if you truely had something usefull to say...oh and by the way, I would like to ask something, if this guy has done such horrible things before why is it 'racist' to think he is capable of doing it again?
I am far from racist along with everyone else in my family, do onto others my freebie friend, do onto others.

ahippiechic
02-08-2008, 05:53 PM

She posted that they arrested a 'suspect'...and they did. No one said he was guilty.

I'm guessing you saw it on the news also, I did.

CLARKS4
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
So sorry for your loss. I hope that you can now have some closure. I cant imagine having to deal with that it would be hard.

queenangie
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Am very sorry for you and your family on the loss of these 6 loved ones.

((((Hugs))))
We're here to support you!

Airbuswife
02-08-2008, 10:31 PM
i LOVE Sylvia Browne!! I really hope she gave your aunt dora info to nab this creep!

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

MistyWolf
02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
What did you register here just to look for this post and then say crap about it? It doesn't matter if he is black or white. If he did, I hope they lock him away for life. Better yet let the family deal with him.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

First off, I am sincerly sorry for the loss of your loved ones .. that is so horrible!

And I am glad that they have a suspect .. We have family in Yuma (my oldest was born at YRMC) and it's comforting knowing that this person is off the streets.