PDA

View Full Version : grrr.... comcast rates went up AGAIN!

dv8grl
11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Cable service went up $2.50 & the DVR went up $2 + of corse the 18 different taxes., all in all, it went up alittle over $5 this month.

I've really gotta look into getting THE DISH again, and hope that DSL has finally gotten here, DSL was not available 2 yrs ago when we moved in, hopefully it is now. Because there is no way in hell I can go back to dial-up.

UGH ~ I HATE COMCAST + the fact that they charge for the NFL network, so I can't watch the fricken game of the year tomarrow.... ME HATES THEM! :getyou

Shann
11-28-2007, 07:22 PM
wow comcast sounds like a really crappy company. I've seen many complain about it. It sucks that we only get one choice for cable, I wish there was more choices so it wasn't such a monopoly. :( Same with all utilities, I want choices, not take it or leave it.

lassss
11-29-2007, 06:49 AM
I called comcast last month and told them I wanted to cancel because their prices are so high...the guy asked me to hold and got me a better price for 6 months. It went from 160/month to 96. Try calling them and tell them you are thinking about canceling service because of prices, maybe you will get a deal too

dv8grl
11-29-2007, 07:54 AM
DH called them & said our best bet would be to ditch VONAGE & get the BUNDLE pack thru them.
I'm gonna call ATT today & see if DSL is available here, if it is, then comcast can SUCK IT!

tigger4
11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
We pay $256 a month for cable, internet, and the telephone service. We have all the cable channels though. But, to me that is still ridiculous. And ours just went up too.

dv8grl
11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Ughh... Of corse NO DSL yet. Its not like we're in the country, we live less than 20 miles from Downtown Nashville. DH is calling back to see if DSL is available in the neighborhood behind us (McMansions worth 3 times more than the houses in our neighborhood).

I really wanted to get rid of COMCAST, but it looks like we won't beable to., with-out DSL, we'd still have to have them for the internet & it just wouldn't make sense financially to do that., since The Dish alone is $80 a month & the Comcast internet alone is $70 amonth., which is about the same as what we're paying now., we'd have no real savings, just the satisfaction of getting rid of COMCAST.

dv8grl
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
So, No DSL this side of Nashville. I can't understand that, Tennessee is so fricken WEIRD!
DH called COMCAST & they said call the Cancellation Dept., he did & the woman immediately started to yell at him telling him we were going to get cancelled anyway, and he says you have to be looking at a different acct. , she paused for a minute & apologized, she was looking at someone elses acct. , So she was sweet as pie after that. She's gonna have the Phone guys come & set up the phone (no installation charge), and we'll only pay something like $139 + tax for 2 boxes (1 being the DVR) no super premiums, internet & phone.

So now I'll just have to cancel Vonage, which I heard can be a pain in the arse.
Maybe one day Nashville will become a real city & we can have fancy things like in them there big cities, like DSL. :sheep:

Shancopp
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
We have comcast and our bill for basic cable, (no pay channels or dvr) and internet is 97 a month. It was 96 last month, so up a buck.

cathych
12-01-2007, 01:50 PM
wowow, $97 for internet service??????? I use at&t, got their bundle special with direct tv. My internet service is $35, & that is for the super fast high speed. My dish is $39 a month & we get 42 channells. There are pros & cons for each, when you have cable, & when the power goes out, when the power comes back on you usually have to wait until the cable company comes back out if there have been a storm or anything. With a dish, of course you don't get tv during a storm.

lizmolik
12-01-2007, 01:52 PM
I dont know if anyone has Mediacom, but every month, my bill seems to get bigger and bigger...it is supposed to be $29.95 a piece for internet, phone, and cable (including one digital box), and my bill has ended up somewhere around $125 a month, when it used to be about $110...They keep adding on taxes and more crap! Urrr! It makes me so mad!

Shancopp
12-01-2007, 02:15 PM
97 is tv and the net.

SLance68
12-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Mine with digital service through Bright House is $ 58.00 (250 channels) and dsl from AT&T is 24.95.

SLance68
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM
double post.

earnhardt1
12-03-2007, 09:27 AM
omg my freakin bill just came in and last month i changed alot of stuff to save money like dropped toook my dvr's in for regular boxes and then they put me on $5 hbo,show,and starz and was told my pastdue amt was 80 which i paid last week.... my freakin bill came today was 413.00 and they said i have a past due of 200.00 i am sooo mad and upset i have been crying for the last hour..... hubby is blaming me and yellin at me about it.....sorry i am rambling.

lassss
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
That's what we pay. We have digital cable (no premium channels), 3 boxes, 1 hd/drv box and internet

We have comcast and our bill for basic cable, (no pay channels or dvr) and internet is 97 a month. It was 96 last month, so up a buck.

tigger4
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I have thought about switching over to Dish Network, but they don't offer On Demand, which my husband likes. They also run a credit check which I can't pass so they will want a $200 deposit. It would save us $100 a month, so it really isn't worth it.

Our introductory plan goes off next month, so our bill will go up to $279 a month for the cable, internet, and phone (that is with taxes).

Shancopp
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
That's what we pay. We have digital cable (no premium channels), 3 boxes, 1 hd/drv box and internet

we don't even have digital cable. We do have 2 boxes but don't get charged for them since we don't use it as digital yet (we will have to by 2009....all cable is going digital)

We don't have dvr or tivo or anything.

buglebe
12-06-2007, 08:19 AM
wowow, $97 for internet service??????? I use at&t, got their bundle special with direct tv. My internet service is $35, & that is for the super fast high speed. My dish is $39 a month & we get 42 channells. There are pros & cons for each, when you have cable, & when the power goes out, when the power comes back on you usually have to wait until the cable company comes back out if there have been a storm or anything. With a dish, of course you don't get tv during a storm.

I have the phone service and DSL through AT&T, and was thinking about bundling the TV on that with Direct TV but not if you don't have tv during a storm. What is that about? It would save us money. We do have comcast also.

VenusA423
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
I feel your pain, I have Comcast, too. Guess I better check out the bill I got yesterday.

Shancopp
12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I feel your pain, I have Comcast, too. Guess I better check out the bill I got yesterday.

Well, what's the damage?

VenusA423
12-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, what's the damage?

Uh, well, now I know why we were so broke last month.. I accidently paid the bill twice.. LOL! Guess I need to go start my own vent and whine on companies not updating their site more often. Oops! On the bright side, I don't have to pay this month.

Our prices will be going up starting Jan. 1st. Looks like the phone & internet are staying the same, but they're getting us with the digital cable & DVR.