PDA

View Full Version : Food Network canceling `Emeril Live'

dv8grl
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_en_tv/people_emeril_lagasse

NEW YORK - Food Network is kicking Emeril Lagasse down a notch

The celebrity chef's "Emeril Live," which has been on the air for 10 years, will cease production Dec. 11, Food Network publicist Carrie Welch told The Associated Press.

"However, Emeril is under contract with Food Network," Welch said Tuesday. "We love him, we support him and look forward to a long partnership with him."

Welch wouldn't comment on Lagasse's contract.

Asked why the show was canceled, she told the AP: "The only reason would be that it hit a ton of television milestones and, you know, all good things come to an end."

The Food Network will continue producing Lagasse's "The Essence of Emeril," and he will take part in "specials and other development opportunities in the future," Welch said.

The network will also air reruns of "Emeril Live."

"I am deeply appreciative to all the unbelievable staff — many who have been with the show since the beginning — and all the loyal viewers, and the many talented guests who have appeared on the show through the years," Lagasse, 48, said in a statement provided by Welch.

"I look forward to continuing my association with the Food Network with `The Essence of Emeril,' and I have lots of new ideas cooking," he said.

I'm sooo not a fan of Emeril. I wonder what they'll put in that coveted primetime time slot.

Shann
11-27-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm not an Emeril fan either, so this really doesn't effect me. I was a little worried at first since I couldn't see the whole title, I'm seriously addicted to Food network, watching it now :D But I do understand, I mean in 10 years what else could you make that you haven't all ready covered?

On a side note, I'm curious as to why they don't have a show for vegetarians/vegans? Not that I am, but I don't eat a lot of meat and the things some of these chefs make/eat is just nasty :lol

socks1211
12-01-2007, 07:29 AM
i for one love emril and wish him the best in all his ventures i do watch essence of emril once in a wile but not too often anymore

cathych
12-01-2007, 01:53 PM
from the looks of him, he has taken the saying "pork fat rules" too seriously.

flute
12-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't have cable but I do like Emeril!

Here's an idea maybe he'll come to fox 2 like rachael ray ? :) Woohoo i can hope :)