PDA

View Full Version : !CHECK YOUR FIRE DETECTORS! My neighbors son was pinned and burned alive last night.

Kyla Kym
11-26-2007, 12:02 AM
My son called me early this morning and was real upset. Our neighbor that lives down the road house burned down to the ground last night. It was just the man and his 17 yr old son that lived there.

My son was good friends with the dad. They work together. The son died in the fire, and the dad is in ICU.

The part that is just eating me alive is what happened. The dad got out and started looking for the son. He seen him through a window. The son was pinned under a beam and screaming. The fire had already engulfed the house so badly that they couldn't save the son. The dad was breaking out windows and trying to tear down the walls with his bare hands. They had to tranquilize the dad to keep him from running back into the fire.

Sorry to tell y'all about this. It's just eating me up right now thinking about it and I just wanted to be sure you all have your fire detectors in good working order. I want to be sure and refresh everyone's memory to check them today.
Even though I only meet these people twice, I still liked them. And felt like I knew them because my son thinks so highly of the dad. The dad is the one that got my son his first real job. He gave him a bunch of levi shirts this past year, so I know my son thinks allot of him too.

My son is going to see him tomorrow at the ICU. I tried to talk my son out of it. I told my son that he probably won't be acting at all normal. That people who lose a child, are different than if you lost some other loved one. Losing a child will make you lose your mind. God only knows what this man will be like after what he has just had to endure. I just feel like my whole insides have been shaking all day just thinking about it.

Sorry my title was so blunt, but I wanted to be sure you knew what I was typing about before you entered....Please don't forget to check your fire alarms.

nightrider127
11-26-2007, 12:09 AM
My son called me early this morning and was real upset. Our neighbor that lives down the road house burned down to the ground last night. It was just the man and his 17 yr old son that lived there.

My son was good friends with the dad. They work together. The son died in the fire, and the dad is in ICU.

The part that is just eating me alive is what happened. The dad got out and started looking for the son. He seen him through a window. The son was pinned under a beam and screaming. The fire had already engulfed the house so badly that they couldn't save the son. The dad was breaking out windows and trying to tear down the walls with his bare hands. They had to tranquilize the dad to keep him from running back into the fire.

Sorry to tell y'all about this. It's just eating me up right now thinking about it and I just wanted to be sure you all have your fire detectors in good working order. I want to be sure and refresh everyone's memory to check them today.
Even though I only meet these people twice, I still liked them. And felt like I knew them because my son thinks so highly of the dad. The dad is the one that got my son his first real job. He gave him a bunch of levi shirts this past year, so I know my son thinks allot of him too.

My son is going to see him tomorrow at the ICU. I tried to talk my son out of it. I told my son that he probably won't be acting at all normal. That people who lose a child, are different than if you lost some other loved one. Losing a child will make you lose your mind. God only knows what this man will be like after what he has just had to endure. I just feel like my whole insides have been shaking all day just thinking about it.

Sorry my title was so blunt, but I wanted to be sure you knew what I was typing about before you entered....Please don't forget to check your fire alarms.

So sad. We had a similar thing to happen in West Chester, Oh over the weekend. Three kids, dead, their Mom air lifted to University Hospital in the ICU. Carless smoking + non working smoke detectors = tragedy.

Pleae everyone, don't let something like this happen to you. Check out your smoke detectors.

Shann
11-26-2007, 02:03 AM
How sad :( Unfortunately this is all too often familiar - people dying in a house fire and their smoke detectors not working. I guess I don't get it, b/c when our batteries go low they beep and beep until we replace them, so do people just not think about that and set them aside thinking they'll replace the batteries later and never get around to it? We always have extras and try to change them w/ day light savings time. It would kill me if something like that happened to anyone in my family due to my laziness.. :(

I hope your neighbor makes a speedy recovery, my heart definitely goes out to him.

gmyers
11-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Aw man that poor boy, and his dad seeing it. He'll probably never be the same. I hope he's alright mentally and physically.

taz69
11-26-2007, 04:43 AM
My prayers go out to him. That is so sad.

buttrfli
11-26-2007, 05:36 AM
how horrible :(

Will be checking my smoke detector today.

dv8grl
11-26-2007, 06:45 AM
How Tragic!

Our Smoke Detector woke us up @ 5am a few weeks back, it was pretty scary, running around the house trying to figure out if there was a fire (the heat had just been turned on after being off for the yr, so the dust started to burn & set off the alarm). Thankfully our smoke detectors, we have 3, are super sensitive.

cuddlebugg
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
That is very tragic, sorry to hear it was some one so close to your son.

YankeeMary
11-26-2007, 08:04 AM
How horrible. As I sit here crying, I am just so thankful that my family is safe. I have a 17 year old son and I can't imagine. I will add this poor dad to my prayer list. I am sorry for your sons loss as well. And btw, all new batteries in our detectors. HUGS!!!

Trishntx
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I lost 3 members of my family in a house fire that had NO smoke detectors. If they would have had them, they would all be alive today. It happens all too often and there is no excuse not to have the detectors....the fire department will give them to you for free is you ask them.

PrincessArky
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
OMG that is terrible :( I can't even imagine what the dad is going through :( I had a friend from school that burned alive in a car years ago and still to this day thinking of what he went through just breaks my heart

pepperpot
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
So tragic, so sad.:(

Tasha405
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
OMG how horrible!! :( My heart goes out to that family and all of their friends.

Hugs for you and your son Kyla! :hug :hug

rlynn411
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
At our house we replace smoke detector batteries twice a year and we do it when the time changes.

chyna123
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I will keep your family and theirs in my prayers tonight... I sure hate to hear that...

cSoReNSoN
11-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Our smoke detectors are wired through the electrical wiring with a battery backup. We also have ADT and its fire service. Thankfully, the smoke detectors are quite sensitive, so I have to be careful cooking anything that might produce a little bit of smoke as the kitchen doesn't have much ventilation. Just a tiny bit of smoke will set the ADT smoke alarms off. With the setup through the wiring every bedroom has one smoke detector inside it as well as outside it in the hallway. The kitchen, livingroom, laundryroom, familyroom, bathroom and hallways (upstairs and downstairs) have smoke detectors. The ADT smoke detector is also through the wiring with a battery backup. ADT will alert our local fire department, which is a block away if no one answers their call to our cellphones alerting us of a suspected fire. The fire department will knock down the door, if a fire were to occur with no one home or answering the door. I know the response time is quick as I didn't answer my cellphone in time and the fire department showed up over a well done (as requested) steak for my dad. Rather embarrassing, so I am now extremely careful when cooking anything that may cause the kitchen to become smoky. It's a nice setup though.

Army-Mom
11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
That is so sad. He will be in my prayers for healing and for his loss.

DonnaWV
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
How sad, I can not imagaine how the Dad will ever deal with what he has went thru. I will keep them and you in my prayers

Kyla Kym
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Our smoke detectors are wired through the electrical wiring with a battery backup. We also have ADT and its fire service. Thankfully, the smoke detectors are quite sensitive, so I have to be careful cooking anything that might produce a little bit of smoke as the kitchen doesn't have much ventilation. Just a tiny bit of smoke will set the ADT smoke alarms off. With the setup through the wiring every bedroom has one smoke detector inside it as well as outside it in the hallway. The kitchen, livingroom, laundryroom, familyroom, bathroom and hallways (upstairs and downstairs) have smoke detectors. The ADT smoke detector is also through the wiring with a battery backup. ADT will alert our local fire department, which is a block away if no one answers their call to our cellphones alerting us of a suspected fire. The fire department will knock down the door, if a fire were to occur with no one home or answering the door. I know the response time is quick as I didn't answer my cellphone in time and the fire department showed up over a well done (as requested) steak for my dad. Rather embarrassing, so I am now extremely careful when cooking anything that may cause the kitchen to become smoky. It's a nice setup though.

I sure wish we had stuff like that around here. I hung some new fire, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors up yesterday. I just don't fee at all safe now.

Another terrible thing about this tragedy is that the Volunteer fire dept was right across the street from this house that burned. It's a really big and nice fire dept. for such a tiny town. (POP.87 people) It's so sad to think the fire dept was within shouting distance, but no one lived close enough to see the house on fire I don't guess.

Thanks everyone for the prayers you are sending their way. I heard yesterday that the man is so messed up that he is blaming himself for murdering his own son. They are part of the super religious free will holiness community. So I'm thinking he is going to have allot of spiritual guidance on this. This poor man is going to need allot of prayers.

Thanks everyone for listening, and for checking your detectors. I guess we never can be to safe.

Kyla Kym
11-27-2007, 03:39 PM
OMG that is terrible :( I can't even imagine what the dad is going through :( I had a friend from school that burned alive in a car years ago and still to this day thinking of what he went through just breaks my heart

It wasn't that Deer boy was it?

PrincessArky, if you see this in your local paper tom'r. Would you please send me the article. You know how small towns are around here. And lots of rumors get started. I want to see what they say about it in the papers. I think they come out on Wednesday.

PrincessArky
11-28-2007, 06:34 AM
It wasn't that Deer boy was it?

PrincessArky, if you see this in your local paper tom'r. Would you please send me the article. You know how small towns are around here. And lots of rumors get started. I want to see what they say about it in the papers. I think they come out on Wednesday.

yep it was Ronnie :(

hey I found this at www.kdqn.net as far as our paper goes they so changed it up we only get it once a week but now they have another one competing against them lol coming out once a day but I missed it since I don't leave the house much

AUTOPSY REQUESTED FOR TEENAGER FOUND DEAD IN A FIRE 11/27/07
The cause of a fire where a 16-year-old male died early Sunday morning is being investigated by the Arkansas State Police.

The 16 year old identified as Christopher Alan Moran Jr. was pronounced dead at the scene. The house is located at 5765 Arkansas Highway 84 near Langley which about 20 miles north of Murfreesboro. The fire was reported at 2:20 a.m. Sunday.

The father of the 16-year-old, Christopher Alan Moran Sr. was burned in the fire and transported by ambulance to the St. Joseph Mercy Health Center in Hot Springs. He was listed in good condition Monday afternoon.

Pike County Chief Deputy Preston Glenn said the cause of the fire is unknown and the investigation has been turned over to Special Agent Lynn Benedict of the Arkansas State Police.

The body of the 16-year-old has been sent to the Arkansas Crime Lab in Little Rock for an autopsy

Kyla Kym
11-28-2007, 11:16 PM
yep it was Ronnie :(

hey I found this at www.kdqn.net as far as our paper goes they so changed it up we only get it once a week but now they have another one competing against them lol coming out once a day but I missed it since I don't leave the house much

AUTOPSY REQUESTED FOR TEENAGER FOUND DEAD IN A FIRE 11/27/07
The cause of a fire where a 16-year-old male died early Sunday morning is being investigated by the Arkansas State Police.

The 16 year old identified as Christopher Alan Moran Jr. was pronounced dead at the scene. The house is located at 5765 Arkansas Highway 84 near Langley which about 20 miles north of Murfreesboro. The fire was reported at 2:20 a.m. Sunday.

The father of the 16-year-old, Christopher Alan Moran Sr. was burned in the fire and transported by ambulance to the St. Joseph Mercy Health Center in Hot Springs. He was listed in good condition Monday afternoon.

Pike County Chief Deputy Preston Glenn said the cause of the fire is unknown and the investigation has been turned over to Special Agent Lynn Benedict of the Arkansas State Police.

The body of the 16-year-old has been sent to the Arkansas Crime Lab in Little Rock for an autopsy

I just now seen your reply. I'm not getting all my notifications for some weird reason.

Thank you so much for finding that article for me. He was younger than I heard. If you happen across anything else, please let me know.

I had a funny feeling you was talking about Ronnie Deer. I couldn't remember what his first name was. I grew up around them. They are my first cousins, first cousins. Did you know that he had lost brothers and sisters tragicly killed before he died? I knew his oldest sister really well. Her name was Suzy Deer, or Pam Deer. She went by both names. Bill Clinton's mother is the one that killed her. When Bill Clinton became president, that incident was reinvestigated. I was home alone one night, and opened up the Arkansas Gazette and there was a huge photo of Suzy like 15 years after she had died. It sent chills all over me. Anyway there was allot of kids in that family. Another one I know got ran over in Dierks by a 18 wheeler. He ran out in the traffic right in front of that 18 wheeler. There are more that died in that family, but I won't go into the rest of them.

PrincessArky
11-29-2007, 06:13 AM
I just now seen your reply. I'm not getting all my notifications for some weird reason.

Thank you so much for finding that article for me. He was younger than I heard. If you happen across anything else, please let me know.

I had a funny feeling you was talking about Ronnie Deer. I couldn't remember what his first name was. I grew up around them. They are my first cousins, first cousins. Did you know that he had lost brothers and sisters tragicly killed before he died? I knew his oldest sister really well. Her name was Suzy Deer, or Pam Deer. She went by both names. Bill Clinton's mother is the one that killed her. When Bill Clinton became president, that incident was reinvestigated. I was home alone one night, and opened up the Arkansas Gazette and there was a huge photo of Suzy like 15 years after she had died. It sent chills all over me. Anyway there was allot of kids in that family. Another one I know got ran over in Dierks by a 18 wheeler. He ran out in the traffic right in front of that 18 wheeler. There are more that died in that family, but I won't go into the rest of them.

yep I know....there were alot of kids in their family too......I was just telling steve last night that I can remember one of them must live between Lockesburg and Nashville I can remember taking a car full of kids to see Christmas lights and we went over there 2 beautiful homes all lit up. Well they had a huge sort of like Christmas card and it had the names of the members they had lost.........dob and date of death and it was so sad to see so much loss of your lives. You know after all these years I can still close my eyes and see Ronnie's silly little smile he was such a sweet boy

tnfuhs
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
I remember a few years back, there was some site on internet where you could get free smoke detectors, and I received 6. Although I know they are still sitting in a box at my ex husbands house, which I know is not right, but If I find it, I will post it.

PrincessArky
11-30-2007, 01:32 PM
I remember a few years back, there was some site on internet where you could get free smoke detectors, and I received 6. Although I know they are still sitting in a box at my ex husbands house, which I know is not right, but If I find it, I will post it.

I remember that one.........I signed up but they had already run out of them