PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed for My Family

JosephsMom2000
11-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Please pray for my family and myself. We found out approximately a month ago that we are infested with bed bugs! We have tried just about everything to get rid of them and are still battling them. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. I am almost terrified to go to bed at night. They are in my sofa and my son's bed the worst. Seen a few in bath and kitchen areas. God Bless You!

Rev. CJ L. in KY

Army-Mom
11-25-2007, 04:05 AM
my prayers are with you..

BeanieLuvR
11-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I will pray that you can get rid of them. Hopefully someone that has had them and got rid of them will read this and be able to help you. I would be afraid to go to bed too.

gmyers
11-26-2007, 07:11 AM
I saw on one of those shows like dateline that vacuuming your bed helps. But I think they said the best way to get rid of them was an exterminator. I hope ya'll get rid of them. Maybe if you call an exterminator they can give you tips on how to get rid of them.

MistyWolf
11-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Vacuuming your bed is the best way to prevent bedbugs .. routine vacuuming .. I would call an exterminator.

Pay special attention to the creases in your mattress .. like where the mattress is sewn together.

Hopefully you get rid of them.

laree2u
11-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I am so sorry you are having a tough time. My parents told me one time that they had bought a mattress and it had gotten damp, causing bed bugs. I remember them telling me they laid the mattress out side in the sun and put a small amount of kerosene on a rag and rubbed the mattress. Make sure you get around the lip on the mattress.

karefree
11-27-2007, 09:27 AM
My aunt told me years ago that they put each leg of the bed in a small cup filled with kerosene. I don't guess the bedbugs like it. Problem is I think it has a pretty strong smell so I don't think people like it either and it is very flamable.

JosephsMom2000
03-15-2008, 11:35 PM
We have almost completely eliminated the problem!

We had to get rid of the couch and all the beds in the house along with a couple of chairs. We found a place to get a new bed from (in payments) and our landlord brought a new couch after we had the exterminators here FOUR times!

We also sprayed RID furniture spray on carpeting and have been vacuuming once a month. Thanks for all your help and prayers! God is great!

:thankyou

Rev CJ

myspirit
03-16-2008, 03:49 AM
oh my, so sorry. I couldn't imagine, yuck!

waterfalls
03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
We have almost completely eliminated the problem!

We had to get rid of the couch and all the beds in the house along with a couple of chairs. We found a place to get a new bed from (in payments) and our landlord brought a new couch after we had the exterminators here FOUR times!

We also sprayed RID furniture spray on carpeting and have been vacuuming once a month. Thanks for all your help and prayers! God is great!

:thankyou

Rev CJ
That is good to hear!