PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Please

kytten1
11-24-2007, 04:50 PM
SOUTH DAYTONA - At first glance, Brendon Ednie doesn't look like someone who's made medical history.

The 11-year-old, although small and relatively quiet for his age, looks like the typical pre-teen who loves video games and action movies.

But then Brendon pulls up his shirt to show the scars criss-crossing his tiny chest and the small medical port that sends medicine coursing throughout his body.

The South Daytona youngster suffers from a rare genetic disorder called Alagille Syndrome that caused his heart, liver and lungs to fail.

In 1998, then 2-year-old Brendon became the first child in the United States to undergo a multiple transplant where the patient received a heart, a liver and two lungs.

After such an unprecedented surgery, doctors at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh - where the operation was performed - told Mr. Ednie that it'd be difficult to say how long Brendon would survive.

Nine years later, Brendon is still going strong. He has his good and bad days, his father says, but the family decided long ago to take things one day at a time.Risk of infection is a constant worry and it's not uncommon for Brendon to be hospitalized at least once a year,

I don't ususally ask for things but I really could use your prayers righ now but for my son----It started Friday he has had fevers as high as 103.5 i am giving him Tylenol every4-6 hrs and the fevers go down but they come right back,now we may have to take him to the ER tonight I am jst hoping the Tylenol kicks in fast enough so we dont have to--Thank everyone in advance for their prayers and Support.

magickay
11-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Prayers being offered -- and don't wait too late for treatment!

BeanieLuvR
11-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Brendon is in my thoughts and prayers as are you. He has certainly been through a lot.

kytten1
11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Jst wanted to say thank you for all the Prayers and Support.Went to doctors today to find out he had an ear infection I am thanking GOD that it wasent anything more than that.Brendon is feeling much better today.

Army-Mom
11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
prayers being said