PDA

View Full Version : prosthetic hell

lalizz52
11-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I have been lurking and not signing on; however, I dislocated my prosthetic hip on Thanksgiving morning for the 7th time. I am 55 and had a severe car accident when I was 17. cut to the chase: I drink too much, but have just found a doctor who will give me non-noncartic pain medication. I am hopeful and am trying to not drink to kill the pain - as it just makes me fall. Any helpful comments from you wonderful people?

tngirl
11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Have you considered rehab for your drinking problem?

karefree
11-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that you are living with pain. A dear friend of mine suffers from such pain as well and it is difficult to deal with. I am glad that you have found a doctor who you believe will be able to help you and wish you well with your issue with alcohol. If you believe in the power of prayer just know that I am sending one up for you. Good luck in your efforts and keep trying to find the method for living with the pain from your accident without causing yourself more.

Post often. There are caring people on this site.

lazydaisy
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Sorry no advice, just best wishes. Pain sucks!!!

BeanieLuvR
11-24-2007, 11:19 AM
(((lalizz52)))

dv8grl
11-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I feel for you, I really do.

My sister fell out a 2 story building yrs back (she's lucky to be alive).. and she's been on methadone ever since, she'll never be able to get off it.

I hate to sound like a hippie (no offense Hippe & Patchouli LMAO!) but have you tried alternative medicines, acupuncture, etc...

cathych
11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
try everything you can, really. Drinking does not solve the problem at all, I know, I used to drink, & finally licked that problem, but I know from experience that it helps when nothing else does. Have you tried a hypnotherapist?? Also, a kinesologist can work wonders; they work on your nerve pathways.

ang in NC
11-24-2007, 07:26 PM
sorry

hunny
11-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Please Please stop drinking, try anything you can, rehab, they even have medication you can take that will make you sick if you drink.
My mom died in 2002 (she was 48) from chriossis of the liver. The drinking is just going to make the pain worse in other ways. Please get yourself the help you need.
I hope you feel better soon. keep us updated!!

buglebe
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM
If you have dislocated your hip 7 times, I would think you NEED a narcotic pain reliever. Why can't you find a dr to give you a narcotic pain reliever. And yes methodone is one of those and a very good one too.

tngirl
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
If you have dislocated your hip 7 times, I would think you NEED a narcotic pain reliever. Why can't you find a dr to give you a narcotic pain reliever. And yes methodone is one of those and a very good one too.

It isn't the fact they won't give her a narcotic, it is the fact that she is an alcoholic that she needs non-narcotic pain killers. If you are drinking Tylenol can be toxic to your liver. Her drinking seems also to be the reason that she continues to dislocate her hip.

Bliss
11-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I have been lurking and not signing on; however, I dislocated my prosthetic hip on Thanksgiving morning for the 7th time. I am 55 and had a severe car accident when I was 17. cut to the chase: I drink too much, but have just found a doctor who will give me non-noncartic pain medication. I am hopeful and am trying to not drink to kill the pain - as it just makes me fall. Any helpful comments from you wonderful people?

I'm sure you are smart enough to realize your drinking is doing nothing more than causing more problems for you. You are the only person who can change it.

I hope you feel better.

PrincessArky
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you are able to turn things around for yourself

pepperpot
11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you are able to turn things around for yourself

:agree ((hugs))