PDA

View Full Version : I'm such a bad mommie, lol!

ahippiechic
11-23-2007, 08:32 AM
My DD keeps seeing commercials for Toy R Us and she keeps asking to go and I tell her it's too far away. In reality, it's 5 blocks down the street! Almost every time she's been there, we've been a lot of other places 1st, changing buses etc. I'm gonna be in trouble when she realizes where it's at! :slap

JustDoIt
11-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Heehee, and here I thought I was the only one!

Everytime I drive by Toys with my son in the car, he wants to go in. I always tell him there are too many people in the store, even if there are only 3 cars in the lot. Hahahaha! Thanks for the laugh!

Tasha405
11-23-2007, 08:44 AM
LOL! I tell my kids that our Walmart is closed all the time. Its a Super Walmart and actually only closes I think once a year... on Christmas day. :lol When they figure this out I'm gonna be in trouble too. lol

MistyWolf
11-23-2007, 08:47 AM
LOL .. that is too funny .. I am going to have to remember that one. I just say no .. me and Nancy ;) .. lmao.

ahippiechic
11-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I use to just tell her no, but then felt bad, because I HATE to go there and was always telling her no. One of her grnadmothers is sending her a GC for there for Xmas, so I guess i'll have to take her soon!

Shann
11-23-2007, 08:51 AM
this is NOT the day to go there. I went to a store right next to there and holy cow! I've never seen so many cop cars out there to help with crowd control (I believe there were at least 5!!!) That's crazy, no other store have I ever been to where there was even one cop, but parents go crazy when it comes to toys for their kids :lol

ahippiechic
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Maybe I'll wait till after Xmas to let her spend her GC!

MistyWolf
11-23-2007, 09:00 AM
My oldest wanted these $10 MP3 players from Toys and I told her there is no way I am going to Toys today .. lol .. she doesn't know her uncle got her an MP3 player for xmas .. lol.

They really don't ask all that much though. Last year DH and I took them to Build-A-Bear on Black Friday for their birthdays .. they conned Bill into taking them to Toys and I asked him if he was crazy! .. He hasn't a clue what it's like today. BAB wasn't nearly as bad .. lol.

ahippiechic
11-23-2007, 09:02 AM
It isn't even that she asks for much, but she would stay in there FOREVER and still not decide what she wants. Maybe I can get her dad to take her, lol!

Kyla Kym
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Maybe I'll wait till after Xmas to let her spend her GC!

That's what I would do. Put it in a Christmas card, with a bow on it under the tree. Let her open it Christmas day, Then she can use in after Christmas on the clearance items. She can get more bang for the buck that way. :D

Mom2Shaun
11-23-2007, 02:11 PM
What cute stories - the things parents tell their kids just to survive!

I had a friend whose mother used to tell the kids that it was time to go home from the beach because "they're going to pull the plug now," as if it were some giant bathtub! LOL!

Kyla Kym
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
What cute stories - the things parents tell their kids just to survive!

I had a friend whose mother used to tell the kids that it was time to go home from the beach because "they're going to pull the plug now," as if it were some giant bathtub! LOL!

That's a good one! :rofl: