PDA

View Full Version : My dumb mail service

tigger4
11-22-2007, 07:56 AM
Our mail has been coming later and later all the time. Which is bad enough.

Now, I find out they aren't picking up the mail in the outgoing box at my mailbox.

We have a community mailbox that is locked, each person has their own key for their slot. Our whole town has these for some reason. Anyway, on most of these boxes there is a slot for outgoing mail. Once you put the mail in you cannot get it out nor do you know if the mailman picked it up.

I normally do not use this part of the box. But, my car has a blown tire and I couldn't to the post office.

I had put a birthday card for someone on here's daughter and a Christmas card for another member on here earlier this week. I found out yesterday, no one had ever picked this mail up. So, I got it back from the mailman and am taking it to the main post office where I know it will get processed.

I want to publicly apologize to the two people who are supposed to receive cards from me. I feel awful about this.

freeby4me
11-22-2007, 08:04 AM
You should make mention of this when you take the mail in. Im sure they're supposed to check it every single day.

tigger4
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I will.

I have filed 5 different complaints in the past few months. One day, my daughter found my husband's paycheck laying on the ground about a block from our house along with a bunch of other mail (not all ours). I was livid.

Of course, the Post Office said oh sorry and that was it. I filed a complaint with the Post Master General over that one.

ahippiechic
11-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I NEVER use that box for outgoing mail, because when I had to send in the cards for my unemployment each week, (last year) the mail carrier didn't pick it up and my checks were always late because they got the cards so late, even tho I put it in there in plenty of time. So I just started doing it online.

azwup05
11-23-2007, 04:33 AM
You are only complaining to a post master not the PMG.When filing a complaint, go through consumer affairs. It creates a paper trail. Your carrier should be emptying that collection box every day, and because it's a public box, they should not have handed that mail back to you. Use a blue collection box. These must be scanned every day or heads roll. Mail is getting later because the high volume season started in Oct. it will get better in Jan.

tigger4
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I don't usually use the outgoing box on our mailbox. I usually go to the post office, but since my car is down I just threw them in the mail slot.

I definitely won't be doing that anymore.

PrincessArky
11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
wow and I thought my new mail ppl were bad......used to show up about 10 or 10:30 now we are looking at anywhere from 12 to 2:30 lol

freeby4me
11-26-2007, 12:54 PM
OK update....what did the postmaster general say!

tigger4
11-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I had to leave a message and am waiting on a return call.

dor1969
11-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Sometimes I don't get my mail until 6:00 or 6:30 pm. I always send my letters, bills, etc. in that outgoing mail slot, but now I'm afraid to after reading these posts. The mail here is really screwed up. Last Tuesday all of my mail was delivered to someone else's box. I don't even get half the freebies I sign up for. They're either tossed out or delivered to someone else. And I usually end up with someone else's mail a couple times a week. One year I got a Christmas card in March that was post marked Dec. 7th. I think I'm going to get a PO box. Hopefull then I'll get all my mail. It doesn't help that the mail lady hates me. One day when I went to the mail box she was just finishing up, and I asked her how her day was. She started bitching "it's ridiculous how much mail some people get", then I opened my box in front of her and it was jam packed!! So it was me she was complaining about.

freeby4me
11-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Sometimes I don't get my mail until 6:00 or 6:30 pm. I always send my letters, bills, etc. in that outgoing mail slot, but now I'm afraid to after reading these posts. The mail here is really screwed up. Last Tuesday all of my mail was delivered to someone else's box. I don't even get half the freebies I sign up for. They're either tossed out or delivered to someone else. And I usually end up with someone else's mail a couple times a week. One year I got a Christmas card in March that was post marked Dec. 7th. I think I'm going to get a PO box. Hopefull then I'll get all my mail. It doesn't help that the mail lady hates me. One day when I went to the mail box she was just finishing up, and I asked her how her day was. She started bitching "it's ridiculous how much mail some people get", then I opened my box in front of her and it was jam packed!! So it was me she was complaining about.

Me thinks she should have just gotten a different job. Bitch about how much mail YOU have to DELIVER....lol

azwup05
11-27-2007, 04:33 AM

She needs reminded that mail is what pays her salary.

tigger4
11-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Our mail showed up at 6:00 last night. He brought some packages to the door.

I complained to him about the mail and he said he likes to deliver it at his leisure not rushed. The man is like 60 years old and stops to give candy to all the neighborhood kids, which I think is a little weird, but that is just me.

I am calling the Post Master General again today.

ahippiechic
11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
Our mail showed up at 6:00 last night. He brought some packages to the door.

I complained to him about the mail and he said he likes to deliver it at his leisure not rushed. The man is like 60 years old and stops to give candy to all the neighborhood kids, which I think is a little weird, but that is just me.

I am calling the Post Master General again today.

I would call too!

freeby4me
11-28-2007, 08:35 AM
Hope it gets worked out!

Bonbonely
11-28-2007, 08:57 AM

The problem with a PO box is that some places won't send freebies to them.