PDA

View Full Version : Why does it hurt so frigging much!? Girls only ;-)

Kyla Kym
11-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Sometimes I swear I feel like I'm just going to pass out the pain gets to be so bad.....

Cramps! hurt like a son-of-a-gun!

What is going on to make it so painful? And why do some hurt so bad and others don't?

I've been eating Tylenol today and I swear with all this cooking and stuff I'm doing I could take a bottle of pain killers right now, and that probably wouldn't stop the pain....grrrrrr

Do you have that problem too?
What do you do to help with the pain?

Jackie_Blu
11-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I usually use Midol Maximum strength, and yes I do usually have a lot of pain, but this does help.Tylenol never did anything for me on that problem. I also have taken, for a long time, a liquid calcium supplement (for better absorption) that I order from an herbal co. in arkansas. I normally take it once or twice a day but, that time of the month I up it to 3 or 4 and I cant believe the difference it makes. The naturopath that has the company suggested that to me & I really didnt believe it would help til I tried it. Also heat helps.......strap a hot water bottle around your tummy and carry on lol better yet, if you have a few mins, sit down, put your feet up and heat (i prefer the bottle, not a heating pad) applied. might do wonders for you.
Sorry, sweetie, that you are in pain and I hope it gets better b4 tomorrow at least.

freeby4me
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Occasionally I'll have what feels like something squeezing my ovaries....of course DH doesnt think you could feel that but otherwise i'm pretty lucky with the lack of cramps.

(((HUGS))) to you and I hope you feel better real soon.

BeanieLuvR
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I would go to your gynocologist and talk to him/her about it. I was having terrible cramps and they found I had cysts on my ovaries. She put me on the pill and the cysts went away. For pain my DD who cramps so hard that she gets sick takes a prescription strength Naproxen Sodium. It is 550 mgs. It helps her. She also uses those press on patch things for pain too. I am sorry that you are cramping now. I can't imagine doing all of the cooking you have ben doing feling like that. Hope that you feel better soon.

myashley89
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
been going thru the same thing the past day or two, yesterday I was on the couch with cramps & a headache I thought for sure would make my head explode! I never had many problems til my last child now I am in pms hell lol..definately couldn't live without midol max...as Jackie said...I've tried tylenol, motrin, etc..& it never worked for me either...hope you feel better soon :)

Shann
11-21-2007, 06:28 PM
I would go to your gynocologist and talk to him/her about it. I was having terrible cramps and they found I had cysts on my ovaries. She put me on the pill and the cysts went away. For pain my DD who cramps so hard that she gets sick takes a prescription strength Naproxen Sodium. It is 550 mgs. It helps her. She also uses those press on patch things for pain too. I am sorry that you are cramping now. I can't imagine doing all of the cooking you have ben doing feling like that. Hope that you feel better soon.

I agree, lady. I'm so sorry you have to go through that. I used to have pretty bad cramps and finally went on the pill and it has mellowed them out a lot. I still get real sick though on ocassion and cannot stand to be around food, I don't know how you did it w/ all that cooking you did. I hope you feel better soon. Aleve usually works pretty well for me and the warming patches like beanie's dd. A heating pad will work well too, I just don't own one. :p :hug

gmyers
11-21-2007, 08:24 PM
I have them too. The best thing that works for me is aspirin it works better for me than midol. But it makes me bleed heavy but it stops the cramps for a while. I have to take three at a time though. And a heating pad really helps me too. It stops the back aches and the cramps seem to ease off.

okie
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I agree about seeing your doctor. I was having problems with my periods for a long time. I have a bunch of things going on but the pain was from a cyst on my left ovary.

Out2Lunch
11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
I am one of the very lucky ones that gets very minor(if any) cramping DURING my period. I DO however get a lot of cramping when I ovulate. I know EXACTLY when I ovulate because of the strong cramps. Thank goodness the pain only lasts for a day.

My sis on the other hand.....I can remember her rolling up in a ball on her bed and crying all day. I always felt so bad for her.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Kyla Kym
11-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone so much for your suggestions. I've been back in there cooking tons more junk. Seems like Tylenol helps for a bit, but not as long as they should. I know I'm taking way to many today just so I can stand in the kitchen all day.

I just started today, and the cramps just get worse as the day goes on. Right now the pain is so bad, that it hurts all the way through to my back.

I'm going to give that mydol another shot. I tried it once long ago and it made my heart race, so I never tried it again. But maybe that will help if I do. I'll have to buy some though first. :) I do have Aleve, so I will take some of them and see what happens.

The aspirin, does the same thing to me too gmyers. I dread even going tom'r because I'm going to have to deal with that all day long. Ughhh...

Jackie, where in Arkansas do you get that supplement? Maybe it will help me too. :dancing:

I got a Dr. Appt. next week. I'll be sure and talk to her about it. Hate that all of y'all have to go through this too. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. It really sucks for sure. I guess I'm going into pms mode now, because I don't feel near as chipper as I did earlier. ;)

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I cramp like hell too. I've tried all of the OTC PMS meds and none ever really helped me for long. Mine has been so bad before that I've actually had to take a prescribed pain pill.

One thing I found a while ago that helps me like nothing else....

you ready for this??....

a multivitamin! Like womens one a day or weight smart or any of those. I was trying the Atkins diet out and had started taking a multivitamin the same morning I had started. I felt like crap, was having major cramps and took my vitamin and within no time I noticed they had eased up and were almost gone! I took 2 tylenol and that was that. Every since then thats what I use for my cramps. Not sure why it helps or whatever but it does. Maybe it will help you too! :)

dv8grl
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
I only had bad cramps when I was younger. I would talk to them, tell'em off, get mad at them. :motz: :threaten :y:

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
I only had bad cramps when I was younger. I would talk to them, tell'em off, get mad at them. :motz: :threaten :y:

:lol

tracey74
11-21-2007, 09:21 PM
endometriosis can cause really bad cramps and heavy bleeding as well. I have cysts on my ovaries from time to time and I only have pain when i dont have my period and very rarely do I have cramps. i used to have them bad when I was younger once I had kids they are almost non existent. but I do get a banger of a headache a few hours before I start

Kyla Kym
11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
I cramp like hell too. I've tried all of the OTC PMS meds and none ever really helped me for long. Mine has been so bad before that I've actually had to take a prescribed pain pill.

One thing I found a while ago that helps me like nothing else....

you ready for this??....

a multivitamin! Like womens one a day or weight smart or any of those. I was trying the Atkins diet out and had started taking a multivitamin the same morning I had started. I felt like crap, was having major cramps and took my vitamin and within no time I noticed they had eased up and were almost gone! I took 2 tylenol and that was that. Every since then thats what I use for my cramps. Not sure why it helps or whatever but it does. Maybe it will help you too! :)

I'll go check and see if I got any vitamins up in the cabinet. I'm starting to hurt so bad now, I'm getting that feeling like I'm going to pass out or something.

:laugh: I know the feeling, I always tell hubby if I thought gnawing my leg off would help, I would. :)

endometriosis can cause really bad cramps and heavy bleeding as well. I have cysts on my ovaries from time to time and I only have pain when i dont have my period and very rarely do I have cramps. i used to have them bad when I was younger once I had kids they are almost non existent. but I do get a banger of a headache a few hours before I start
With me it's just gotten worse as I got older. When I was young I rarely had them. I'm glad you don't have to deal with it anymore. Guess that comes in handy in a way though getting the headache. At least that way you know what's getting ready to happen. With me it's always like "SURPRISE" here I am...ready or not......mine never is regular.

okie
11-21-2007, 09:33 PM

I have massive scar tissue from previous surgeries and my periods are really painful and heavy. I kinda have an idea of when the cyst starting growing because I would get pains on my left side from the cyst and it wasn't just during my periods. I think it might be growing back because the pain has started again. I also have an enlarged uterus. I'm having a hysterectomy next month because of everything going on. What works the best for my pain is Motrin. I have never looked forward to surgery like I am this one. No more pain or pms, hello menopause!

Mom2Shaun
11-21-2007, 09:34 PM
You poor thing! I used to get bad pain when I was in my early teens, and someone taught me a stretching exercise that seemed to help a bit. Stand next to a wall and put your arm on it for balance. Then, with feet at normal distance from one another, push your hip bone forward in a diagonal direction. Do this several times. I don't know if it just stretches the muscles or if it does something so clots can move forward, but it helped me. I hope it can help you!

Of course, nothing helps as much as a warm, snuggly kitty lying on your tummy and purring!

Sweetberries
11-21-2007, 09:39 PM
it's different for me all the time some times the cramps are really bad other times I don't have any at all

Jackie_Blu
11-21-2007, 10:37 PM
kyla, if you haven't tried heat (either a heating pad or hot water bottle) you really should. it does help. even if you are taking a few minute break to come here and chat, or just sit back, and when you go to bed tonight, I do think the heat will help u feel better. When you get the midol, be sure to get the maximum strength. thats what I use cuz I get so bad the weaker ones just didnt help me. but please do try the heat. I will pm you with the web site after I look it up:) oh, and do you take a calcium supplement regularly now?

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 10:43 PM
kyla, if you haven't tried heat (either a heating pad or hot water bottle) you really should. it does help. even if you are taking a few minute break to come here and chat, or just sit back, and when you go to bed tonight, I do think the heat will help u feel better. When you get the midol, be sure to get the maximum strength. thats what I use cuz I get so bad the weaker ones just didnt help me. but please do try the heat. I will pm you with the web site after I look it up:) oh, and do you take a calcium supplement regularly now?

Oh yes, heat does help too! It doesn't take it completely away for me but it does help!

I really hope you start feeling better soon. :hug

Kyla Kym
11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks everyone so much! I will be getting the heating pad out and try that. I'm just about to call it a night and that might just be the ticket to help me get to sleep.
I'll also be trying the exercises too. Thank you! :) I'll have to settle with a yorkie on my tummy though. :)

Okie, I wonder if it's because one of yours is worse than the other one is? They say that your overies take turns each month. So maybe you only hurt when it's your bad ones turn?

Hubby got home from work a bit ago, and it's helped quite a bit getting to gripe at him. :laugh: J/k

Willow
11-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Once in a while I will get bad cramping but not every month. I also get the lower back pain. I was given a prescription for 800 miligrams of Motrin so I take that when I need to.

nightrider127
11-22-2007, 06:46 AM
I still remember those horrid cramps I used to have before I went through menopause. I can remember one time I had to lay down in the bathroom floor cause I felt like I was going to pass out from hurting so bad.

What worked for me was midol, a heating pad and drinking peppermint tea. If I was you and having cramps that nothing seems to help, I would go to my gyn and see what was going on. Taking that much Tylenol is not good for your liver at all.

MistyWolf
11-22-2007, 08:53 AM
It's the "curse" .. lol .. Kind of reminds you of the early stages of labor at times ay? Bad enough we had to go through it the first time let alone experience that pain again!

I just eat Excederin when they get bad and I am fine.

cinnamonch
11-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Try drinking something hot like tea (no sugar). I don't have problems with getting cramps like most do but when I do, I drink tea and usually in an hour I am feeling better.

bears984
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
you might want to talk to your doctor about this I had some of the same things and now I have been pain free for 3 years had a hysterectomy

iluvmybaby
11-22-2007, 12:01 PM
Sometimes I swear I feel like I'm just going to pass out the pain gets to be so bad.....

Cramps! hurt like a son-of-a-gun!

What is going on to make it so painful? And why do some hurt so bad and others don't?

I've been eating Tylenol today and I swear with all this cooking and stuff I'm doing I could take a bottle of pain killers right now, and that probably wouldn't stop the pain....grrrrrr

Do you have that problem too?
What do you do to help with the pain?

Next time you go to your girly doctor let him know you are having SERIOUS problems, it could be cysts/fibroids, especially if you have really heavy bleeding as well as very painful cramps

okie
11-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Thanks everyone so much! I will be getting the heating pad out and try that. I'm just about to call it a night and that might just be the ticket to help me get to sleep.
I'll also be trying the exercises too. Thank you! :) I'll have to settle with a yorkie on my tummy though. :)

Okie, I wonder if it's because one of yours is worse than the other one is? They say that your overies take turns each month. So maybe you only hurt when it's your bad ones turn?

Hubby got home from work a bit ago, and it's helped quite a bit getting to gripe at him. :laugh: J/k

I have never heard of that. I have no idea. Hope you got to feeling better.

Mom2Shaun
11-23-2007, 01:57 PM
:) I'll have to settle with a yorkie on my tummy though. :)

The kitty purring on your tummy is good because of the warmth and low-level vibration. Can you teach either the dog or hubby to purr? ;)

Juli67
11-23-2007, 02:27 PM
okie,
I had a hysterectomy last year. You will feel so much better. I don't miss those horrible monthly things at all.

Kyla Kym
11-23-2007, 02:40 PM
The kitty purring on your tummy is good because of the warmth and low-level vibration. Can you teach either the dog or hubby to purr? ;)

I can get my yorkie to growl on command. I tell everyone she's purring when she growls. :D Now hubby might be a different story though. I don't see him purring on command. :laugh:

Thanks everyone so much for all the suggestion. Believe me, I will be trying them all! :hug

I hope this thread is useful to others too. Some pretty good advice here for the women who suffer allot. :dancing:

ahippiechic
11-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I haven't had really bad cramps since I was in my 20's I guess, but exercise usually helped.

cathych
11-23-2007, 04:20 PM
I had a hysterectomy several years ago, & if you are through having children, I would say definately go for it. You will feel so much better, & you don't have to plan activites activites anymore around that time of the month. For the cramps, I remember when I was young my mom gave me something that was about 90% alcohol (Cardui) when I was young. Reminds me of that episode of Andy where any Bea got soused. Can you imagine a man with cramps??????

PrincessArky
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
hope you can find something that works for ya......I never had cramps or bad periods UNTIL I got my tubes tied after I had Ethan now I have moments where the pain is so bad that I am in tears

chyna123
11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Hope things have gotten better for you.... I know exactly what your talking about though...I also have problems with mine....