PDA

View Full Version : Here is my vent today ...

MistyWolf
11-21-2007, 05:19 AM
.... Why do they allow men to take vacation days??? That's all I'm saying .. lol.

Oh and is it almost 5PM so I can go to work?

Army-Mom
11-21-2007, 05:32 AM
awww, bless your heart, hope your day gets better...My husband is home on vacation but I love having him home..just made him some sausage, turkey bacon and french toast for breakfast.

tigger4
11-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Mine has been on vacation since Thursday. In that time he has actually received over 150 calls from work, went into work 5 times, wrote 10 reports, and got called in on an emergency at 2 in the morning.

He is making me nuts. Because he won't get paid for any of this work. Just his vacation pay.

suprtruckr
11-21-2007, 06:57 AM
it's 5 o'clock somewhere :rolling

pepperpot
11-21-2007, 07:06 AM
it's 5 o'clock somewhere :rolling

I caught that too.....:lol

I guess it really has been rough on her...:huh

cabby92
11-21-2007, 08:05 AM
You have my sympathy. Mine starts two weeks on Monday. I may not survive. or he may not...

ahippiechic
11-21-2007, 08:11 AM
You have my sympathy. Mine starts two weeks on Monday. I may not survive. or he may not...

Most of us know that HE is the one in peril!

Willow
11-21-2007, 08:33 AM
awww, bless your heart, hope your day gets better...My husband is home on vacation but I love having him home..just made him some sausage, turkey bacon and french toast for breakfast.

I love having Kevin home too, but he's not like most guys. LOL

Sorry if you're having a bad time of it Misty. :)

MistyWolf
11-21-2007, 08:53 AM
It's not 5' oclock here .. yet ;) .. lmao

And he doesn't give me a hard time persay .. he just grates on your nerves .. he's a good one for pushing your buttons, like a 5 yr old .. lmao .. I took an hour and half nap so it was quiet .. hehe.

We both go for flu shots in a bit than I'll come home and bake and than go to work so it will be all good .. ;)

myashley89
11-21-2007, 09:10 AM
my hubby will be home from thurs & goes back tues....monday they actually shut the plant down for HUNTING can ya believe it? lol anyway I know what you mean about pushing your buttons like a 5 year old LOL...its gonna be a loooooong weekend lol

cabby92
11-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Our schools are closed for opening day as are a lot of local businesses. I grab the kids and go shopping.

Oh, and Hippie? If I wasn't such a delicate flower I'd take offense at what you are implying.

nedthenanite
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
.... Why do they allow men to take vacation days??? That's all I'm saying .. lol.
i don't know, but i'm sick of the job. i could use a few days.
a v.p. from my company once complained about employees having kids and/or family. :beamup

okie
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM
My hubby will be off starting tomorrow and goes back on Monday. Then he will be off for 3 weeks in December and January because I am having surgery. I really appreciate him taking the time off because I will need help with the kids but we are at each others throats after about 3 days.

MistyWolf
11-22-2007, 01:06 AM
i don't know, but i'm sick of the job. i could use a few days.
a v.p. from my company once complained about employees having kids and/or family. :beamup

Seriously, you are absolutely right .. he does work hard and does deserve some time off.

But I really am posting in jest .. lol

Urban Cowgirl
11-22-2007, 08:46 AM
my Dh gets a vacation every other week.....5 days off in a row!!! Its how his schedule works, thanks to Thanksgiving this weeks its 6 off in a row!!!! Sometimes I swear we could drive eah other to drink!!! LMAO

buglebe
11-25-2007, 08:24 PM
my hubby will be home from thurs & goes back tues....monday they actually shut the plant down for HUNTING can ya believe it? lol anyway I know what you mean about pushing your buttons like a 5 year old LOL...its gonna be a loooooong weekend lol

That is the funniest thing I ever heard!! Where do you live? ROTFL

buglebe
11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Just wait!! RETIREMENT day is coming!!!!

MsLynn
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
i don't have that problem, lmao

MistyWolf
11-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Just wait!! RETIREMENT day is coming!!!!

I can hardly wait :rolling

PrincessArky
11-26-2007, 09:42 AM
my hubby was ready to go back to work today and now he is even rethinking our vacation to Australia in May thankfully we don't have tix yet. The kids drove him nuts and I already knew that I didnt' wanna travel with the kids and now he feels the same way.....so looks like it might just be him going lol