PDA

View Full Version : Tasha/Chantix

catdance
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey girl, how is it going?
You OK?
It is hard to quit the smoking, but I wanted to check in with you and see.
Chantix is not a miracle drug.
We are miracles for trying..
HUGS..and more..

Tasha405
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Aww thank you for asking about me!! :hug

I haven't had a cig since yesterday at 11:20am!! :D Thats when I put out my last one. I'm doing good. No major cravings. No withdrawls. I do catch myself reaching or looking for them when I'm online a while or on the phone but its just out of habit. I've wanted to smoke a few times, when I felt overwhelmed here with the kids and all that but I got myself busy or just ate more candy. lol I know I wouldn't be able to do it without the Chantix though. It really helps with all of the cravings and everything. Its been a lot easier than I thought it would be.

So far I'm hanging in there!!

My stats...

Smoke Free for: 1 day, 8 hours, 28 minutes

Cigs not smoked: 40

Money saved: $7.00

loris520
11-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Thats awsome!!!! that is the first thing I am doing when we get Heath Insurance in 1 month. I have heard nothing but good about Chantix. Keep up the good work

sheila_361
11-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Keep up the good work Tasha, that's so wonderful!!!! :hug

socks1211
11-21-2007, 09:57 AM
may i ask how much the prescription costs

gmyers
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm glad your quitting. You will see a difference in how you feel. I've watched my husbands health really improve. Hang in there we're pulling for you to make it. Someone asked what it cost it was $100 and some cents each month for the three months here. Our insurance paid the full amount because we buy so much medicine that he had reached the $2000 out of pocket amount for the year.

dv8grl
11-21-2007, 11:57 AM
i know this should be in the news section, I saw it on CNN today .. but its relevent to this thread....

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/20/news/companies/pfizer_suicide.ap/index.htm?section=money_latest

FDA probes Pfizer on Chantix suicide worries
Government scientists are investigating whether the smoking cessation pill increases suicidal thoughts and behavior problems after one violent death.

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
may i ask how much the prescription costs

I only had to pay $25 because my insurance covered most of it. :) You can check with your insurance company and find out what, if anything, they will pay on it.

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 12:19 PM
i know this should be in the news section, I saw it on CNN today .. but its relevent to this thread....

http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/20/news/companies/pfizer_suicide.ap/index.htm?section=money_latest

Government scientists are investigating whether the smoking cessation pill increases suicidal thoughts and behavior problems after one violent death.

Wow, thanks for the link on that. So far I've been ok on it but its good to know about. :)

dv8grl
11-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow, thanks for the link on that. So far I've been ok on it but its good to know about. :)

What is it a 6 week regime, 'til all the nicotine is out of your system, then you can stop the chantix?

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 12:35 PM
What is it a 6 week regime, 'til all the nicotine is out of your system, then you can stop the chantix?

Its a 12 week program but I guess you could quit sooner if you had been quit long enough? I'm not really sure. I'll talk to my doctor about it when I go back.

dv8grl
11-21-2007, 02:31 PM
I would do the recommended "time". The 1st time I quit (using the patch) I thought I was good to go after only 4 weeks., but I wasn't. Thankfully the next time I used the patch I did it for the whole 6 weeks & didn't have any problems.

How are the dreams w/ the chantix? I loved the crazy trippy dreams I had when I was on the patch.

gmyers
11-21-2007, 02:49 PM

I can't speak for other people but my husband didn't have any suicidal thoughts or behavior problems. It seemed to calm his nerves and really helped with the withdrawal symptoms and the jitters he would get when he tried to quit. Didn't that happen because the person drank while using Chantix?

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I would do the recommended "time". The 1st time I quit (using the patch) I thought I was good to go after only 4 weeks., but I wasn't. Thankfully the next time I used the patch I did it for the whole 6 weeks & didn't have any problems.

How are the dreams w/ the chantix? I loved the crazy trippy dreams I had when I was on the patch.

I haven't had any vivid dreams while taking it. Some people have talked about having them but so far it hasn't happened to me.

You had some crazy ones while using the patch?

Tasha405
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I can't speak for other people but my husband didn't have any suicidal thoughts or behavior problems. It seemed to calm his nerves and really helped with the withdrawal symptoms and the jitters he would get when he tried to quit. Didn't that happen because the person drank while using Chantix?

Ya know, I just told my husband this morning that I feel calmer now than I did when I was smoking.

We had been out grocery shopping and I wasn't about to have a nervous breakdown like I used to. lol

dv8grl
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
You had some crazy ones while using the patch? Crazy really vivid dreams., but I like that. Some people don't.

CONGRATS so far! I think that your doing AWESOME!