PDA

View Full Version : How many of you iron??

Jackie_Blu
11-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Just curious. I iron everything right down to the pillowcases & DH's handkerchiefs, with the exception of t-shirts,underwear & blue jeans.......(although I used to iron those,too) Most of my friends don't iron at all.

dv8grl
11-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Psshttt... Not since I was in the Navy have I picked up an IRON! LOL!

Eyore
11-19-2007, 08:02 AM
The only time I iron is when I have to and that isn't to often.

Willow
11-19-2007, 08:02 AM
I have an iron but I haven't ironed anything in almost a year. LOL

ahippiechic
11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Iron?? What is that??

LOL, the only time I iron is when I print a Tshirt transfer!

YankeeMary
11-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes I iron but not alot. Normally just dress clothing. I do hate it though...lol.

okie
11-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Iron?? What is that??

That's what I was going to ask. The only things that I iron is clothing that I am listing on Ebay or if we are dressing up to go out somewhere, holidays, or pictures.

DrGrin
11-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Yes I iron but not alot. Normally just dress clothing. I do hate it though...lol.

Ditto!

Barcode
11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
I think the last time I ironed something was in 1978 maybe. My husband has always done it because he enjoys it.

Tasha405
11-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Ya know.. I bought an iron one day, a few years ago. Its still in the box, never been opened. :lol So.. nope, I don't iron much either. lol

loris520
11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
I do all the me hubby is anal about shirt collars. I don't mind doing it. My grandmother used to iron underwear.... thats crazy lol

volkswagon7
11-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Don't even own an iron so I couldn't iron something even if I wanted to.

magenta
11-19-2007, 08:37 AM
I have had the same iron for about 15 yrs. It looks and acts brand new. I have probably used it 10 times.

sheila_361
11-19-2007, 08:41 AM
nope not an ironer here..*L*

rlynn411
11-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I have not picked up an iron since Downy Wrinkle Releaser hit the market. DH had 2 shirts the Downy would not work on so I got rid of them.

cabby92
11-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Everything except for socks and underwear. I have to be careful with DS15's stuff, if he can tell it's been ironed he has a hissy. No creases for that boy. However, even though he doesn't want things ironed, he complains if his stuff looks wrinkled. I guess he thinks the de-wrinkle fairy swoops down at night.

I can't stand our clothes not looking crisp.

PrincessArky
11-19-2007, 09:43 AM
I hardly ever iron but if I do it is something of the kids.....I used to iron all the time can remember when then hubby got a really great job and I would iron his clothes everyday right before work.......later found out it wasnt to impress the bosses but the gals that worked for him that was sleeping around with......now ya see why he is an ex and why I wont iron for me again lol

meltodd69
11-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Those of you that do iron maybe you can help. I recently started a new job and I have to wear all black. How do you repeatly iron a black dress shirt so it doesn't fade as fast. I have to wash and iron everyday and the black is fading fast. Any ideas would help. Thank-You

cabby92
11-19-2007, 11:01 AM
It's probably the washing more than the ironing. Try washing in cold water and turning the garment inside out to wash it. Could you wear a thin t-shirt or something under it so it could go an extra day between washings? Also, try the laundry soap made just for dark clothes. I think it's Cheer, but I know it's a liquid.

Honestly, I've never thought I faded anything by ironing it. Burned, yes, but that's a whole 'nother subject.

Jackie_Blu
11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
It's probably the washing more than the ironing. Try washing in cold water and turning the garment inside out to wash it. Could you wear a thin t-shirt or something under it so it could go an extra day between washings? Also, try the laundry soap made just for dark clothes. I think it's Cheer, but I know it's a liquid.

Honestly, I've never thought I faded anything by ironing it. Burned, yes, but that's a whole 'nother subject.

I agree with cabby that its more in the washing than ironing. was also gonna suggest the laundry soap they have for darks.

BeanieLuvR
11-19-2007, 11:29 AM
The only time I iron is when I have to and that isn't to often.

Same here!!

bpl76
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
OMG So many people using that foul, obscene, four letter "i" word!

:backaway

JewRican
11-19-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't iron unless you call taking things out of the dryer right away and hanging up ironing.

ilovecats
11-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't iron unless you call taking things out of the dryer right away and hanging up ironing.

That's what I always did.Now I am without A dryer and HAVE to iron.I hate it!

Aloha from paradise
11-19-2007, 07:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rolling :rolling :whistle :backaway

Mr Ginny
11-19-2007, 07:20 PM
I do. But in a manly way, of course.

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I use to iron everything too. But now it's rare if I get the iron out. Usually for funerals I have to get it out to iron dress shirts.

My mom still irons everything...even the bed sheets.

moe265
11-19-2007, 08:09 PM
OMG So many people using that foul, obscene, four letter "i" word!

:backaway

:yeah

tngirl
11-19-2007, 08:46 PM
What's an iron?

Mystica131
11-19-2007, 10:00 PM
My mother passed this fanatical ironing gene on to me. One of the sounds I remember most from my childhood was the squeak of the ironing board when she put it up. I iron all the kids' clothes for school and just about everything else (no socks or underwear though!). When people tell me they don't iron anything, to me it's like saying they don't ever breathe.

The thing is I absolutely HATE doing it, but I can't stop myself!!!

janelle
11-19-2007, 10:16 PM
I find most irons spit corroded water on clothes so I try not to iron even if I need to. The reason may be I don't use the iron much so the water stands for a long time but still why does it spit?

My hubby has some dress shirts but I can't get it ironed as well as the cleaners so he takes them there.

Been thinking of getting a Tobi. Does anyone have one? My shower curtain is wrinkled from being in the package and the Tobi will get the wrinkles out without taking the curtain down. Just wondered if it is worth the money.

And yes, my mother ironed boxer shorts too. I hate ironing.

Jackie_Blu
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Kyla I LOVE that avatar! Had me laughing my a$$ off when I first saw it LOL the poor little guy. :rolling

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Kyla I LOVE that avatar! Had me laughing my a$$ off when I first saw it LOL the poor little guy. :rolling

Glad you like it. :D

Anyone remember your mom having a glass coke bottle with a sprinkler head on it that she would put something in...water or starch and shake it on the clothes while she was ironing? I barely remember that. :)

Jackie_Blu
11-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Glad you like it. :D

Anyone remember your mom having a glass coke bottle with a sprinkler head on it that she would put something in...water or starch and shake it on the clothes while she was ironing? I barely remember that. :)

Oh my gosh yes! I had forgotten about that.....thanks for the memory:)

MistyWolf
11-19-2007, 11:35 PM
No I don't .. BUT I just bought an iron today ;) .. Don't plan on using it though on a regular basis .. my stuff isn't wrinkly. I bought it to iron on Girl Scout patches .. lol.

Big Lots has a Rowenta (reconditioned) for $29.99 (retails for $59.99) that I got. And it does come with a one year warranty.

MistyWolf
11-19-2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, and I don't sew either .. so I am glad GS has iron on patches .. lmao.

Mystica131
11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Oh, and I don't sew either .. so I am glad GS has iron on patches .. lmao.

I hope your patches actually stick. DS had iron on patches to be put on his Tae Kwon Do uniform. The first time I washed the uniform, the patches fell off. I ended up having to sew them on after that.

MistyWolf
11-22-2007, 01:03 AM
I hope your patches actually stick. DS had iron on patches to be put on his Tae Kwon Do uniform. The first time I washed the uniform, the patches fell off. I ended up having to sew them on after that.

If they don't stick, I'll be taking them to the laundry mat to get sewed on ;) .. lol

jedmatters
11-22-2007, 06:12 AM
We iron...
I do the pants, and my husband irons the shirts.

He loves to iron, but can never get a crease straight in the pants. Polo shirts are hard for me, so we share.

myspirit
11-22-2007, 06:33 AM
iron? what is that?

tsquared
11-22-2007, 06:39 AM
yip iron once a week whether i need to or not..........

Urban Cowgirl
11-22-2007, 08:48 AM
nope....DH does the ironing!

buttrfli
11-22-2007, 06:36 PM
My version of ironing is tossing a wrinkled shirt into the dryer for 20 minutes :D

MistyWolf
11-22-2007, 06:52 PM
My version of ironing is tossing a wrinkled shirt into the dryer for 20 minutes :D

With a damp towel to help knock the wrinkles out .. lmao.

ang in NC
11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
yes I do it, my husband's granmother taught me how.

flute
11-23-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't even OWN an iron so needless to say I do not iron.

I have a lil bottle of Downy Wrinkle Release that I use for the few items of clothing that need it.

cabby92
11-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I find most irons spit corroded water on clothes so I try not to iron even if I need to. The reason may be I don't use the iron much so the water stands for a long time but still why does it spit?

My hubby has some dress shirts but I can't get it ironed as well as the cleaners so he takes them there.

Been thinking of getting a Tobi. Does anyone have one? My shower curtain is wrinkled from being in the package and the Tobi will get the wrinkles out without taking the curtain down. Just wondered if it is worth the money.

And yes, my mother ironed boxer shorts too. I hate ironing.

Buy a new iron and only used distilled water in it. That won't corrode the insides of the iron and you'll have no more water spots.

Throw your shower curtain into the dryer (even a plastic curtain is fine) with a pretty damp hand towel for a few minutes. The curtain will come out really soft. Shake the wrinkles out and hold it til it cools down and no more wrinkles. This works with plastic tablecloths also. Just don't leave it in too long.

Can you tell I am a little fanatical about wrinkles?

tracyb
11-23-2007, 07:49 PM
I iron my church clothes mostly and some shirts....I want a steamer to my clothes with.

I do the shower curtains and tableclothes in the dryer too...you think you ruined them when y ou first take them out

mirage7000
11-23-2007, 10:53 PM
The only thing I iron is drapes otherwise no. Next I will be buying blinds for the rest of the house. Then I will consider the iron to be useless!