PDA

View Full Version : Ups

peaceluver
11-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Update- I totally owe my UPS man an apology. I was out front this morning again looking for the package. I found my package inside my BBQ grill. The UPS man has left my packages before in the carport or on my freezer off the carport. I never even thought to look inside my BBQ grill but for some reason this morning I checked and there it was.

Wednesday when I got home there was a tag on the door saying I missed the UPS guy. He left a first attempt message, ok no problem. Thursday he never comes back to redeliever the package I spent the whole day waiting on him. Friday again he doesnt come back, so DH calls UPS and they tell him the package was delievered on Wednesday. We are like no it wasnt, it was raining and the guy left a first attempt message for us. So he gives her the number and she says that number is not in our system and he says it was delievered so your neighbors must have stole it. DH was like WHAT, we have lived here for several years and have great neighbors and they are not thieves. She was like oh well it WAS delievered. DH tells her you have a thief for a driver and I want him fired and I want my package. She tells him there is nothing he can do. So today DH has to call the company we ordered from and get them to start an investagation.

Jackie_Blu
11-19-2007, 08:00 AM
That is really crappy! We are lucky here. There's almost always 1 vehicle here even if we arent home, so our UPS man leaves a sticky on the door & puts package inside the vehicle. They should have at least had that driver contact you and tell you where your package is. Nothing makes me madder than to sit at home waiting for a delivery or a call back from a company and it doesnt happen :getyou

loris520
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
That is messed up. At least they come to your door. My UPS driver drops my pkgs. in the middle of my driveway because they are scared of my dog who is IN THE HOUSE. I called several times and they make a note of it but still they drop them in the driveway. Good luck I hope you get it taken care of. :)

IthinkNOT!
11-19-2007, 08:30 AM
I went through something similar with fed ex last year. They marked a package as delivered when it never was. I thought that the investigation would find a mistake somewhere. But it didn't. The package was from ABC distributing, and they are still sending me bills even though I never got the merchandise.

magenta
11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
That is pretty crappy. Hope the investigation finds something!

okie
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
My ups man hides packages when I am not here. He will put them inside the door if he can. He has also put some in my garden behind the water hose container. It's one of those square box things that the hose goes in. The first time it happened I have no idea how long it was there. My hubby actually found it. So now I look in the garden for boxes.

BeanieLuvR
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Glad that you found it. :) My UPS man hides them too but he writes on the delivery notice where they are at. Usually on the back porch.

dinosmom
11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I once had the UPS guy scale my 6ft tall fence with a locked gate, go into my backyard with my 2 LARGE (but friendly) dogs and leave a package in my BBQ too! It was the middle of winter and we didnt BBQ much! But the very next day he had to delivery another package and I was home so he made sure I found it. He said he thought for sure my dogs would have let me know that he was in the backyard! LOL

Shann
11-19-2007, 01:35 PM
that's great you found it, but seriously, how the hell were you suppose to know to look in your grill? they should have left you a note letting you know. I had that happen, I heard the door bell ring but didn't get to it in time and saw the truck driving away...but didn't see a note or anything so I looked around. Well a few days later we found it in the backyard. I generally don't go to that part of the yard and you can't see it if you step outside, so there was my package hanging out in the hot sun. It's nice they tried to hide it and all, but I would have liked to be informed :rolleyes:

SLance68
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
My UPS guy has learned to just leave them with my next door neighbor - she runs a home day care and the kids will come over and get my packages and bring them to her anyway. The kids started doing this one year when it was so rainy so now the UPS, FedEx and DHL drivers just leave it at her house. The kids are so funny they will yell "Miss Sandy we have a box for you today" so no need for notes I have 6 - 4 year olds delivery persons.

lucimPI
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
My bro in CA. got a new computer. I asked what he was going to do with old one. He was just going to get rid of it, so I asked if he would sell it to me. I have a windows 98 (hubby is on that one and wanted a new one but NOT vista, wanted XP) and mine is an XP. Bro's was an XP. Anyhow Bro takes it to UPS store, has them pack it and says I would get it (last) Tues. Tues came and went --no computer..Next day around noon, gal on the next block went to check on an elderly semi-invalid man and saw these 2 big boxes on his front stoop. He hadn't ordered anything so she reads the names and lo and behold--mine. So she calls me-hubby goes over and gets them. (Thanks goodness-it did not rain as predicted). I call UPS tell them my tale of woe.Gal from UPS told me to tell Bro to go back to where he sent it from and he would be refunded all shipping costs and to give my Bro the TX# of my local UPS for them to call. He went back and was refunded all the shipping (over $100.00).
New guy, regular guy was on vacation. Happy Ending!!!

lucimPI
11-19-2007, 05:10 PM
BTW, UPS pulled it up on their computer and saw that instead of Oak street it had been delivered to Elm street.

freeplease
11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
BBQ grills? Hose boxes? It sounds like the UPS dudes should be working for the Easter bunny.

okie
11-19-2007, 08:52 PM
BBQ grills? Hose boxes? It sounds like the UPS dudes should be working for the Easter bunny.

I'm telling ya!

pepperpot
11-19-2007, 09:41 PM

:lol