PDA

View Full Version : ≈°≈∙ PayPal Virtual Debit Card ∙≈°≈

Kyla Kym
11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Does anyone actually have that here besides me?

cathych
11-17-2007, 06:46 PM
I do!

myashley89
11-17-2007, 07:55 PM
I have it too

JKATHERINE
11-18-2007, 04:55 AM
No, I never was able to figure out how to get one. I think they may have disabled that feature and perhaps don't give them out anymore? Or maybe they just don't like me...lol

tough guy
11-18-2007, 09:13 AM
i do

ddburke200
11-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I have one to

dangerousfem
11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I use to be able to click a link in my paypal account and it would pull one up.. but now the link is gone... so I can't figure out how to get one.

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 01:56 PM
The reason I was asking is because I was wondering if any of you got that pop-up update for it? And if you did, have you installed it yet? I'm afraid to install it. I'm afraid it might not work after it's updated. Just curious if anyone has and if they have had any problems with the update?

atprm
11-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I saw a link for it, but I have no idea what that is

how does it different from either 1) a regular credit card or 2) the debit card?

do they run your credit to get it?

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I saw a link for it, but I have no idea what that is

how does it different from either 1) a regular credit card or 2) the debit card?

do they run your credit to get it?

It's suppose to be safer than using a regular credit card online.
It generates a different card each time you use it. So it's hard for anyone to steal it that way. If they steal it, it won't work. I think they are good for only one use. I've had mine for a long time now and really love it. It's the only card I ever use now.

atprm
11-19-2007, 04:16 PM
so you can use the virtual one and the regular physical paypal debit card? or is it one / other?

seems strange if it keeps changing the number

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 04:25 PM
so you can use the virtual one and the regular physical paypal debit card? or is it one / other?

seems strange if it keeps changing the number
The last time I did use my regular PayPal Debit card it worked just fine. So I would say yes, you can use both. Unless they have changed it in this new update that I'm still afraid to load. :)

Last I heard though, anyone new to the Virtual Debit Card can't get it. It's only the first ones that signed up. I guess we were the guinea pigs aka: beta testers. :)

Maybe others can get it now since they did a update. I don't know..you should see if it will let you download it and use it, so you can let others know if it's working now or not for new members. :)

I was one of the first ones to sign up. So I've been using it when there could be problems with it, and so far I've not had any problems other than it quit working one time for about a day. But other than that It's been working great.

It puts a icon in your system tray that you click on to generate a card. But you have to put in your paypal password before you can do it. So it's just as safe on your computer. It doesn't store the password in the program.

tarbabie
11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I have one! never had a problem with it!

Kyla Kym
11-19-2007, 04:32 PM
I have one! never had a problem with it!

Did you do the new update on it yet?

riprod
05-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I am very confused. I installed the Paypal plugin to use a "SINGLE USE" virtual debit card. It generated a credit card number that is supposed to only be used once for a set amount.

However I have been billed 6 times now, on a monthly basis and I have called Paypal several times and files 'unauthorized transaction' affidavits but have never been credited any of them.

Do I have to close my Paypal account to stop being billed $30 every month.

Excuse my ignorance but does single use... not mean "SINGLE USE". Paypal claims it means single merchant which is just completly beyond me. It serves no purpose whatsoever. Is the whole purpose not because you are suspicious of a merchant and want to make sure they can't re-bill you.

Any advise. I'm ready to just shut down my paypal account that is 5 years old.