PDA

View Full Version : Sex kits instead of Bibles

sandy66
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Petition to stop major hotel chains from adding sex kits to the rooms and taking out the Gidean Bible. This is a petition from the American Family Assoc.

https://secure.afa.net/afa/activ
ism/signpetition.asp?id=1720
:rules

freeby4me
11-16-2007, 08:19 AM
Huh??

Willow
11-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Online petitions are not credible.

Mom2Shaun
11-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Something must have been off, because when you go to the site (I just wanted to see it), the page is no longer available.

freeby4me
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I havent gone there but that link is not clickable. Im guessing you'd have to copy and paste that whole thing into another page and then try to go there.

The whole thing doesnt make any sense. A Gidean bible is free. A "sex kit" is not and why in the world would ANY hotel/motel PAY to put one in every room. Thats about STUPID.

No offense to anyone but the reason why they'res stories like this is to get the bible thumpers all riled up.
:slap

Willow
11-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Something must have been off, because when you go to the site (I just wanted to see it), the page is no longer available.

Something is off. You got that right. :rofl:

Willow
11-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I would like to see what this "sex kit" is all about.

Willow
11-16-2007, 04:12 PM
http://www.afa.net/newsweekgideons.htm

I found this article. My feeling is that if someone wants to read the bible in their hotel room than maybe they should bring one with them. I think most people that are that religious carry their own bible with them everywhere they go any way.

Adra
11-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Sadly shakes head, and leaves the room.

janelle
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I always thought the bibles are given free to the hotels/motels. Is the sex kits free from some organization? Probably not.

Some people do go to these places to kill themselves, many cases are reported. If bibles are free why not put them in rooms. As far as sex kits you know you will be billed for them.

bears984
11-16-2007, 06:56 PM
maybe they should be leaving the bible in the room and if someone wants a free sex kit they can get them in the office

ahippiechic
11-16-2007, 07:04 PM
They can keep the bible and the sex toys. If I want either one, I'll go get one.

ssgjeg
11-17-2007, 05:10 AM
:dito:

Mom2Shaun
11-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Ita!

lizmolik
11-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I guess to compromise the situation, they should just put both in there, there is more than enough room! (Just a thought)!

DrGrin
11-17-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd be happy if they'd just chain down a phone book to the desk or something. It seems like every time I stay in a motel, I have to call local information for a number for a pizza delivery place because someone has stolen the phone book from the room. :D

cathych
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
Bibles are donated by the Gideons. (my mom did this one, so I know how it works). A person pays a donation to the gideons, & they in turn buy, say 1 bible, (it depends on how much you donate), & put it in a hotel room under the name of a certain person. I think a sex kit is like a mini-bar, it certainly is not free.

tough guy
11-20-2007, 03:55 PM

I found this article. My feeling is that if someone wants to read the bible in their hotel room than maybe they should bring one with them. I think most people that are that religious carry their own bible with them everywhere they go any way.

ITA!!

Bubblescc
11-21-2007, 01:12 PM

I would agree with this but, the Bible isnt just there for someone that wants to read it. I mean, for instance, maybe it could help a depressed person. Or someone that had wanted to learn about God but just didnt take the time to get a Bible. You never know, not that I think people "get religion" at hotels,lol...It could help someone that needs it, I believe God works in mysterious ways and this might help in that regard. May as well have something good in the room, and why not have the sex kit too! lol

just my opinion....