PDA

View Full Version : Running into ex's stories

DawnMarie
11-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Ok Ok, I have NEVER run into ANY of my ex boyfriends in the past but today it happened when we went grocery shopping this evening. So here I am strolling along pushing the cart with my son and hubby. I'm turning a corner as my hubby is pointing something out on the shelf and for some odd reason something told me to look ahead. And BAM I zero in on someone half way down the aisle, IT was my ex boyfriend from about 4 years ago. All of a sudden I didn't know what to do, (I've never ran into ex's before, and not only that, this one was a horrible breakup that resulted in me leaving him begging on his knees in tears for me not to leave) I could feel my face getting all red and I just wanted to hide. I did not want him to notice me, so I just quickly turned my head and try to cover that side of my face with my hair while simotinusely making a B line for another aisle. I'm pretty sure he noticed me and he just ran the opposite way. This whole time my hubby was laughing at what I was doing and wanted to know what was up. So i told him, which I guess I shouldn't have cause he got all uncomfortable, :lol:

Anyways, it was pretty weird, and I'm glad it didn't turn into "Hey how have you been" scenerio

So does anyone else have any stories about running into their ex's? Bad, Good, Funny? :itsme:

okie
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
I ran into an ex boyfriend one time. This was during my single days. This was actually a few days after I had met my husband. It was at Wal-Mart of all places. This guy had been my first love in junior high and high school. I ended up making one of the biggest mistakes in my life. I went out with him that night. I was in my early twenties and still pretty stupid. I had forgot that my husband(not at the time this happened) was supposed to call me that night. I called him(hubby) the next evening and he asked where I had been. I lied and told him with a girlfriend. I hadn't gotten back until real early in the morning and I guess he had been calling all night. I was living with my grandmother because I had just moved back from living out of state. My grandmother just told him that I was out with a friend. I stuck to my story for a few days and finally told him the truth. He told me that I needed to choose who I wanted to be with. I decided that there was a reason we were ex's and I chose my husband. I would not change my decision even after all these years and all that we have been through. The only thing I would change is the decision to go out with the ex that night.

Char
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
It happens to me all the time ! This is my third marriage (third was the charm, we've been married 21 years now), and, I have about 5 old BF's that were pretty serious. It about always makes me uncomfortable... 'cause two of them would still take me back...lol, it's just so 'odd'. Hubster and I are always out and about... and that doesn't help.

LOL, and I almost always run into them when I look like crap ! LMAO ! You know, when you run to the store for a 'must have right now' item, and, you're going to be in teh store all of two minutes, so you sneak in, hair not done, no make-up, in your PJ's...LOL, that's when I'll run into twp or three people I know. Now, I can be all decked out... looking smart and feeling good, and ZIP ! I run into no one...lol

Murphy's law I guess...

ahippiechic
11-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Well I live across the country from I lived most of my life, so I don't see running into them out here, except my latest one (ex-hubby) and we are friends and so is friends with my new hubby too, so it's all cool.

But when I go back home to visit I always run into a few ex's, the town is sooo small it's almost impossible not to. Most of them I just nod and keep walking.

andreame70
11-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Yep, the old boyfriend's coming back to haunt you. I too have a funny story. Years ago...and I mean like 21 years ago, when I was 16, I began seeing a guy named Randy. He was older, almost 22 when we met and in an unhappy marriage. Like an idiot, I fell for him and began seeing him behind his wife's back. Yes, it was wrong and I regret my poor decision making, but it happened. It lasted about a year and I called it quits because it was wrong and I knew that it was going no where. It hurt like hell because I really had some strong feelings for him.

Fast forward 21 years, to just a couple of months ago. My little sister dropped by to introduce me to her new boyfriend. Instantly, I liked this guy and thought he was great. There was something so familiar about him and I was so happy for her. After talking to them for about an hour and hearing about his family, it dawned on me why I seemed to like him so much. He is Randy's son! OMG, I almost choked on my Pepsi when told me who his Dad was.

Unfortunately, his Dad had already put it together and had told his son about me. Aaron just grinned at me and eventually said, "so I hear you know my Dad pretty well." I thought I was going to die. I can only imagine what Randy must have told him.

Andrea

Adra
11-16-2007, 06:57 AM
One of my ex-boyfriends is now a preacher at a church about a mile from my house.

He was at his church one day and dh and I drove past. Dh said there's K***
I said "its been years since I saw him" So we turned around and went back and I hugged him and we chatted for a while.

He has had several revivals and we have seen each other at different places. He has invited dh and me to his church but, BUT BUT ----I just can't get past the "I knew him when he had 8 arms and all of them was going here and here and ---" you get the picture. I KNOW he has changed but still ----I just can't see him as preacher. lol

cabby92
11-16-2007, 07:10 AM
I had a live-in and the relationship ended badly. He lost his job, couldn't pay his bills, stuck me with all the expenses and couldn't figure out why I sent him home to momma.

Fast forward several years. I had an important meeting for work so I was dressed to the nines. I felt good! When I got ready to go the owner's wife said "Here, you can take my car" and threw me her keys.

I made a few stops on the way and just happened to run into the loser. He still had a million tales of woe, couldn't find a job to stick with, lived with mom, just the same old crap. He asked how I was doing and I told him I was still at the same job, had gotten two promotions and had bought my house.

Then - I got in "my" Lexus and drove away.

I treasure the look on his face. Never saw him again.

okie
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
Yep, the old boyfriend's coming back to haunt you. I too have a funny story. Years ago...and I mean like 21 years ago, when I was 16, I began seeing a guy named Randy. He was older, almost 22 when we met and in an unhappy marriage. Like an idiot, I fell for him and began seeing him behind his wife's back. Yes, it was wrong and I regret my poor decision making, but it happened. It lasted about a year and I called it quits because it was wrong and I knew that it was going no where. It hurt like hell because I really had some strong feelings for him.

Fast forward 21 years, to just a couple of months ago. My little sister dropped by to introduce me to her new boyfriend. Instantly, I liked this guy and thought he was great. There was something so familiar about him and I was so happy for her. After talking to them for about an hour and hearing about his family, it dawned on me why I seemed to like him so much. He is Randy's son! OMG, I almost choked on my Pepsi when told me who his Dad was.

Unfortunately, his Dad had already put it together and had told his son about me. Aaron just grinned at me and eventually said, "so I hear you know my Dad pretty well." I thought I was going to die. I can only imagine what Randy must have told him.

Andrea

OMG, I think that I would have died!So is your sister still with him?

I had a live-in and the relationship ended badly. He lost his job, couldn't pay his bills, stuck me with all the expenses and couldn't figure out why I sent him home to momma.

Fast forward several years. I had an important meeting for work so I was dressed to the nines. I felt good! When I got ready to go the owner's wife said "Here, you can take my car" and threw me her keys.

I made a few stops on the way and just happened to run into the loser. He still had a million tales of woe, couldn't find a job to stick with, lived with mom, just the same old crap. He asked how I was doing and I told him I was still at the same job, had gotten two promotions and had bought my house.

Then - I got in "my" Lexus and drove away.

I treasure the look on his face. Never saw him again.

I bet that felt great!

MistyWolf
11-16-2007, 09:13 AM
If I bump into my ex fiance it will be with my car .. lmao. I care to never see his sorry ass again.

aussiegirl
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
If I bump into my ex fiance it will be with my car .. lmao. I care to never see his sorry ass again.

Me too. I can't wait till mine is pushing up daisies. That will be a happy day. Can you tell I HATE hime.

I do have another ex, that I love running into. We could really be good friends, but don't think his spouse would be thrilled about it.

On the other hand, I ran into someone I went on a date with years ago, and I didn't remember, he did. Sad thing is, he's really good looking.