PDA

View Full Version : Post Office Vent....

sunflowers
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Went today to mail out a package, the clerk asked what was inside?. I told him PICTURES I even wrote all over the envelope(10 x12 size) dont bend. So what does he do after he slaps the postage on. Throws it through the window into the cart. I said I just told you there were pictures in there. He said" they'll be ok that cart is for fragile packages"
Ok Dumb A$$ do you throw all fragile packages that way? I just wanted to jump over the counter and knock some sense in to him:getyou

freeby4me
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
When I send photo's, I put cardboard around them.
I dont expect anyone at the post office to treat every package with complete care. Its up to me to package it good.

sunflowers
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I had cardboard in there but still......the point is he treated them that way

aussiegirl
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I am here to tell you, you can write Fragile, breakable, ect all over the box. It's still getting tossed all over the place. When that mail gets sorted to be shipped out- it's all tossed into hugh boxes. A fragile box could be the first box tossed into the hugh contanier and then 100 other boxes may be on top of it. Take out the insurance.

squirt661
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Hear ya all, and not to mention the conveyer belts running 200 MPH they also put this stuff on in order to sort it, but, aren't they the same people for a darn stamp on a letter, need an increase a few times a year. There oughta be a law. I guess when you are dealing with the goverment, there is not much else we can do but go along with them. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

pepperpot
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I am here to tell you, you can write Fragile, breakable, ect all over the box. It's still getting tossed all over the place. When that mail gets sorted to be shipped out- it's all tossed into hugh boxes. A fragile box could be the first box tossed into the hugh contanier and then 100 other boxes may be on top of it. Take out the insurance.

I'd think twice about taking postal advice from Aussie...:rolleyes:.....

:slap I hear she's been banned from certain post offices......something about her critique of 'certain stamps'....:stunned

:lol

freeby4me
11-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd think twice about taking postal advice from Aussie...:rolleyes:.....

:slap I hear she's been banned from certain post offices......something about her critique of 'certain stamps'....:stunned

:slap :slap :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Army-Mom
11-13-2007, 06:13 PM
you should see some of the magazines I get. they look like someone jumped on them and then gave them to a little child to play with before sending them on to me.

aussiegirl
11-13-2007, 06:57 PM
:slap :slap :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hate to bust your bubble Freeby, but I think pepperpot meant it in a very funny way. :pray

pepperpot
11-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Hate to bust your bubble Freeby, but I think pepperpot meant it in a very funny way. :pray

Such as was your 'critique-ing" ....:slap

;)

tracey74
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
the post office anymore has been a joke you should see some of the mail I get I got a package the other day and the item inside was broken even though it was wrapped well with bubble wrap and in a box and in a padded bubble wrapped envie.I opened it the box looked like a 1000 pound man had sat on it. I told my hubby if they brought back the pony express we would have better luck with the mail system

chazsgirl
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Went today to mail out a package, the clerk asked what was inside?. I told him PICTURES I even wrote all over the envelope(10 x12 size) dont bend. So what does he do after he slaps the postage on. Throws it through the window into the cart. I said I just told you there were pictures in there. He said" they'll be ok that cart is for fragile packages"
Ok Dumb A$$ do you through all fragile packages that way? I just wanted to jump over the counter and knock some sense in to him:getyou

I have been in line SOOOOO many times and seen people walk away from the counter and their packages go flying through the air like footballs! Those a~~holes don't care what is in there, It's just a paycheck!

ilovecats
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM

Yes!My brother worked as A temp at the PO one holiday season.They were MADE to throw things into boxes so they could work faster.If he had walked over and gently placed your package in the box,he would have been out of A job.I wouldn't even bother wasting my time writing fragile on anything after listening to his stories.

fjp999
11-13-2007, 10:05 PM
My friend sent me a glass bottle of tonic from NY to PA. It was boxed and bubble wrapped and in a padded envelope.

It didnt arrive for a month and when it did arrive we understood why.

The package was completely flat. The bottle was broken and the liquid had poured out removing most of the address. The glass was smashed so fine it felt like she had sent me a t-shirt.

It was insured but to get the insured rate back you had to go thru so many hoops that my friend just gave up on the thing.

I now only trust the shipping companies with tracking and good customer service.

frank

PrincessArky
11-14-2007, 06:33 AM
thats why they make the big bucks lol