PDA

View Full Version : elective surgery ?

dv8grl
11-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Kanye West's mother got me to thinking, she "possibly" died due to complications from a TummyTuck & Breast Lift.

I've never had surgery ~ I've never spent more than an hour or 2 in a hospital. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!

I would just like to know what your thoughts are on elective surgeries. There is no way I would be willing to take the risk of death, let alone all that pain involved for something that WAS NOT MEDICALLY NECESSARY!

earnhardt1
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
so far at my young age i have had 4 surgeries and i always said if i could afford body enhancements i would but after my last surgery i dont think i would want to do it... the last one was really rough

freeby4me
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Well it would really depend on the surgery. For me, I would get my "baby maker" out in a heartbeat if I could, that would be elective though.
I would never get a "nose job" or "boob lift" type stuff. To me its unnecessary.

magenta
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
I was only ever in the hospital to have my kids. I used to want all kinds of things "done". Until I seen it being done on Discovery Health. Not pretty. So setting death aside for a moment, I wouldn't want it done for the disgusting factor. And the pain of it all.

I like Nip/Tuck but I know that is really chicken and play blood! I just buy better bras.

earnhardt1
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I was only ever in the hospital to have my kids. I used to want all kinds of things "done". Until I seen it being done on Discovery Health. Not pretty. So setting death aside for a moment, I wouldn't want it done for the disgusting factor. And the pain of it all.

I like Nip/Tuck but I know that is really chicken and play blood! I just buy better bras.

ita...... i have tmj and was watching on discovery chanel how they realign the jaw and cut your face and i told hubby i will suffer with jaw pain and the fact that it casue terrible headaches and sever pain in the side of my face...
however i have a dr lookin into cuttin on the inside of the mouth and not teh outside

MistyWolf
11-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I would never get a "nose job" or "boob lift" type stuff. To me its unnecessary.

Don't be too quick to say that! .. When I was 17 I had rhinoplasty (nose job) .. doc also said I had a deviated septum, but I went in for a nose job. Why? .. I had a HUGE nose and I am not exaggerating. I had low self esteem from being picked on from grade K-12 .. try being picked on like that and you may have done the same.

I will be the first to say it's the best thing I ever did. Would I get a tummy tuck and boob job? .. Probably not, but if you want one, more power to you.

It was just on TV and Kanye's mom should have done what she was supposed to BEFORE surgery (tests she was supposed to have done) and maybe she'd still be here now.

freeby4me
11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't be too quick to say that! .. When I was 17 I had rhinoplasty (nose job) .. doc also said I had a deviated septum, but I went in for a nose job. Why? .. I had a HUGE nose and I am not exaggerating. I had low self esteem from being picked on from grade K-12 .. try being picked on like that and you may have done the same.

I will be the first to say it's the best thing I ever did. Would I get a tummy tuck and boob job? .. Probably not, but if you want one, more power to you.

It was just on TV and Kanye's mom should have done what she was supposed to BEFORE surgery (tests she was supposed to have done) and maybe she'd still be here now.

Oh I know for others it could be the best thing ever. I tried "Italicising" the "me" word but it dont look like it came out that way LOL I was meaning "me" like "me personally" type thing.

MistyWolf
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh I know for others it could be the best thing ever. I tried "Italicising" the "me" word but it dont look like it came out that way LOL I was meaning "me" like "me personally" type thing.

Oh, I didn't take your comment personal. I am just saying don't say never cause you never know!

And here is the latest on Kayne's mom: http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=284014

MD Says He Operated on Kanye West's Mom
Nov. 13, 2007, 7:47 AM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A plastic surgeon who claimed to have operated on Kanye West's mother before she died said he did nothing wrong, and that her death could have been caused by other medical problems.

Dr. Jan Adams told celebrity Web site TMZ that he performed a tummy tuck and breast reduction on Donda West, but that she might have died from a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or massive vomiting.

Adams said West consulted with him over a period of four months, often changing her mind about the surgery, according to the article posted late Monday.

It was unclear when or where Adams performed the surgery. Attempts to leave a message at a listed office number in Beverly Hills were not successful. A call to a home listing in Laguna Beach was not answered.

The Medical Board of California Web site listed Adams' license as current.

Preliminary information suggested Donda West died from "complications of surgery," said Lt. Fred Corral, a county coroner spokesman. An autopsy was expected to be conducted by Wednesday, Corral said.

West died Saturday night at age 58 at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Marina del Rey after she stopped breathing at her home, according to Deborah Ettinger, a hospital vice president. She was taken to the hospital by paramedics.

"We tried to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful," Ettinger said.

West did not have surgery at the hospital, said Ettinger.

A plastic surgeon, Dr. Andre Aboolian of Beverly Hills, said Monday that West had approached him months ago about having cosmetic surgery. He said he never performed the procedure, telling her he was worried about a pre-existing condition she had.

Aboolian told West two weeks ago that she needed to get a medical clearance before he would agree to do the surgery, said his publicist, Jo-Ann Geffen.

He never heard back from her, Geffen said.

Aboolian was concerned about a condition West had that may cause a heart attack during surgery, said Geffen, declining to elaborate because of patient privacy rights.

"He simply said that in order for him to be comfortable, he felt it necessary to have a medical clearance before he'd touch her," Geffen said.

Geffen said she didn't know if West had cosmetic surgery elsewhere.

"He feels terrible because he said she was such a sweet lady," Geffen said.

Adams told TMZ that Aboolian was "manipulating the truth to elevate his own importance," but didn't elaborate.

The Kanye West Foundation referred calls to publicist Maureen O'Connor, who said in a statement that plans for West's funeral were pending.

"Kanye West, his family and friends would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support and kind words that have come in from across the country since the death of his mother," the statement said.

Reached by phone, O'Connor declined to provide more details on West's death, saying the statement was all that was being released.

Patricia Green, a consultant who has worked as a publicist for West in the past, had previously told news agencies that West died after cosmetic surgery. She backed away from those comments in later interviews with the AP, saying she was not sure of the cause because she had received conflicting information.

West was known for the strong bond she shared with her son, and was often by his side at parties and award shows.

The rapper, 30, often spoke of his close relationship with his mother, who raised him alone after her husband left when Kanye was 3.

The former chairwoman of Chicago State University's English department, Donda West served as chief executive of West Brands LLC, the parent company of her son's business enterprises. She also was chairwoman of the Kanye West Foundation, an educational nonprofit that works to decrease dropout rates and improve literacy.

"She was a fantastic educator," said Brenda Eatman Aghahowa, the chairwoman of the English and Communications department at Chicago State University. "She was very vibrant."

West left CSU in 2004 and moved to Los Angeles to manage her son's career full time.

Aghahowa said it was evident that West and her son shared a bond.

"They seemed very caring; they laughed a lot with each other," she said. "It was clear there was a very warm relationship between them."

dv8grl
11-13-2007, 11:31 AM
For me, I would get my "baby maker" out in a heartbeat if I could, that would be elective though.

I'm the same way, even if I could just get sterilized (having my "tubes tied" or whatever the do now-a-days) I would, thankfully DH stepped up & got a vasectomy. :happy LOL ~ I sound like such a hypocrite, but its hard to find a doctor willing to sterilize a perfectly healthy baby maker. In the Navy, I put up a big stink that the guys could just walk in & get a vasectomy, no questions asked, but when I said I wanted the same thing (u know what I mean) they said NOPE!

PrincessArky
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
If I had the money yeah there are things I would have done after having 4 kids the old body doesnt look anything like it used to and for me it is all about raising the old self esteem

Mom2Shaun
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I think you should be happy with the body you have! But I'd get plastic surgery in a heartbeat! (Yes, I'm a complicated woman! :itsme: ) I'd love to get a mini face lift; I hate to see the lines from nose to mouth and mouth to chin starting!

BigLyd1
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
After having at least five surgeries (not even counting dental surgeries), I've been put under so many times, I guess it doesn't bother me so much. And living in the land of plastic surgery and vanity, I might consider some elective surgery. I'm actually thinking of getting my eyelids done next year. Hopefully that isn't too major though.

Njean31
11-13-2007, 12:11 PM
been there and done it and would do it again. i was relatively young and in good health though and felt really good about my doctor. plus, i am a nurse so i knew what to look for as far as infection, blood loss, etc. it was so worth every penny and the few months of pain.

volkswagon7
11-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I would love to have a breast reduction but the money thing is standing in the way.

okie
11-13-2007, 01:33 PM
I would like to get a tummy tuck because I have lost a lot weight and I'd like to have a breast reduction. My insurance will pay for it. I just need to wait for my kids to get a little older so that they can take care of themselves. There is risks involved with all surgeries.

RNB16
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I've had several surgeries in the past. Non were cosmetic and I'm not sure I could ever go through with one. I've always said in the past I wouldn't mind a breast reduction but I don't think I could handle the pain unless I absolutly had too.

Starlady01
11-13-2007, 03:06 PM
I know I just posted here and it disappeared I thought Halloween was over.

I feel bad for Kayne loss.

I don't believe in elective surgery myself. I'm more into natural when ever possible.