PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Greedy Greedy Greedy!!

atprm
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok, I don't know where else to put this... but I can't really complain on SD (my other home) because they aren't "into" couponing and trading, etc...

(plus over the half the site is guys, and they just would not understand).

On RMC I got this email...

I thought I would fall over when I read it... Talk about GREEDY!!!

I have 3 free coupons for any Edy's Ice Cream. Each is valued to $7.00. I would like to trade each for a $5 gift card, including postage. Each expires 12/31/07. Mail me if interested. LMK what you are offering.

Ok, Edy's is not $7.00 everywhere, and quite frequently it is on sale! Who the hell would pay someone $5.00 for a VALUED coupon of $7.00?? That's worse than Ebay! GEEZ!!!

Willow
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
A lot of times the stores in our area has Edy's on sale for 2 for $5 so what the person is offering doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. I don't need ice cream that bad. LOL

Tasha405
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
A lot of times the stores in our area has Edy's on sale for 2 for $5 so what the person is offering doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. I don't need ice cream that bad. LOL

That's what I was thinking too! lol

iluvmybaby
11-12-2007, 03:06 PM
If icecream was $7 I wouldnt be as fat as I was now, LOL

JewRican
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh, wow! My favorite bitch is here! <3<3

atprm
11-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, wow! My favorite bitch is here! <3<3

yeah... and um... if you want to remain MY favorite bitch you better answer your flippin phone...at the very least you gotta pick up your messages on your voice mail!! :getyou

don't make me DISOWN you like I did a few years ago!!!!

magenta
11-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Yeah me either!

JKATHERINE
11-12-2007, 03:14 PM

LMAO! Me, too! ;)

JKATHERINE
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok, I don't know where else to put this... but I can't really complain on SD (my other home) because they aren't "into" couponing and trading, etc...

(plus over the half the site is guys, and they just would not understand).

On RMC I got this email...

I thought I would fall over when I read it... Talk about GREEDY!!!

Ok, Edy's is not $7.00 everywhere, and quite frequently it is on sale! Who the hell would pay someone $5.00 for a VALUED coupon of $7.00?? That's worse than Ebay! GEEZ!!!

That's way greedy. No one in their right mind will pay that unless, A) They have $7/gallon Edy's ice cream where they live, or B) They're stupid.

atprm
11-12-2007, 03:17 PM
And... another post from the same person...

she has Kroger coupons that say get $60 in free groceries when you transfer 3 prescriptions (she doesn't disclose that it is not a full $60...$20 for each Rx)...

she wants $40 Target gift cards for each of those coupons.

WHAT THE HECK IS SHE TAKING???? Pass me those drugs!!!

JewRican
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah... and um... if you want to remain MY favorite bitch you better answer your flippin phone...at the very least you gotta pick up your messages on your voice mail!! :getyou

don't make me DISOWN you like I did a few years ago!!!!

Snoring induced insomnia, thanks to your Godson and my husband :getyou so I was sleeping when you called. I'll call tonight after I feed the monkeys, right now I gotta go get A from tutoring.

atprm
11-12-2007, 03:43 PM
M has RCIA tonight, so call on my cell phone. :) (funny after they turn 15 they don't do ccd anymore for their confirmation...she has to go to RCIA instead)

PrincessArky
11-12-2007, 05:17 PM
I see alot of greed when it comes to trades on the boards so this doesnt surprise me at all

Shann
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM

completely agree with this comment. And that is absolutely greedy, I'd be pointing those things out so anyone who might think it's a good idea can be warned and if it pisses them off... too bad :getyou

tigger4
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
That does sound greedy. But, where I live Dreyers (it's the same brand as Edy's it just has a different name west of the Rockies) is $6.29. Sometimes it is on sale 2/$7 if we're lucky.

DrGrin
11-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I'd skip buying the coupons and just eat a cheaper ice cream. Even the store brands here are $6 a gallon. It wouldn't surprise me if the name brands were $7 or more.

Someone just had to start a thread and mention ice cream. I don't have ice cream. Now I want ice cream.

swan0002
11-12-2007, 08:20 PM
That's way greedy. No one in their right mind will pay that unless, A) They have $7/gallon Edy's ice cream where they live, or B) They're stupid.

I'd have to go with B)

YankeeMary
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd skip buying the coupons and just eat a cheaper ice cream. Even the store brands here are $6 a gallon. It wouldn't surprise me if the name brands were $7 or more.

Someone just had to start a thread and mention ice cream. I don't have ice cream. Now I want ice cream.

Hoping this is just a want and not a craving??? LOL.

YankeeMary
11-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I'd have to go with B)

I agree with you...B.

atprm
11-13-2007, 12:06 AM
I have a whole bunch of different flavors of Breyers ice cream... and I have Dove bars and Godiva ice cream if someone wants some. :)

lollipopki
11-14-2007, 09:37 PM
And... another post from the same person...

she has Kroger coupons that say get $60 in free groceries when you transfer 3 prescriptions (she doesn't disclose that it is not a full $60...$20 for each Rx)...

she wants $40 Target gift cards for each of those coupons.

WHAT THE HECK IS SHE TAKING???? Pass me those drugs!!!

Okay, she got the coupons for free most likely from Kroger and she wants a $40 GC?? That's NUTS. I never understood the whole coupon trading thing anyways. If I had coupons I would just give them away, lol

YUP, people are greedy!

atprm
11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't seen any more posts come through from her, I think they booted her off the RMC yahoo groups. (for good reason) LOL.

She must have slipped off her medication or something.

Shancopp
11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
oh yeah, I've seen it. I had someone asking me to pay them about .20 per BTFE/CLFE. When I declined, she said make an offer. I did, and she got mad saying I shouldn't have an ISO if I'm not going to pay a fair price. HELLO! They are worth .10 EACH to the school! $2.90 for the 29 she had to offer...why in the heck would I pay her $5.00???? And then get mad at me??

lollipopki
11-14-2007, 09:54 PM
oh yeah, I've seen it. I had someone asking me to pay them about .20 per BTFE/CLFE. When I declined, she said make an offer. I did, and she got mad saying I shouldn't have an ISO if I'm not going to pay a fair price. HELLO! They are worth .10 EACH to the school! $2.90 for the 29 she had to offer...why in the heck would I pay her $5.00???? And then get mad at me??

I guess people are just trying to make money off of something they get for free... I just don't get it, lol... I can understand maybe paying for posting fr a coupon trade or something but to pay $5 or Gc's etc.....

PGiscool
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I guess people are just trying to make money off of something they get for free... I just don't get it, lol... I can understand maybe paying for posting fr a coupon trade or something but to pay $5 or Gc's etc.....

I've got some dehydrated water on sale for 25 cents a bottle!!!!!!!!!!! Want one?!? :lol

JustDoIt
11-15-2007, 07:58 AM
I always thought it was illegal to sell coupons....:confused: But then I haven't always been the sharpest tool in the shed....but even if I was the sharpest tool in the shed.....that would still make me a tool, right?? :slap

:rofl:

Seriously, if a coupon is free, then whoever I know who wants it can have it. I don't get it. Sure, I have a ring of friends who get to0gether and we exchange coupons, but it's not like "Hey....you took a 4.00$ coupon, now you owe me another 4.00$ in coupons". But whatever. Anyone dense enough to give her GC's for that amount deserves to be dinged, IMO.

BigLyd1
11-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Usually when people "sell" coupons on ebay, they have a disclaimer saying they're not selling coupons. You're bidding on their time for cutting and whatever else with the coupons.

Some coupons, like the prescription ones, are in our Sunday newspapers almost every week so I can't see "buying" them or trading GC's for them.