PDA

View Full Version : We had all better wake up and start paying attention!

tsquared
11-12-2007, 11:51 AM
We had all better wake up and start paying attention! On September 8,
2007, from Pakistan, Taliban Minister of Immigration, Mohammad Omar,
warned the United States that if military action against Iraq continues,
authorities will cut off America's supply of convenience store managers.
And if this action does not yield sufficient results, cab drivers will

be next, followed by Dell Computer customer service reps, Motel 6
managers, and liquor store cashiers.

Who knew it would come to this.

It's getting ugly.

tracyb
11-12-2007, 11:58 AM
:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes

tell me this isn't so.....you mean I will be able to understand somebody if I call and need some help

:yikes

JewRican
11-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Racist

dor1969
11-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh crap! Does that mean the end of Dunkin' Donuts too??? Whatever will we do?

atprm
11-12-2007, 02:01 PM
you mean... I ... won't... be ... able...to ... call....the ... GM ... helpdesk...and talk...to ...a ... guy...who...INSISTS ....in... his...heavy...accent...his ... name...is... Franky??

*gasp*

Shann
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM

tell me this isn't so.....you mean I will be able to understand somebody if I call and need some help

oh the humanity! I just can't believe this could be happening, understanding someone when I need help... NO!!!! :lol

lucimPI
11-12-2007, 05:09 PM
I am in shock!!! I just got a call a few minutes ago by a gal who "I think" asked if there was anyone in my house 12-29. I - not knowing what to say because I was not sure of what I heard just said -NO- and whoever it was hung up on me.
I was just getting used to anwering the phone and having to say "HUH"-"Would you repeat that". I really was planning on learning another language just by calling 800 numbers. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

magenta
11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I got a call a few months back from The American Red Cross. The guy had a heavy indian accent. That one still jacks me off.

PrincessArky
11-12-2007, 05:33 PM

lol that almost sounds 2 good 2 be true

okie
11-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Does that mean that we will finally be able to call our bill companies and get an American? Oh wait, that is India!

swan0002
11-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I think I'll stay asleep!

wvinmt
11-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, this is the thread that finally gets me to stop coming here. I can only read so much racisim. I know everyone will say "Lighten up" but I can not. It is one thing to joke and another to cross the line. I will most certainly tell everyone that I sent here to stop as well. Racisim in NOT funny.

dor1969
11-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Well, this is the thread that finally gets me to stop coming here. I can only read so much racisim. I know everyone will say "Lighten up" but I can not. It is one thing to joke and another to cross the line. I will most certainly tell everyone that I sent here to stop as well. Racisim in NOT funny.

It's all in fun. We're making silly, harmless jokes. It's not like we're beheading infidels or anything, like real racists do. So.........buh-bye

tarbabie
11-13-2007, 08:28 AM
I guess that means that motel 6 won't be leaving the light on for me anymore...:rofl:

JewRican
11-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Nope, racism is NOT funny but this is the best we can expect from a guy who likes to send people pics of his wee willy.

pepperpot
11-13-2007, 08:37 AM

I think it's more of a generalization about an ethnic group rather than racism. However, some generalizations are true....there seems to be a preponderance of 'Indian' people running convenience stores, driving taxis and on computer help lines. Just like there are a preponderance of Italians in the marble business, Irish owning bars, Jews being lawyers and doctors, etc......some cultures are just naturally drawn to particular 'industries'......

Starlady01
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
American is prepared as always we are training computers to talk back to us.

I received a phone call just the other day from a computer who acted like he was a human. I think the computer really does think he is a human.

Most of them nowadays are girls but I get phone calls from a man. ;)

haha

Let them leave the stores unattended we have self check out lines also. :)

atprm
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
I got an email from Commercial Exchange (they are a work at home company where you take phone calls for their business)...

it read in big red letters "hurry, positions are limited and you are qualified" (I had taken their required steps for certification in August).

then you go further down and it says "you need to have VOIP so that you aren't charged for long distance calls" "click map to see your calling area"

(the job is to be an order taker for Pizza Hut)

So I click the map... because I was confused as to why I would need VOIP if I had unlimited nationwide calling on our land line.

It's to be a pizza hut order taker for TORONTO CANADA!!!

Um, great!!! Our call centers are in India and Pakistan, where we can't understand what the hell they are saying to us most of the time... and now I would be taking calls from people that I can't understand.

LOL

no thanks...I will pass, eh?

Starlady01
11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
American is prepared as always we are training computers to talk back to us.

I received a phone call just the other day from a computer who acted like he was a human. I think the computer really does think he is a human.

Most of them nowadays are girls but I get phone calls from a man. ;)

haha

Let them leave the stores unattended we have self check out lines also. :)

I hope they install the self check out, we will pay really.
They can also install them into the motels. :)

pepperpot
11-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Nope, racism is NOT funny but this is the best we can expect from a guy who likes to send people pics of his wee willy.

I didn't get the pic but from what I understand it wasn't so 'wee' afterall! :yikes

:slap

ahippiechic
11-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I didn't get the pic but from what I understand it wasn't so 'wee' afterall! :yikes

Yes, it was 'wee'.

And please, in the future, do not bring images like this to my mind. TYVM!

tracyb
11-13-2007, 10:18 AM
oh my goodness....that must have been before I started coming here.....what did I miss back then.....lol...

I am by far NO racist.....I am married to a man that has indian in him and some of my family is if of mixed race........hubby always tells me to not get him mad he will scalp me...lol.....

JewRican
11-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Nope, I saw it and am still scarred from it! :ahhhhh: This recent celeb pic will give you an idea. *NSFW/C* http://perezhilton.com/?p=7844 *NSFW/C* :covereyes

pepperpot
11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
:faint

JewRican
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Told ya! :slap :rofl:

Jackie_Blu
11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
OMG :backaway ewww is right! Gotta go find something to put my brain in a "happy place"..........

PrincessArky
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Yes, it was 'wee'.

And please, in the future, do not bring images like this to my mind. TYVM!

eww yuck now I need soap to get that image out of my head :(

BigLyd1
11-13-2007, 02:18 PM
:sigh: I was away from here for a very long time. But I have a very vague memory of "something." I hope that's not what you guys are referring to.

This is one of those threads that started off with one subject and is going off in a bad, bad direction. :nono :ahhhhh:

tigger4
11-13-2007, 03:54 PM
I was a member at another board and I can remember when that picture went around.