PDA

View Full Version : ever wonder about contest winners??

ladybugva
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Want to start this by saying "I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ANY ONE HERE AT THIS BOARD". LOL Just one of these random thoughts I have had before. Years ago I used to go to a contest forum a lot and there was always at least one person popping up saying "I won the grand prize" or what ever. Unless they post the person's name you can say that and most likely no one would be the wiser. I guess like you can present yourself on any message board to be who you want people to think you are. B/c every one knows that I really am 5'6" 110 lbs and rich. and have kids that never misbehave, write on the wall ,jump on furnature or break stuff :rofl:

freeby4me
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I wonder all the time. But what I wonder about is if the company actually gives away the prizes like they say they're gonna. Im not a trusting individual LOL

Didnt someone on here win a car? That was a couple of years ago, I know that.

I'd like to hear the BIG prizes that people have won. That would be cool.

cabby92
11-12-2007, 09:23 AM
B/c every one knows that I really am 5'6" 110 lbs and rich. and have kids that never misbehave, write on the wall ,jump on furnature or break stuff :rofl:

I'm 5' 10", blonde and 125 lbs. Oh yeah, my dogs don't poop. Ever.

magenta
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I know I wonder. I am in that section all day long. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but other than a bag of cat food and song downloads I don't win anything.

I wonder if they really even give away those "grand" prizes. LOL
Even the lower levels prizes who gets these? I have seen a few wiis & xboxes given away. But I can type "no win" w/ both hands tied behind my back! LOL

It is like a bad drug to me, I keep entering and entering thinking one day...... I am chasing some sort of high that I can't catch!

loris520
11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I think someone from here won a car just a few months ago. Cant remember who though. It was a 2008 mitsubishi eclipse
converable. I think it was from the Spiderman IWG.

DrGrin
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I've never won any big prizes. I never have any luck with instant wins. I do win occasionally from some of the contests I enter through another contest forum like prizetower.com or online-sweepstakes.com I enter hundreds of contests daily.

I don't usually brag about wins. However if I ever do win anything worth bragging about I'll post documented proof that I won it for anyone in doubt. LOL

TMT
11-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I've won a scattered handful of prizes in the $300 to $500 range (a portable DVD player, for instance) over the years, but nothing really huge. And not much at all during the past few months, really...

ladybugva
11-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I think someone from here won a car just a few months ago. Cant remember who though. It was a 2008 mitsubishi eclipse
converable. I think it was from the Spiderman IWG.

Oh yeah that was me, I forgot about that until you posted it...

:star: :rolling:

kidzpca
11-12-2007, 11:39 AM
I won season 3 of Golden Girls on DVD from EZSweeps a couple years ago...

Other than that nada.

Unless you count the fantasy 5 lottery 12 years ago when I won $350 just after I graduated college.

Crick
11-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I won $100.00 from MSN games a year or so ago and won a few little prizes from online-sweepstakes. Have a friend who wins prizes quiet often from online but no big prizes. Some sweepstakes post winners and some require you to send a self adressed stamped envelope to get winners list. Usually when I enter a contest I forget about them as soon as I hit submit, which at my age isn't hard to do. The MSN game prize I never even knew they were having a contest.

witchy1030
11-12-2007, 12:46 PM
I won cartoon networks batman grand prize a few years back that consisted of my sons room being made over with a custom batman bed and shelf unit and the new batman toys (at that time) it was valued at about $12,000.

netsis61
11-12-2007, 01:10 PM
The best I ever won was a camera worth (199.00 arv) on an instant win about 4yrs ago. I also got a 100.00 check once in the mail from a contest that I didn't even remember I'd entered.It said it was first prize and it cashed fine so that was great. Otherwise nada but maybe music downloads too. :)
I would so like to win some of the goody baskets of coffee or something like that even. I just look at it as a harmless hobby-It keeps me from wasting too much money on scratch tickets. LOL

Willow
11-12-2007, 01:29 PM
A few years ago I won a backpack that was made specifically for women. It was really small. I could hardly fit anything in it. It had all kinds of weird straps. I couldn't even figure out how you were supposed to wear it not that I was going to but I was curious. LOL

Shann
11-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I use to do contests a lot years ago and won a few small things, then two summers ago I entered to win a contest (through a local radio station) for a fly away to FL to see Kanye West and actually won! We had a good time, but the venue was outside and by the time Kanye came on we weren't there b/c it was just too hot for me to be sitting in the heat. I'm so sad I missed him, his opening acts sucked butt, wish I would have missed them instead of him :(

but i'm with you, i honestly wonder if they actually give away their grand prizes since so many of them don't post the winners names.

dor1969
11-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Legitimate contests always state in the fine print that you can request the list of winners in writing.

PrincessArky
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I never win anything but I have noticed that the same ppl that win seem to always win..........nope not saying they are lying just that there must be a secret to it or they are very lucky lol

Fred12
11-12-2007, 07:01 PM
I know someone (a member here) personally that won a new mustang but she chose the 25,000.00 instead. I can't say who because I don't know if she announced it on here or not.

loris520
11-12-2007, 07:28 PM
I wish I could win something big. I did win a $50.00 gas card last month and a tee shirt lol oh well better than nothing :)

Mini
11-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I have won 2 ipods from the instant wins here. A 30GB Ipod Video and a Ipod Nano not sure how much space is on it I gave it to my brother. It also came with $100 in iTunes. I also won a $100 cooking.com GC but never won anything huge like money or car or anything(which is the 2 things I need! lol) But hey you never know, Id rather enter them and take the chance of winning then not enter at all and never take the chance its not like it hurts anything just takes a few moments a day depending on how many you enter.

magickay
11-12-2007, 07:57 PM
My best win was $500 Amazon GC at iwon.com a few years ago. I almost delete the message because it looked like one of those "You've WON! (whatever improbable thing)" e-mails. This summer I won one of the iPod Shuffles at the Garnier Fructis instant win game. Haven't won any grand prizes, though.

gmyers
11-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Anybody enter Publishers Clearing House? I've been doing it off and on for 25 years and never won anything. Sometimes I wonder if people really win it or if the people they show are just actors. You'd think someone you know would win it sometime but they don't.

ladybugva
11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I won some bubble gum once.. and a poster on time but I was supposed to print out the confirmation and mail it in but my printer was broken.... I would like an I-pod win that way I don't have to buy it. Any one want to feel sorry for me and give me one? haa haa.

tracey74
11-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Anybody enter Publishers Clearing House? I've been doing it off and on for 25 years and never won anything. Sometimes I wonder if people really win it or if the people they show are just actors. You'd think someone you know would win it sometime but they don't.

yeah but if you watch those commercials they always show someone who looks like they have money although I have seen the prize patrol go through town here one time about 8 years ago but they didnt stop at my house lol

gmyers
11-12-2007, 09:46 PM
yeah but if you watch those commercials they always show someone who looks like they have money although I have seen the prize patrol go through town here one time about 8 years ago but they didnt stop at my house lol

I've always thought that too. The houses they show of the people that win don't look like they need money. They look well off already.

Katt
11-13-2007, 02:52 AM
I know I wonder. I am in that section all day long. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but other than a bag of cat food and song downloads I don't win anything.

I wonder if they really even give away those "grand" prizes. LOL
Even the lower levels prizes who gets these? I have seen a few wiis & xboxes given away. But I can type "no win" w/ both hands tied behind my back! LOL

It is like a bad drug to me, I keep entering and entering thinking one day...... I am chasing some sort of high that I can't catch!

I never win anything anymore either. But, I'm not on like I used to be. I had software on my computer (may it rest in peace) that held all my contests. It had it split into daily, monthly, weekly, and 24 hour entries. Kept track of when I entered, and would make each one available again when it was time to enter again, that way I didn't accidently DQ myself. I used to win a lot. Some small, some a little bigger, and a few times the grand. Never won a car or a lot of cash. Only one trip etc. I think some is luck, but lot of it is how dilligent you are to keep entering etc. I get something random every once in a while now. (last week it was mystery science theatre box set lol) but I know for the bigger stuff, I have to enter more.

Katt
11-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Like someone said, for the big sites with big contests, most of the time you have to send for a list.

I really wish I had time to enter again. I actually used wins (the actual prizes etc) to pay for christmas 3 different years while I was in college, because without them, we couldn't do for our kids, let alone famiy members. Usually too, if it's something online (music, ringtones....stuff that doesn't require me to ship) I'll give it away if I can't use it.

I'm sure some flub a bit about their wins, but that's cool. I know someone that supposedly won about 20 all expense paid trips. *snickers* ahh well though, I'm actually happy with my smaller stuff, because like I said it's kinda fun to give it away. I'll tell my son...KOLBY!! You got mail today...and he freaks out. lol

teenies*mom
11-13-2007, 03:38 AM
the biggest thing I won on here was the Wii - and that was just last week that I did get it - I have won other prizes here and there - but just "little" things -

what gets me is the people on here with one or two posts who win - then there are people on here who play faithfully everyday and don't win anything - hmmm - maybe its me -

magenta
11-13-2007, 05:20 AM
the biggest thing I won on here was the Wii - and that was just last week that I did get it - I have won other prizes here and there - but just "little" things -

what gets me is the people on here with one or two posts who win - then there are people on here who play faithfully everyday and don't win anything - hmmm - maybe its me -

It's not you, I thought of that too!

ladybugva
11-13-2007, 05:41 AM

:yeah

ladybugva
11-13-2007, 05:42 AM
(last week it was mystery science theatre box set lol)

I LOVE that show and am so sad that I can't find it on TV any more... It was so funny used to watch it every Sat.

teenies*mom
11-13-2007, 05:52 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that

dv8grl
11-13-2007, 07:47 AM
my best was a 4 day trip to Disney I won thru a mail in contest, but that was 5-6 yrs ago.

the ATL trip I won this past fall, they posted my name on the TetlyTea site, but, the mis-spelled my 1st name. LOL! http://www.tetleyusa.com/promotions.asp

Anthill
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I try to enter everyday the contest that I see I rarely win, I supposdley won a prize from Pillsbury and I am still waiting on that one LOL.
I enter alot contests from our local radios that are done on line only. I did win a Digital camera I didn't even know that was the grand pirze I just wanted tickets to see a play and the next thing I know I got a digital camera in the mail. I loved that camera, but sadly my 3 yrs old son took salt (don't ask me why) and put it on the lens and broke the camera I was very upset!!! Other than that NOPE

Katt
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I LOVE that show and am so sad that I can't find it on TV any more... It was so funny used to watch it every Sat.

Want it? It's sitting in my car right now, right where I opened it. It has the black and white movies or something. I dunno. PM me your address if you want to, and I'll send it to you.

Crick
11-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I've won a few radio contests also. Usually free dinner for two or movie tickets for two. The radio contest are always more luck being a certain caller or answering a trivia question in order to win the prize.

erinma
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
my biggest winning was $100 from kraftfoods. I am still waiting for my prize from sesamestreet.

I wish I won a house/car. lol

Willow
11-14-2007, 07:34 AM

Kevin likes that too. That's where he got his user name (nedthenanite) from. I also named one of is fish Pearl. It's a white fish and he likes MST3K so I thought it was fitting. LOL

kidzpca
11-14-2007, 11:51 AM
My best win was $500 Amazon GC at iwon.com a few years ago. I almost delete the message because it looked like one of those "You've WON! (whatever improbable thing)" e-mails. This summer I won one of the iPod Shuffles at the Garnier Fructis instant win game. Haven't won any grand prizes, though.

People really win at IWON? Wholly Toledo. I've been playing and playing and playing but NO Wins

MamaFairal
11-14-2007, 12:30 PM
i remember yrs back when Davesbabydoll won a new car on a POP-UP!

janelle
11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
The best contests to enter are ones with few entries. Better chances to win. I have gone to small stores and put my name in the hat and won since they had so few entries. I have never won online.

I went to a Bridal show before I got married and won things. Had to practically drag my now hubby so we were late. Not sure if that had something to do with it. The vendors may have been tired so just grabbed the paper on top. LOL

I won some china and free rental things for the wedding. Didn't get the big prize---a honeymoon cruise though. And I won two T-shirts. LOL, only Ts I ever got.

lauriee
11-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Hmmm I used to enter contests all of the time, i won reg sized bag of mike and ikes, a rice pan worth i think 300.00 and a bookbg full of cool stuff thats it though. oh well, but I think if there is a contest posted, they have to have a winner who gets that prize, there is a federal company that you can report non compliance companies 2 :getyou