PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my 15 year old son

bears984
11-08-2007, 06:35 AM
2 days ago when my son got home from school he was in a really drepressed mood and the school said he was crying at school all day however he would not talk to them about what the problem was and he will not talk to us either. any way he cut himself all up his left arm and said that he wanted to die cuz life was stupid and there was no reason to live. I called the police station and they came and got him and called the care team to come talk to him. They took him to a lockup for suicide watch and he will be there for 5 to 7 days and they said that if they think he needs further treatment that they will move him to another place. We called him last night we only get to talk to him for 10 minutes and that is really hard to do with 4 of us that want to talk to him but last night I let my dd talk to him the most time she is 11 and crying all the time because she misses her brother and she does not understand what is going on. He told her he does not think he will be comming home anytime soon because he is really depressed and does not think he can cope right now. I miss my son but I really want him to get the help that he needs. This is not the first time that he has tried to kill himself it is the 4th time. He does not want to take the med's that they give him to help him and it is really hard to make someone take them if they do not want to. He has found some really creative ways to hide them and not swollow them. Or he will take them and make them come back up. I have cried alot and I will miss him if he has to be away for very long but I know it is best for him to get the help he needs. He has Bipolar disorder which complicates things even more. Yesterday they called and asked me if they could put him on Zoloft and I said yes but told them he is really hard to get to take them meds. Please pray that my son will talk to these people and that he will take his med's and get the help he needs to be a happy teenage boy again.

heartlvrs
11-08-2007, 06:39 AM
oh hon..i am sorry you are having to go thru this....and i feel so bad for your son and the way he is feeling...it is making me cry to read this. My shoulder and ears are here for you...please please please dont give up hope!!! Lord Jesus take this child and place your warm strong loving arms around him and his family Lord. Show him the reason Father God why he was created and how you loved and knew him before he was born. Touch his heart Lord let him let you and love in..let him know he is loved and needed. Turn his mind and heart around Father, just bask him in your wonderful love and mercy. Give strength and calmness to his family Lord, guide them in the direction Lord of how they can continue on and how they may help him. Thank you Father for your love, mercy and all blessings. Amen!

Jesus Hug

Have you ever had a "Jesus hug",
Do you know what one feels like?
If you've never had a "Jesus hug",
I pray one day you might.

A "Jesus hug" is different,
As far as hugging goes;
It's a little taste of Heaven,
Here on earth below.

Only those who love the Lord,
Can give a "Jesus hug";
It conveys God's grace and mercy,
And unconditional love.

Those who give out "Jesus hugs"
Always seem to somehow know
Just when you're in need of one
To make your spirit glow.

And if you ever need one
I hope that I will see,
So I can give you a "Jesus hug";
Just like someone did for me.

By Jan McIntosh

A new commandment I give unto you,
That ye love one another; as I have
loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my
disciples, if ye have love one to another.
John 13:34-35
http://www.faithhopelovechapel.org/images/jesus_hugging_person1.bmp

earnhardt1
11-08-2007, 07:07 AM
wow i felt liek i was reading the story of my life when i was 13/14/15/16 it was a terrible time for me if it wasnt for my best friends i would be dead. she saved me from a puddle of blood and that day i told my gramma i needed help.... i was diagnosed with chronic depression,bipolar,sucidal tendencies,and severe depression..... i was put on prozac adn it saveed me back then now i am 29 and wont take anything but my bipolar is horrible and my depression sucks sometimes......
as a person who went through this my advice is as follows (oh i was also a cutter)........ dont over push him but dont ignore him this is the hardest thing becasue to much love makes ya feel smothered(i have left my husband 2x becasue of this) but not enough makes you fell unwanted..... check on the drug scene.... it can be easily hid even in good kids,my gram had no idea how bad my drinking problem and drug problem were then....i was drinking a bottle of jim beam a night and i was 14 along with weed and beer.....
if you need to talk im here i wish you son well and hope he can get through this.......

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Aww sweetie, (((HUGS))) to you and your boy. I hope he gets better real soon.

bears984
11-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers, he has been away from home so much in the past 8 years and I just pray that this time he will get the help he needs, it really hurts me so much that he does not want to be alive.

justme23
11-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Many continued prayers for your son, you and your family. I honestly don't know what to say. I have a cousin who is in the beginning stages of acting out (due to bipolar). She just spent her first week in the hospital because of it. We don't know what to do to help her, so we just pray.

Adra
11-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Life is so hard sometimes for children and teens. Honey I have already brought him before the throne of God. And I am lifting you up also. God bless you both.

Sassy65
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Aww. I feel so bad for you all! It is a hard time but trust in the Lord and let him take care of it even with a grain of salt of Faith! I will pray for you all. By the way, my ex-husband was bipolar. He was horrible to me and I didn't even know he was dianosed with bipolar. We divorsed many years ago. I found out last year that he was dianosed with it. I got custody of my children last year because of him as bipolar putting my children in danger to do drugs and stuff. I've prayed for 6 years to have them and was patient with the Lord but at times I do wonder why? I'm very happy with my children! I've thanked the Lord for hearing the prayers. The Lord will answer your prayers when you least expect it.

Sassy65

BeanieLuvR
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
((((bears984)))) I am so sorry. I am praying for your son and your whole family.

Mom2Shaun
11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this! I don't know if this will help, but tell him that Winston Chuchill suffered from periodic deep, clinical depression. (He called it "the black dog.") And looked what he accomplished (just saved Britain from the Nazis)! Some of the most famous and creative people that ever lived have suffered through this, and their lives were definitely worth living! I'll pray that he'll take the meds, and I'll pray for him (and your whole family) in general. I can only imagine what a heavy burden this must be for you. Hang in there, and God be with you and your son.

YankeeMary
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
WOW...the hell he must be going through. Hugs and prayers for him. As for you and your family...wow the hell you all must be going through. Hugs and prayers for you all.
First you need to cry and cry. Second, you need to get educated. Thirdly you need to put in place what you learned. Dealing with the mentally ill is one of the hardest things in the world. We deal with it in our family daily. I promise you educating yourselves to the fulliest is your best bet. You all need to understand the "demons" that come with bipolar and you need to learn the proper way in dealing with those demons. You need to be there for your son but not enable his illness. Its a very very thin line. www.nami.org is a wonderful place to start. I have a good bit of knowledge in the mental health field and will gladly do what I can to help you all out. I really feel for you all. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated. HUGS!!!

Army-Mom
11-09-2007, 02:48 AM
I am so sorry for what you are having to go thru. I went thru this with my daughter..and I am also bipolar. My prayers are with you

bears984
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much the center is keeping in touch with us and every time they want to try a med they call us to make sure that we are okay with it so far they have put him on an anti depressent and something to help him sleep as he does not sleep much. We will find out more tomorrow on if he will come home soon or go to another center.

ang in NC
11-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Last yr this time, my daughter ,14 at the time, tried to kill her self. I feel for you. God be with you. We are here for you. It is so hard. Praying for healing and peace for you and your family.

heartlvrs
11-11-2007, 06:39 AM
Thank you so much the center is keeping in touch with us and every time they want to try a med they call us to make sure that we are okay with it so far they have put him on an anti depressent and something to help him sleep as he does not sleep much. We will find out more tomorrow on if he will come home soon or go to another center.

we will keep praying hon!!!

gmyers
11-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I am really sorry for what your son and your family is going through. Depression is the hardest thing to go through and for a child to have it must be really bad. I'll definitely pray for him and you that he'll get the help he needs and that he can feel good about himself and his life. I really understand what he's going through and I hope with all my heart God will take the feelings away from him. God bless him and your whole family.

bears984
11-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Well we found out today that he is going to have to go to another center for at the very least 3 months. I understand why they want him to go and I am behind him and them 100% I told my son I am glad that he wants the help and that he is talking to them and what ever it takes well that is what we will do. I am going to miss him alot.

BeanieLuvR
11-13-2007, 04:59 AM
(((bears984)))

I know the seperation is going to be hard on you but it is what he needs. I am glad he decided he wants the help. That is a big step in the right direction. Continued prayers for both of you.

Mom2Shaun
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm glad he decided to accept the help. I pray that this will be the start of a new and happier life for him and your whole family.

earnhardt1
11-13-2007, 11:34 AM
(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) he is a strong biy with great will to get better it seems so good luck and just be strong for him

aussiegirl
11-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Good Luck him and you.

ang in NC
11-13-2007, 07:36 PM
still praying for you and your son.

janelle
11-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I was almost in his shoes at his age. I know how it feels to be depressed and think nothing can help. Be in despair. Chemical depression is so hard.

Some really good people came into my life who knew how to help and today life is so good. Doesn't seem that way when you are going through it and at such a young age.

I will be praying for him to get through this and on the other side with help from those around him. Life is worth living. Thank God we have meds today that can help and knowledge about such things.

gravittr
11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
i had trouble when i was a kid and this is one of my worst fears with my kids hope everything goes great for u

myspirit
11-15-2007, 04:44 AM
Blessings for your son and your family.

bears984
11-15-2007, 05:08 AM
I went yesterday to pick him up and take him to the new place however they were doing road construstion and I am not good at finding my way so I got lost and by the time we got there his bed was gone. SO he is at a friend of ours house and will stay there until we can find him another bed

Mom2Shaun
11-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh no! So frustrating! We'll pray that a bed opens up immediately.

BeanieLuvR
11-15-2007, 11:21 AM
I can't believe thaey gave his bed away so quickly. :( Praying another bed opens up soon.

dixiechicken
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I went yesterday to pick him up and take him to the new place however they were doing road construstion and I am not good at finding my way so I got lost and by the time we got there his bed was gone. SO he is at a friend of ours house and will stay there until we can find him another bed

Good Luck! My thoughts are with you!

bears984
11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers for our son and our family you have been so sweet to us in our time of need. You have made me cry so many times because everyone here is so nice.

BeanieLuvR
11-22-2007, 05:07 PM
You are welcome. How's he doing, bears? Continued prayers for him.

bears984
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
they have gotten him on some new meds and are keeping a very close eye on him because the med's they gave him they don't normally give to a child but they are helping him sleep and he needs that very much and he is in higher sprits so things are looking up

BeanieLuvR
11-22-2007, 10:43 PM
That is good to hear. I hope the meds keep him on even ground and he continues to feel better. I am glad he is able to sleep. That is such a hard age. My DD went through some problems at that age too.