PDA

View Full Version : Getting Really Frustrated!!!!!!! WOMEN HELP--MOMS

shellayne
11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
OK here I go again. My hubby and I have been trying to get preggo for the last 4 years. With no luck. I had a procedure done in March to get rid of all the cysts and endometrosis. It was like a d/c. I have been on clomid since June with no luck. Today he also puts me on gluophage which is a anti diabetes medication. He said that it hopefully would better our chances with this medication. He has me taking 1000mg a day--2 pills @ 500 each. I don't have diabetes or any other medical problems--as of yet!!!! Has anyone else heard of this? I have done a little research and heard of nothing regarding this. Could shock us and work, but I guess I will try anything at this moment!! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

tammy77
11-07-2007, 02:00 PM
We have been trying for 5 and a half years so I know how you feel.I have done the clomid and gluophage thing.Both together and seperate and didnt ovulate.I have what is called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS)which in a nut shell means I rarely if ever ovulate.For the past year I have been pretty regular and Im not taking anything.I have heard of gluophage helping women ovulate.You might want to do a search on PCOS and gluophage or gluophage and infertility.Im sorry Im not much help but Im a little rusty with all this and dont know where all my info is.I wish you luck and hope it happens for you soon.

lizmolik
11-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Have you ever been diagnosed with PCOS? I was told at an early age that I would not be able to have children because of my hormonal imbalance...At 20, they put me on birth control because I was having some personal issues dealing with that imbalance, not because I didn't want to have kids! I was leery because I wanted children so bad and I thought that taking the birth control would lower my chances of getting pregnant. But I took the chance, and took the birth control, but it was making me an emotional wreck, and I got off of it. 4 months later, I went to the doctor because I was sick, and they told me I was almost 3 months pregnant. After the pregnancy, the doctor told me I had PCOS, and when I took the birth control and then later got off of it, it regulated my hormones and gave me the ability to get pregnant I don't know if this will help you because I am not sure of all the roads you have been down to get pregnant but if you haven't talked to your doc. about this, it could be an option? I hope this helps you out, and best of wishes to you for a little one!!!

lizmolik
11-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, I have never heard of that medicine before. There is a medicine that you can take to help you get fertile, but I am not sure what the name of the medicine is...I will talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what she says, I have to call and schedule an appointment with her anyways! I will let you know what she says!

shellayne
11-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Have you ever been diagnosed with PCOS? I was told at an early age that I would not be able to have children because of my hormonal imbalance...At 20, they put me on birth control because I was having some personal issues dealing with that imbalance, not because I didn't want to have kids! I was leery because I wanted children so bad and I thought that taking the birth control would lower my chances of getting pregnant. But I took the chance, and took the birth control, but it was making me an emotional wreck, and I got off of it. 4 months later, I went to the doctor because I was sick, and they told me I was almost 3 months pregnant. After the pregnancy, the doctor told me I had PCOS, and when I took the birth control and then later got off of it, it regulated my hormones and gave me the ability to get pregnant I don't know if this will help you because I am not sure of all the roads you have been down to get pregnant but if you haven't talked to your doc. about this, it could be an option? I hope this helps you out, and best of wishes to you for a little one!!!

I was told that there is no problems with me or the hubby. It is just a waiting game. Thanks

lizmolik
11-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I was told that there is no problems with me or the hubby. It is just a waiting game. Thanks

Oh okay, just thought I could help! Im sorry! I hope that everything will go great for you, and you have a baby very soon! Good Luck!

JKATHERINE
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
OK here I go again. My hubby and I have been trying to get preggo for the last 4 years. With no luck. I had a procedure done in March to get rid of all the cysts and endometrosis. It was like a d/c. I have been on clomid since June with no luck. Today he also puts me on gluophage which is a anti diabetes medication. He said that it hopefully would better our chances with this medication. He has me taking 1000mg a day--2 pills @ 500 each. I don't have diabetes or any other medical problems--as of yet!!!! Has anyone else heard of this? I have done a little research and heard of nothing regarding this. Could shock us and work, but I guess I will try anything at this moment!! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Yep. My cousin has PCOS and her Dr. put her on Glucophage when she was trying to get pregnant. He told her that she'd have a 50% chance conceiving. I don't remember how long she took it (less than a year, I think) and she did, indeed, get pregnant. :)

Army-Mom
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Just wanted to send you hugs and prayers, My sister in law couldnt get pregnant and they just gave up after 10 years and when they gave up trying so hard she got preg and now she has three children.

tigger4
11-07-2007, 03:27 PM
I have PCOS and have been on Glucophage for years now. It has regulated my periods to the point that I actually have them now.

Sadly, like most women who have PCOS and are insulin resistant I have developed diabetes.

Hopefully the medication will help you.

Shann
11-07-2007, 04:05 PM
sending you hugs and good luck as I have no advise. :hug

tracyb
11-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I have pcos and it took me 5 yrs to have another little one...but I did not use anything...we just said if it happens it happens....now I had some losses til God gave us a miracle with my 5 yr old......good luck and hope it all works out for you all.

okie
11-07-2007, 06:27 PM
When I was a teenager I had alot of problems with my cycle and the doctor put me on birth control. I also had problems with ovulating right. The doctor told me that I would probably never have kids because of it. Well here I am two kids later. So never believe a doctor when they tell you that you can't have kids.

lizmolik
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I have PCOS and have been on Glucophage for years now. It has regulated my periods to the point that I actually have them now.

Sadly, like most women who have PCOS and are insulin resistant I have developed diabetes.

Hopefully the medication will help you.

They never told me you can get diabetes from having PCOS....wow...I better watch that then!

tljohn123
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I've been taking glucophage for about 7 years now. And I have PCOS. And I'm diabetic. But I don't have any kids of my own. Sadly.

iluvmybaby
11-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Have your tried going homeopathic ? Go to your local health food store and ask for a homeopathic doctor, it normally costs about $150 a visit and isn't covered by most insurances but it is WORTH it. I was on handfulls of meds and now I am on two that are less then $30 a month, if traditional medicine has failed, why not try non traditional? Most homeopathic remedies are harmless herbs, make sure you do tell your regular doctor what you are taking to make sure there are no drug interactions. My grandma went to a regular doctor and was on 10 medicines that averaged $1500 a month for heart failure and unregulated blood pressure and COPD, now she spends $150 a month and has a great quality of life. If you need help finding an alternative Dr in your area, please let me know and I will try to help you. God Bless you and your family!

tigger4
11-08-2007, 07:35 AM
They never told me you can get diabetes from having PCOS....wow...I better watch that then!

If you have PCOS you should ask your doctor to do an insulin resistance test. Most women who have PCOS are insulin resistant. Insulin Resistance usually leads to diabetes.

God's child
11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
I have PCOS and my doctor has me on 1500 mg of glucophage per day. I was lucky; I didn't have any trouble getting pregnant, but have problems now that I'm starting menopause. I do have a friend who also has PCOS who had trouble getting pregnant. The doctor put her on glucophage and she now has a sweet 4 year old girl. Good luck.

earnhardt1
11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
i have enometroisis and cysts and was told i was never going to have kids on my 21 birthday i found out i was prego... my beautiful boy is now 8.. but i want another so bad and cant we have been trying for the last 7 years

Mary_Jo3
11-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't have any advise, just wanting you to know I am thinking about you and hope everything works out.