PDA

View Full Version : I have been sick for over 2 wks & it's not getting better

Pepsi4me
11-07-2007, 04:41 AM
I was sick before I started this new job & I'm still sick over 2 wks later. I have a very bad couch-bronchitis & I'm stuffed up. I'am coughing so hard that my shoulders & arms are sore. I feel so exhausted & I'm losing my voice & can barely talk.

I took off work on Monday because I was sick & DD needed to go to the orthopedic surgeon. I think I'm going to call out today & go to the DR's. I'm just so tired & my shoulders feel so heavy & sore. I'm afraid it will turn into something worse.

I just hope they understand at the new job.

freeby4me
11-07-2007, 04:59 AM
(((HUGS))) glad to hear you're getting it checked out!!

PrincessArky
11-07-2007, 06:14 AM
I am sure they will understand after all they are crazy to want you working if you are sick cause there is so much going around........my 12 yr old home sick this week and we aren't sending him back to school until we know he won't make anyone else sick.............I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon

Pepsi4me
11-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Thank you.

I just want to get it taken care of now because next week I have to work extra hrs & it will be busy due to the Thanksgiving meal we are doing at the school on Nov 15th.

PrincessArky
11-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Thank you.

I just want to get it taken care of now because next week I have to work extra hrs & it will be busy due to the Thanksgiving meal we are doing at the school on Nov 15th.

all the more reason to get as much rest as you can now so I hope that you are able to do that :)

Army-Mom
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
hope you get to feeling better soon.

iluvmybaby
11-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Everyone around here has it too, it isn't so bad that you have to take to bed, but it makes you so miserable! My14 y/o bro has had it for two weeks but no coughing, just snotty congestion and a sore throat. We took him to the doctor and all he said was it had to run it's course . Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Mary_Jo3
11-07-2007, 06:56 AM
It's terrible to be sick with the holidays coming up and a new job to boot, you do need to go to the Dr.
Get well soon.

DBackFan
11-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I hope you feel better soon Pepsi. I can't imagine your work being upset..I mean do they want a sick person working with food in a school? Take care of yourself.

BeanieLuvR
11-07-2007, 10:09 AM
I hope that you are feeling better soon. :hug I am sure your boss will be understanding.

MamaArc
11-07-2007, 10:16 AM
:hug get better soon

Pepsi4me
11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Thank you all!

I was so frustrated when I called my primary Dr & couldn't get in to be seen. They even have 3 other offices & none had appointments available. One nurse even said well that cold is going around & you could take over the counter med. I told her I have been on at least 5 different over the counter meds for the last 2 weeks & nothing has worked. I also said that I know that it is not a regular cold & that it's turned into Bronchitis.
Anyway I called around to 3 more offices & nobody could get me in. So I went to the immediate care walk-in that's part of the hospital. I have Bronchitis with a second infection setting in. They gave me a breathing treatment & scrips for an inhaler & antibiodics.
I said so it's ok to go back to work tomorrow & he asked what I did. I told him I work in a school cafeteria & he said to take the meds for 24 hrs before I return.

So I called work right away & let them know that I can't return til Friday morning. They seemed ok with it. I just hope they are & I hope I don't get fired.

freeby4me
11-07-2007, 03:05 PM
I really doubt they'd fire you, you're working with food for kids, they'd much rather you be home hacking your lungs out than all over the food LOL

I really hope you feel better soon and good for you for going and getting it checked!

Pepsi4me
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I just couldn't take it anymore & just trying to talk I had to take deep breaths. I could barely talk.

Thanks everyone!

catdance
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
WOW, you are sick, I work in food sevice and I would thank you for not coming in until you were taking meds and feeling much and I think I speak for the parents and kidlettes's too.
Your co-workers as well.
Feel better, get well, rest.
It is a busy time in life and thankfully for you not a BIGGIE and you can feel better..fast.
Rest and take care!

Mom2Shaun
11-07-2007, 10:34 PM
You poor dear! Yes, just snuggle up with a warm quilt in front of the TV and take lots of naps. You need to get all better before you go back to work! I'm sure they'll understand.

PrincessArky
11-08-2007, 05:41 AM
just try to get as much rest as you came come friday its back to the old grind lol

Pepsi4me
11-08-2007, 05:52 AM
just try to get as much rest as you came come friday its back to the old grind lol

I came home yesterday from the Emergency walk-in & took a bath before heading over to the in-laws for father-in-laws 60th B-day dinner celebration. Got home at about 7pm. I laid in bed reading til 10 pm.

Just going to try to stay in bed today.

buglebe
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I am sure they will understand after all they are crazy to want you working if you are sick cause there is so much going around........my 12 yr old home sick this week and we aren't sending him back to school until we know he won't make anyone else sick.............I sure hope you get to feeling better very soon

Too bad more parents don't feel that way. The ones with children in daycare and many with children in school can't get them back quick enough because they have to be off work too to stay home with the child or pay someone to stay with the child, so lets give them some tylenol and get them back in school with all their germs.

mimi37
11-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Hope you are feeling beter soon. I was in the hospital overnight last month because I couldn't breathe. They gave me a breathing treatment and a steroid. They said it was asthmatic bronchitis. Don't go back to work too soon. I went back a couple days later and I haven't been able to get rid of the cough and still have trouble breathing every day.

Pepsi4me
11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I went back to work today & thankfully they weren't upset with me. I didn't think they would be but you never know with a new job.

I feel a little better than what I did 2 days ago. I think it will take a little while til I'm 100% better. I'm gonna sleep late tomorrow but then I have my oldest sis coming late Saturday night from SC. I have not seen her in 8 yrs so I am very excited.:dancing:

Aloha from paradise
11-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Hope you feel better soon:)

iluvmybaby
11-09-2007, 05:32 PM
I went back to work today & thankfully they weren't upset with me. I didn't think they would be but you never know with a new job.

I feel a little better than what I did 2 days ago. I think it will take a little while til I'm 100% better. I'm gonna sleep late tomorrow but then I have my oldest sis coming late Saturday night from SC. I have not seen her in 8 yrs so I am very excited.:dancing:

I am glad that you are feeling better and that they were not mad at you at work, I will say a prayer for you that you get better soon!

heartlvrs
11-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Get Checked For Mrsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pepsi4me
11-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Get Checked For Mrsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have bronchitis. I had bronchitis all the time as a child & it started coming back a couple yrs ago. I get a good case of it once a yr.

PrincessArky
11-11-2007, 07:40 AM
so glad you are feeling better