PDA

View Full Version : pp fees

chazsgirl
11-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I know I have written this in the past but the more items I list and have people want the more I get mad. I have encountered only a small few willing to pay for the fees I have to encounter. I don't get it! please someone explain to me why I should have to pay these fees if you want to pay with paypal and you want the products. I am fair but please this place is for making a few bucks and banding together to help each other out, my prices are way more thank fair for the items I have so why would some rather pay .41 for a stamp to send payment then pay $1.00 for pp fees? Help I need feedback!

Momof2totsand1teen
11-06-2007, 08:48 PM
The way I look at it is you (the seller) benefit from receiving paypal payments too, because it is immediate payment. No waiting for a money order to arrive in the mail. You can raise the prices of whatever you are selling by just a tad and that will make up for the fees. That way the whole subject of paypal fees does not even have to be brought up.

Heidi
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
It is actually against eBay rules to charge people Paypal fee's. You cannot charge one person a fee and not another. Meaning you wouldn't charge people paying with money order the same fee you want people using Paypal to pay. If you want it paid for, then just add $.30 or whatever it is to your shipping cost and don't say anything.

Willow
11-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Also if you charge too much for shipping ebay considers that avoidance of fees and it's against the rules. Set the starting bid on your item a bit higher if you want more for it but you should never inflate the shipping price to try and cover your fees.

freeby4me
11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
If you originally set the price of the item a little higher then nobody will know you are charging.
Certain people on here ask that you add a dollar (or something) if you are paying by credit card paypal to cover the fee's. Other ask for funded paypal only. I personally dont mind paying a bit more to cover fee's as I'd rather pay by paypal than send a check/money order.

buttrfli
11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
I don't think that shes talking about ebay, I think shes talking about selling here.

If thats the case, I would raise the asking price by a dollar or two to cover paypal fees, that way there is no question about paying the fees :)

DrGrin
11-07-2007, 06:57 AM
If you originally set the price of the item a little higher then nobody will know you are charging.
Certain people on here ask that you add a dollar (or something) if you are paying by credit card paypal to cover the fee's. Other ask for funded paypal only. I personally dont mind paying a bit more to cover fee's as I'd rather pay by paypal than send a check/money order.

I'd much rather throw in an extra dollar for the paypal fees than to have to use gas priced at $2.99 a gallon to pick up a money order that they are going to charge me $1.00 for, then pay for the 41 cent stamp to mail the money order.

I don't know why people complain about a small amount to cover the fees, but I agree with freeby4me. Just add it to the selling price or shipping cost and don't mention that it's to cover the paypal fees.

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
The way I look at it is you (the seller) benefit from receiving paypal payments too, because it is immediate payment. No waiting for a money order to arrive in the mail. You can raise the prices of whatever you are selling by just a tad and that will make up for the fees. That way the whole subject of paypal fees does not even have to be brought up.

personally I would rather receive a money order, I can wait and don't have to deal with pp fees, also raising the prices would be dishonest I set a fair price for what I receive compared to most people on here. It benifits you not me. cash, check, mo are easier for me! I have pp to help people that would rather pay and get their items quickly.

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 08:50 PM
It is actually against eBay rules to charge people Paypal fee's. You cannot charge one person a fee and not another. Meaning you wouldn't charge people paying with money order the same fee you want people using Paypal to pay. If you want it paid for, then just add $.30 or whatever it is to your shipping cost and don't say anything.

pp charges way more than .30 read the pp fees! Oh by the way adding .30 to real shipping costs is illegal with ebay also! Oh also in case you forgot this is BBS not ebay!

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Also if you charge too much for shipping ebay considers that avoidance of fees and it's against the rules. Set the starting bid on your item a bit higher if you want more for it but you should never inflate the shipping price to try and cover your fees.

agreed!

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 08:57 PM

unfortunity I get charged for all payments- 2.9-4.9% +
.30 whether it is credit/debit or funded. I appriciate the people like you that are kind and consider others feelings

DBackFan
11-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Looks to me like you didn't like some of your responses. You can NOT advertise an auction with NO mention of extra fees if its paid by paypal and then AFTER the fact DEMAND that the fees be paid. Not ask but DEMAND when it was not mentioned anywhere in your auction.

Yup folks, guess you could have guessed it was me again. I agreed to spilt the difference with her even though I did not feel obligated but I sent her .50 above my bid and shipping and she refunded it and now says she won't sell it to me becasue I am not fair and don't understand. :rolleyes:

okie
11-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Looks to me like you didn't like some of your responses. You can NOT advertise an auction with NO mention of extra fees if its paid by paypal and then AFTER the fact DEMAND that the fees be paid. Not ask but DEMAND when it was not mentioned anywhere in your auction.

Yup folks, guess you could have guessed it was me again. I agreed to spilt the difference with her even though I did not feel obligated but I sent her .50 above my bid and shipping and she refunded it and now says she won't sell it to me becasue I am not fair and don't understand. :rolleyes:

Dang, you have had some bad luck here lately. I wouldn't have paid anymore than the price she agreed on in the auction. If the fees weren't listed then I wouldn't have paid them. If it was on here she should have made it clear in the auction that payments through paypal would be charged extra fees. Actually on Ebay you can't even do that. You have to either stick it in the starting price or the shipping and just not advertise it.

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 09:30 PM

fees were not demanded I wrote to you that if you CHOSE to pay with pp I ask for a $1 amount to pay fees, you wanted to pay with a mo to avoid that, which I said was fine I would be waiting for your payment over 10 days I would relist then you pay with pp and give me .50 MONTY HALL THIS ISN'T LETS MAKE A DEAL! then you tell me you are going away for 9 days, funny how that's 10 days altogether after I said I would relist after 10days. I think you are dishonest and that's ashame for real honest people that are out here just trying to make a fair honest buck. NO DEMAND WAS MADE, I WROTE "I ASK YOU TO PAY IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY WITH PP".

exact email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBackFan
Hi there
Do I owe you 11.10 for the win? Would you like paypal? Thanks!

Tami

yes that's right, I do ask if you pay with paypal that you add $1 for fees.

Hmmmm....

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Dang, you have had some bad luck here lately. I wouldn't have paid anymore than the price she agreed on in the auction. If the fees weren't listed then I wouldn't have paid them. If it was on here she should have made it clear in the auction that payments through paypal would be charged extra fees. Actually on Ebay you can't even do that. You have to either stick it in the starting price or the shipping and just not advertise it.

it's illegal to "stick" extras in shipping, dishonesty just rolls all over BBS! Doesn't stop my sales, I have had more sales now then I have ever had on here! thanks everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Quote:
Hi there

Tami

Hmmmm......

DBackFan
11-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Thanks for that okie and yes I have had some bad luck but I have made at least 5 awesome deals again just this past week. I am doing Christmas shopping because as soon as I get back from vacation I have to have shoulder surgery. I told her I was leaving Friday for Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for 9 days BECAUSE I AM..lol. I even told her i didn't want it mailed right away if possible.

Oh well I surely didn't need any of the stuff I just hate sellers like this and my name gets brought in because I have the balls to call em out! LOL

Funny how they always start talking about how great things are when they pull this stuff too..lol

okie
11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
it's illegal to "stick" extras in shipping, dishonesty just rolls all over BBS! Doesn't stop my sales, I have had more sales now then I have ever had on here! thanks everyone! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Your allowed a reasonable handling fee in the shipping. Actually if you are charging someone a $1 for paypal fees than that is too much. I sell all the time on Ebay and I have rarely ever gone over a $1 in fees on one auction. I think the last time that happened the auction ended over $100. So much for your honesty. Your over charging paypal fees.

Dback, just curious how much was this item for?

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for that okie and yes I have had some bad luck but I have made at least 5 awesome deals again just this past week. I am doing Christmas shopping because as soon as I get back rom vacation I have to have shoulder surgery. I told her I was leaving Friday for Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for 9 days BECAUSE I AM..lol. I even told her i didn't want it mailed right away if possible.

Oh well I surely didn't need any of the stuff I just hate sellers like this and my name gets brought in because I have the balls to call em out! LOL

Funny how they always start talking about how great things are when they pull this stuff too..lol

the only thing you have is the ability to TRY to trick someone who needs to sell and feel like you need the last word. Have a great "trip" both you and your "balls" lol

DBackFan
11-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Your allowed a reasonable handling fee in the shipping. Actually if you are charging someone a $1 for paypal fees than that is too much. I sell all the time on Ebay and I have rarely ever gone over a $1 in fees on one auction. I think the last time that happened the auction ended over $100. So much for your honesty. Your over charging paypal fees.

http://www.bigbigforums.com/auctions/561121-47-pieces-make-up-fs-ends-11-6-9pm.html

I won with 6.25 bid, 4.60 shipping.

I see now what she is doing too..lol She got a late bid for more money...do the math! :rolling

okie
11-07-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.bigbigforums.com/auctions/561121-47-pieces-make-up-fs-ends-11-6-9pm.html

I see now what she is doing too..lol She got a late bid for more money...do the math! :rolling

That seriously would not have cost more than 30 cents in paypal fees. So who is being dishonest? No where in this auction does it say that paypal fees will have to be paid for by the buyer. Heck, I don't even see a payment method listed. Just the cost of shipping.

chazsgirl
11-07-2007, 09:54 PM
That seriously would not have cost more than 30 cents in paypal fees. So who is being dishonest? No where in this auction does it say that paypal fees will have to be paid for by the buyer. Heck, I don't even see a payment method listed. Just the cost of shipping.

exact fee was .64 PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT READ YOUR PP FEES FIRST!

WWW.PAYPAL.COM
GO TO PP FEES
READ (IF POSSIBLE)!

okie
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
exact fee was .64 PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMMENT READ YOUR PP FEES FIRST!

WWW.PAYPAL.COM
GO TO PP FEES
READ (IF POSSIBLE)!

She should have never been charged any fees. They weren't listed in your auction.

Momof2totsand1teen
11-07-2007, 09:58 PM

I agree with okie. I have over 2000 feedback on ebay and just looked at my paypal account. Here is an example of some of my fees:
$9.00 USD -Fee was $0.51
$13.49 USD -Fee was $0.66
$15.10 USD -Fee was $0.71
$18.27 USD -Fee was $0.79

So chazgirl, you DOUBLE charged the amount of your fees.

Hmmmm...

okie
11-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I agree with okie. I have over 2000 feedback on ebay and just looked at my paypal account. Here is an example of some of my fees:
$9.00 USD -Fee was $0.51

Hmmmm...

Here's a few of mine.

$30.25 USD - fee $1.18
11.99 USD - fee $0.65
$21.98 USD - fee $0.94
$7.99 USD - fee $0.53

Heidi
11-07-2007, 10:55 PM
pp charges way more than .30 read the pp fees! Oh by the way adding .30 to real shipping costs is illegal with ebay also! Oh also in case you forgot this is BBS not ebay!

Pardon me! Apparently I missed the part where you were referring to selling on BBS and not on eBay. Was just trying to make a suggestion! And I realize that Paypal charges more than $.30 as I have been using Paypal for over 7 years. And you are wrong, charging $.30 over shipping cost is not "illigal" on eBay.

Total Amount: $74.80 USD Fee Amount: -$2.47 USD
Total Amount: $23.30 USD Fee Amount: -$1.21 USD
Total Amount: $20.00 USD Fee Amount: -$0.88 USD

JKATHERINE
11-08-2007, 02:12 AM
fees were not demanded I wrote to you that if you CHOSE to pay with pp I ask for a $1 amount to pay fees, you wanted to pay with a mo to avoid that, which I said was fine I would be waiting for your payment over 10 days I would relist then you pay with pp and give me .50 MONTY HALL THIS ISN'T LETS MAKE A DEAL! then you tell me you are going away for 9 days, funny how that's 10 days altogether after I said I would relist after 10days. I think you are dishonest and that's ashame for real honest people that are out here just trying to make a fair honest buck. NO DEMAND WAS MADE, I WROTE "I ASK YOU TO PAY IF YOU CHOOSE TO PAY WITH PP".

exact email:

Quote:
Hi there

Tami

Hmmmm....

If you intend for your buyers to pay extra $ to cover your fees, it is imperative that you state that in your original post/auction. Asking them for money later really isn't okay.

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 05:02 AM
She should have never been charged any fees. They weren't listed in your auction.

This exactly. I only bid on something if I have the correct amount in paypal. How would I know you want me to add a dollar on for fees? My comment that I left before, I meant if you have that stated on the original thread.

krissy904
11-08-2007, 05:54 AM

Wrong Wrong Wrong. I was the late bidder and even though I begged for reconsideration due to differences in time zones (hey, I tried) the seller still insisted on doing the HONEST thing in honoring her bid to you. I'm still scratching my head and trying to figure out how anyone can be so stubborn over 50 cents when she just won probably a minimum of sixty dollars of makeup for less than 12 dollars shipped? I'm not being judgemental, I'm really just trying to understand it. I suppose everyone has a different reason to participate on this forum. I don't do it to prove I am right, or to prove I can gain online friends, or even to prove that I power of persuasion. I come here for one reason...to find bargains, to save money. You guys have fun, I still have some shopping.

Njean31
11-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Wrong Wrong Wrong. I was the late bidder and even though I begged for reconsideration due to differences in time zones (hey, I tried) the seller still insisted on doing the HONEST thing in honoring her bid to you. I'm still scratching my head and trying to figure out how anyone can be so stubborn over 50 cents when she just won probably a minimum of sixty dollars of makeup for less than 12 dollars shipped? I'm not being judgemental, I'm really just trying to understand it. I suppose everyone has a different reason to participate on this forum. I don't do it to prove I am right, or to prove I can gain online friends, or even to prove that I power of persuasion. I come here for one reason...to find bargains, to save money. You guys have fun, I still have some shopping.

i must say, i agree. .50 cents? what a waste of energy spent typing and worry over this. not worth it. i do understand though being upset at trying to add it in later but still, i would just pay it or pay with a money order and never buy from the seller again. chalk it up as a lesson learned. if it were for more than 1.00 or 2.00...i would pitch a fit though. but 50 cent? come on now.

ahippiechic
11-08-2007, 06:41 AM
I wouldn't have paid anything that was not listed in the auction. Hidden fees aren't fair.

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 07:19 AM
i must say, i agree. .50 cents? what a waste of energy spent typing and worry over this. not worth it. i do understand though being upset at trying to add it in later but still, i would just pay it or pay with a money order and never buy from the seller again. chalk it up as a lesson learned. if it were for more than 1.00 or 2.00...i would pitch a fit though. but 50 cent? come on now.

She paid 50 cents extra. The OP wanted a dollar extra. She met her halfway EVEN though the extra dollar was never mentioned in the original thread.

Momof2totsand1teen
11-08-2007, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't have paid anything that was not listed in the auction. Hidden fees aren't fair.

I totally agree. I would not have even paid .50 extra. To me, hidden fees are dishonest.

Tasha405
11-08-2007, 08:54 AM

ITA!

She was fair enough to send you half of the hidden fees you have and that didn't make you happy. So actually you are here complaining about $.50 and the actual fees wouldn't have been $.50 more. Only about $.15. So why not accept that she sent you that much extra , THANK HER and then next auction you just make you sure you add that in your post. She didn't have to send you anything extra since its something you decided to add after the fact.

BlueBerriTerri
11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
When I was a beginning seller on eBay, I made my fair share of mistakes and rather than have the buyers pay for them, I ended up losing money on listing errors. Nothing teaches better than experience, and you're not likely to make that same mistake again. As a buyer, I might be upset about an extra fee that was not mentioned but I do know that Paypal does eat up a lot of profit so I don't complain about tacked on fees unless they are unreasonable. I had $50 transferred from my husband's account into mine and the fee was 1.75. I have a LOT of things to get rid of and I dread putting them on eBay because they are going to fleece me on the listing fees, final value fees, and then the Paypal fees.

ahippiechic
11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
I started to bid on that auction, I really wanted that make-up. So glad I didn't now!

chazsgirl
11-08-2007, 03:45 PM
$9.00 USD -Fee was $0.51

Hmmmm...

I have a premier account and listed in their fees section it states 2.9-4.9% + .30 please have some reading ability!

chazsgirl
11-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Pardon me! Apparently I missed the part where you were referring to selling on BBS and not on eBay. Was just trying to make a suggestion! And I realize that Paypal charges more than $.30 as I have been using Paypal for over 7 years. And you are wrong, charging $.30 over shipping cost is not "illigal" on eBay.

Total Amount: $74.80 USD Fee Amount: -$2.47 USD
Total Amount: $23.30 USD Fee Amount: -$1.21 USD
Total Amount: $20.00 USD Fee Amount: -$0.88 USD

to "add" a charge is illegal I have been a member since since 2000 and have almost 300 feedbacks and I know what rules are and you cannot add to shipping ebay will suspend your account if there are 3 strikes for giving the wrong shipping or charging more shipping then for real.

chazsgirl
11-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I started to bid on that auction, I really wanted that make-up. So glad I didn't now!

me too!

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 03:51 PM
me too!

Me 2 what? You're glad you didnt screw over a moderator? Yea I guess that is a good thing to be glad about.

chazsgirl
11-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Me 2 what? You're glad you didnt screw over a moderator? Yea I guess that is a good thing to be glad about.

no one screwed over anyone except for the lier that said I demanded a charge when I specificly stated "i ask you to pay $1 for paying by pp"

here's a few things:
IF YOU CAN READ!

Fees
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAYPAL FEES:

Personal Account Premier/Business Account
Open an Account Free Free
Send Money Free Free
Withdraw Funds Free for bank accounts in the U.S
Fees for other withdrawal options Free for bank accounts in the U.S
Fees for other withdrawal options
Add Funds Free Free
Receive payments funded by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer or PayPal eCheck Free 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD
Receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit 4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)** for domestic or U.S. transactions

2% + applicable Fees Fees for cross border payments

4.9% plus $0.30 USD for card payments received using PayPal on Skype 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD
Multiple Currency Transactions Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee**
Fees for cross border payments Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee**
Fees for cross border payments

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ebay:

Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for mailing, packaging, and handling the items they are selling. While eBay will not prescribe exactly what a seller may or may not charge, eBay will rely on member reports and its own discretion to determine whether or not a seller’s shipping, handling, packaging, and/or insurance charges are excessive. Shipping and handling fees may not be listed as a percentage of the final sale price.

Sellers who want to be sure they are in compliance with this policy may charge actual shipping costs plus actual packaging materials cost (or less).

In addition to the final listing price, sellers are permitted to charge:

Actual Shipping cost: This is the actual cost (i.e. postage) for shipping the item.

Insurance: Sellers offering insurance may only charge the actual fee for insurance. No additional amount may be added, such as “self-insurance”. Sellers who do not use a licensed 3rd party insurance company may not require buyers to purchase insurance. This is a violation of state law.

Tax: Only actual applicable federal, state, country, city, VAT, and equivalent taxes may be charged.

For cross border transactions, sellers may not collect tariffs and duties. However, buyers may be responsible for actual, applicable tariffs, and duties as requested by respective country laws.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

:rules :rules :rules :rules :rules :rules :rules :rules :rules :rules

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 04:09 PM
You know what, you are being awfully RUDE. Plain and simple, RUDE.

Not once on your original post did you state "Add $1.00 if you're paying with paypal"

I gladly add the fee's IF SOMEONE STATES SO.

I DO NOT BID UNLESS I KNOW THE FULL AMOUNT REQUIRED.

What part of that is not getting through to you, or can you not read all the responses on here??

choggie
11-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I am sorry to get in the middle of this very amuzing display but I think that it is not too much to ask for $1 for paying with a service that I choose to pay with. I have delt with this member and I think that she is way more than fair and that this just looks like 1 huge click. I think you really don't need to bold face your words or make them times 100 to get a point across, the only one that should be fighting are the people involved, feedback is what she asked for and you attack her, I haven't been on this place for a long time, and don't know much but I do know a gang fight of 50 against 1 when I see it. Leave her alone and please try to get some sort of activites to do better than bashing a nice women just trying to survive like the rest of us!

ahippiechic
11-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Your right, 1.00 isn't too much to ask for. But to have that 1.00 as a hidden fee is isn't right. The other person might not have bid if she had known beforehand that there were going to be extra fees that weren't disclosed.

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I am sorry to get in the middle of this very amuzing display but I think that it is not too much to ask for $1 for paying with a service that I choose to pay with. I have delt with this member and I think that she is way more than fair and that this just looks like 1 huge click. I think you really don't need to bold face your words or make them times 100 to get a point across, the only one that should be fighting are the people involved, feedback is what she asked for and you attack her, I haven't been on this place for a long time, and don't know much but I do know a gang fight of 50 against 1 when I see it. Leave her alone and please try to get some sort of activites to do better than bashing a nice women just trying to survive like the rest of us!

She asked, I answered and then when I found out the TRUTH I responded again.

I wont deal with someone who's not honest.

Asking for more money AFTER the fact is DIS-HONEST.

DBackFan
11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
This "choggie" person just sent me a PM asking me to send her Free item coupons. I am like WHO are you? LOL

You know its not about the money, its a matter of principal. I would have paid it too if she hadn't gotten so snotty. There are WAAAAY to many awesome trdaers here to worry about it anymore. ;)

freeby4me
11-08-2007, 04:35 PM
This "choggie" person just sent me a PM asking me to send her Free item coupons. I am like WHO are you? LOL

You know its not about the money, its a matter of principal. I would have paid it too if she hadn't gotten so snotty. There are WAAAAY to many awesome trdaers here to worry about it anymore. ;)

Ya know, something dont sound right about "choggie" supposedly they've traded with Chaz before, but neither of them left each other feedback? That was over a month ago.

Like I said before Tami, you know I would be right here dogging you if you did something wrong, Im hardly "taking your side" or anything.

I wont name names but in the past I have traded with a couple of people who have right in their post "Please add $____ if you pay in paypal. So I do, because I can calculate it into my cost. Im limited on my paypal, right now I have 3.47 in there. If I bought something that cost 3.25 to get and ship, I couldnt very well add a dollar to that now could I?
I call sneaky fee's dis-honest.

Memedav
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind paying $1 extra IF I knew upfront and figured that into my bid. However I'd be a little ticked if I were asked to send more money than the winning bid plus shipping.

It's really pretty simple, if you don't like pp fees you can either 1.) Totally eliminate it as a payment option, or 2.) Just start your auction for $1 (or whatever amount) more so that it covers the fee.

I would assume that if you just started it $1 higher you would still have bids and neither party would feel like they were getting the short end of the stick.

krissy904
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM

Let me get this right....
for the principal, not the money, you missed out on a heck of a bargain make-up deal. For the principal, not for a mere 100 pennies, you missed out on almost 50 really cool and quality make up pieces for less than twelve dollars shipped, and absolutely for the the principle but certainly not for less change than probably hiding in the cushions of your couch, you passed on make-up that you obviously were interested in that would have cost you not even 25 cents an item, shipped. Hmm. Well, I hope it works for you. You certainly got to present a pretty good case for why you should be right. And that's really all that matter's, right? I mean, it's not the money, it's just the principle and the fact that you were right. You felt you were wronged and darn it you even have a little fan club on your side, so you must be right. Gosh, I hope you feel better after this incident. I'll tell you what. The next time you find yourself in a postion like this, how about if I pay the dollar (or heck, even 2 or 3) in question and you can still win AND end up with the item that prompted you to bid in the first place. Or does a peaceful resolution break all of the rules?

Oh and to "Choggie", I am not sure what coupon you were requesting, but if you PM me and I have the coupon, it is yours. Heck, I give away coupons all the time....and ya know, it's always about the principle, not the money, right DBackFan? This place is becoming more and more entertaining by the day.

freeby4me
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
And yet again, Tami isnt the one starting a thread about it.

And yet you are the one bringing the thread back up again.

The only "fan club" any of us belong to is the "doing right" club. Not that hard to join ya know.....

JKATHERINE
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
:withstupid: Yeah, what she said....

I'm not part of any fan club and I agree. The plain and simple point (call it the principle if you will) is that the seller did not include any other fees in her listing of the item. Whether the buyer got an amazing deal or not, the seller still tried to squeeze more money out of her by adding on a hidden fee. Hidden fees are wrong and most definitely dishonest.

Had the seller included a note that told her potential buyers that she intended to charge $1.00 to cover PP fees, I'm almost 100% sure that the exact same bidders would have bid in the exact same manner. It most likely would not have scared them off since they would still be paying a very reasonable price for a large quantity of goods.

That being said, the seller's attitude here has been enough to perhaps scare off quite a few future potential buyers...:thumpdown:

krissy904
11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
And yet again, Tami isnt the one starting a thread about it.

And yet you are the one bringing the thread back up again.

The only "fan club" any of us belong to is the "doing right" club. Not that hard to join ya know.....

I apologize but I do not know who Tami is (DBackFan?). Also, I just noticed that I did indeed respond to a message from yesterday and you are right, I should have dropped it, so I will take you lead and join the "doing right" club, beginning with dropping this. I was not trying to attact anyone, I was actually attempting to counter what I though were attacks at the original poster. It doesn't matter now. You are right. I aplogize for letting myself get far far too involved in something that was none of my business. Have a great night dream of Black Friday specials!! Krisytn

dv8grl
11-10-2007, 05:48 AM
when I specificly stated "i ask you to pay $1 for paying by pp"

YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED THAT IN THE AUCTION ITSELF, not when payment was due!

tarbabie
11-10-2007, 05:51 AM
tell them they have to have existing funds - non credit card based- I refuse to pay PP fees cause I have a non credit card account...

dv8grl
11-10-2007, 05:52 AM
nevermind...

Shancopp
11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
tell them they have to have existing funds - non credit card based- I refuse to pay PP fees cause I have a non credit card account...

OP once told me that cc pp and existing funds pp are charged fees. I only use existing funds (both sending and receiving) and have never pd a fee.

earnhardt1
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
it depends on how much and if im told prior

whatever
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM

Well they sure as heck don't police it very well. cause it happens all the time.
I will be looking at something like a gc for a penny and the shipping is $6
Hello!!!

freeby4me
11-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Well they sure as heck don't police it very well. cause it happens all the time.
I will be looking at something like a gc for a penny and the shipping is $6
Hello!!!

Well sometimes I dont mind. I found a place that sells violins/fiddles for a penny but shipping is 40 bucks. Thats cheaper than any other place sells them PRIOR to shipping. Good deal.