PDA

View Full Version : That $5 Off Cpn For Pooly Pocket & Dumb K-mart

chazsgirl
11-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I Had A Crazy Time @ K-mart Tonight Just To Get A Free Polly Pocket Toy, I Had This Dumb Cashier Have No Idea What To Do, Of Course, She Asks Another Employee And They Tell Me The Item Has To Be $5(what I Bought Was $4.99) She Asks Another Employee And They Say I Have To Purchase An Item Over $5. Afetr Arguing The Cashier Puts In $1.67 Mfr Coupon, I See Everything So I Asked What The $1.67 Was And She Replied With "i Figured You Would Be Greatful, Something Is Better Than Nothing" What!?? I Wanted Free Not $$ Off. I Ask To Speak To A Manager Some Guy Returns Telling Me The Same Thing Again About Not Being Able To Use The Cpn, I Very Angry @ This Point Tell Him Again I Wanted Someone To Speak To Face To Face! This Women Dressed Unlike A Manager Comes Over And Proceeds To Yell @me & Stick Her Face In My Face And And Very Loudly Tell Me That I Have To Spend Over $5 To Get This, Naturally My Response Is Not A Good One & Told Her Not To Yell @ Me & Who Does She Think She's Yelling @, Well Surprised She Lowers Her Voice And Claims To Be Hearing Impaired(sure), So Needless To Say I Got The Polly Pocket But It Took Like Over 35mins To Get Her To Put It In My Bag Without Ringing It Up. I Wrote The Names Of Both Of Them Down Infront Of Them(just To Let Them Know That I Was Contacting K-mart About Them) Well The Funny Part Was Afetr I Grabbed My Bags I, In A Very Low Voice Thanked Her(the Hearing Impaired Manager) And She Told Me "your Welcome Have A Great Night" Well If You Were Hearing Impaired How Could You Have Heard That. Duh! I Had To Be One Of Those Customers To Cause A Scene Just To Get A Freakin' $5 Polly Pocket! (excuse Me $4.99) Has Anyone Else Had This Crazy Issue?

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
The other day at Walgreens, I had a free coupon. It said the value was up to $10.00.

The clerk made me pay the tax even though the product rang up under $8.00. She said it was policy that you have to pay the tax even if the coupon would cover it. Sounds like a stupid policy to me, but I paid it anyway.

That must have been really embarrassing to have that manager yelling at you like that. There is one at Wal-Marts here that does that, and claims to have a hearing problem. I hate having to talk to her because everyone will turn and stare at you like your causing a scene or something.

Glad you got your way after having to go to that much trouble. :)

lizmolik
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I had an incodent at our local walmart, but they didnt want to accept it because it was an interenet coupon (of course), I ended up having to bring them their own coupon policy and they gave it to me finally! The manager gave me hell about it...but she changed her mind real quick when she read the coupon policy!

chazsgirl
11-04-2007, 09:57 PM
The other day at Walgreens, I had a free coupon. It said the value was up to $10.00.

The clerk made me pay the tax even though the product rang up under $8.00. She said it was policy that you have to pay the tax even if the coupon would cover it. Sounds like a stupid policy to me, but I paid it anyway.

That must have been really embarrassing to have that manager yelling at you like that. There is one at Wal-Marts here that does that, and claims to have a hearing problem. I hate having to talk to her because everyone will turn and stare at you like your causing a scene or something.

Glad you got your way after having to go to that much trouble. :)

yeah walgreens does do that I had to pay the tax on one I got there, which it was fine but so dumb.
Well the hearing problem thingbeing a lie got me because my husband is visually impaired and that is kind of poking fun @ impairments, how rude.
always remember in retail the louder you are the more you walk away with!

Heidi
11-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I think Kmart has been by far the worst for everyone trying to use the Polly coupon as well as their own stupid free candy coupon.

Willow
11-05-2007, 04:38 AM
If you knew the coupon stated that you have to spend $5 or more why did you try to get away with using it on something that was $4.99? I know it's only one penny more but the coupon did say $5 or over.

magenta
11-05-2007, 05:03 AM
This is why I do NOT use internet coupons. Not worth the hassle. If it did say $5 & over, well.......

BlueBerriTerri
11-05-2007, 05:03 AM
I have to agree with Patchouli, it's nitpicky----yes, but it did say $5. Glad you got it though.

PrincessArky
11-05-2007, 05:15 AM
well I just looked at the coupon and it says up to $5 so basically the girl should have simply made the coupon 4.99 and gotten on with life

ahippiechic
11-05-2007, 05:30 AM
Yes, it says UP TO 5.00, so 4.99 is ok. I used 2 of them at Kmart with no problem, BUT had a problem getting them to take THEIR OWN 5$ off 20$ Mattell coupon. I told the cashier that it is on the front page of their own website and she said, "Kmart has a website??"

PrincessArky
11-05-2007, 05:37 AM
she said, "Kmart has a website??"

lmao

magenta
11-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Well then I strike what I said about $5 & up. But I stick to this is the reason why I do not use internet coupons. So much of a hassle. Know wonder Kmart has been on the down hill slide.

Heidi
11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
The best place I have found so far about using internet printed coupons is Target. I used one of the Polly one's at Toys R Us yesterday and had some issues.

Willow
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, it says UP TO 5.00, so 4.99 is ok. I used 2 of them at Kmart with no problem, BUT had a problem getting them to take THEIR OWN 5$ off 20$ Mattell coupon. I told the cashier that it is on the front page of their own website and she said, "Kmart has a website??"

That's different then. I thought she meant that the coupon was for $5 off and not up to $5.

Qtxann315
11-05-2007, 02:51 PM
I had an incident with one of the stores before and now when I have a printed coupon I call the store ahead of time and ask the manager if they accept printed coupon and then head out.

sunflowers
11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I had a problem using the polly at Kmart told me they dont take internet coupons.
Walmart, Target, TRU all took them and scanned them no problems!