PDA

View Full Version : Peoples Treatment of Animals URRRRRRRRR

sultra1
11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
First i will give some backgroudn info here. I love animals. All kinds. I treat them like they are my babies. At one point, I had 13 cats do to strays/unwanteds. I coudlnt' afford the proper care and the human society here is NOT a no-kill facility. So i stopped taking them in becasue of the cost and soem other issues with spraying. Anyhoo, I had 5 until yesterday.

My Daughter and Father went to the rabies clinic. She comes home with a cat. :whistle A well taken care of BIG kitty. Unspayed of course. I guess the story was a woman brought two cats to the clinic. The womens plan was to get someone to take the one cat as it was a stray and if she coudlnt' find a hoame she was going to kill it. :slap

Excuse me, I mean WTF?????? I give the women credit for trying but MY GOD!! I dont' need another animal. (i know some of you get drop offs as wella s your houses so youc an relate). What am I to do? Alow it to be KILLED causei it's unwanted and perfectly healthy...

Two cats for one women too many? Good grief. Well I decide to call this women to find out the fluffy ball of furs history. I used the rabies info. (she told my daughter she would give it it's shots ONLY of she was taking it) THe women gives a disconnected number... ASSHOLE!

So i am doing the MORAL thing and keeping big fluffy. But ya know, peoples stupidity pisses me off.

tammy77
11-04-2007, 12:09 PM
I just want to say that I think you are a great person to take in this cat and give it a good home.This is the reason I dont go to animal shelters.I have 2 furbabies(puppies)of my own.They are my children and I treat them that way.They are both spoiled rotten.I dont know how people can treat thier animals they way they do.It really pisses me off.

sultra1
11-04-2007, 03:56 PM
I just want to say that I think you are a great person to take in this cat and give it a good home.This is the reason I dont go to animal shelters.I have 2 furbabies(puppies)of my own.They are my children and I treat them that way.They are both spoiled rotten.I dont know how people can treat thier animals they way they do.It really pisses me off.

Awwwww. I get like that if i go to the shelter. I wantto save them all. thank you for the compliment and i hope you and your furbabies are blessed with good things :)

magenta
11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
I get dropped cats @ my house, (corner lot in a rural area) it really pisses me off. All the shelters around here are full and will NOT take any more cats. I had a pregnant one that had 6 kittens. It took so long to find homes. I even had someone bring one back cuz it didn't like their dog! WTH, it wasn't even 2 full days. I am now down to my original cat. I feel for you, and agree people are twits.

sheila_361
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
one of my dogs is a drop off, when I moved into my house, we had some people, who asked if we wanted this precious 4 month old baby half rottweiler and lab mix, had I not taken her in they were just going to leave her to fend for herself, they even told me this. And my other dog, I adopted from the Humane Society when she was a month old.

Shann
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
you are truly a great person. I don't know what ppl think. Here the shelters are full (most unaltered :mad:) tons of animals are posted on craigslist every day and a lot of them get left behind. Would people seriously do this to their children? (I'm guessing some would...) How can they justify doing it to another living being. It's so sick. I have a hard time going to the shelter as well, where I'm from there is a very tiny little shelter, out here they are huge and I end up crying through most of them knowing so many precious animals don't have homes. As long as I'm living all of my babies will be well taken care of.

iluvmybaby
11-04-2007, 09:38 PM
It sounds like your community should try to organize a low cost/free spay/nuetar clinic in your area, call all the local vets and see what you can work out, our local vet does this 1 day a month for 8 hours a day, it is like $20-$30 . You are a wonderful women to help an animal out in need, I love animals too!

sultra1
11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and special thoughts. ANd thank you all for being you and caring and loving all creatures (this makes me so warm and fuzzy feeling) TO me everyone who has posted so far sound slike they have a really big heart!!!! SMOOCHES AT YA!!!

THe spay neuter program up here stopped helping. Maybey i should make some phone calls to vets :) Great idea.

PrincessArky
11-05-2007, 05:43 AM
we are trying to get rid of the 2 dumped dogs one a rat terrier and the other a chocolate lab and as much as I cant keep them although they have been here over a month now :( Even the Humane Society cant take them as they are full and I don't have the heart to take them down to the animal shelter because I know how fast they kill them :( I would never want them killed or just dump them off anyone else so you are doing a good thing :) There aren't enough of us that are willing to save the ones nobody wants so just be proud :)

Mary_Jo3
11-06-2007, 09:22 AM
You are a wonderful person to take in so many of the "throw away animals", I wonder about people. It makes me sad to think that they are also teaching their children that if you don't want it just dump it and it will find a new home. Well if a person can't find an animal a new home how will it do it on it's own. God Bless You for having such a big heart.
I have 2 coupons for Iams one is save $5 on Digestive Care Dry Cat food and the other Save $3 on Dry Cat food, both are for any size so maybe you could get the smallest bags free. They expire on 06/30/08 and if you PM me with your address I will mail them to you for free.

tarasdream
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
i have 10 strays at my house that i feed im always trying to find free coupons for free catfood to feed them, my daughter tells me to quit feeding them but i cant! i cant let them starve. i have had three newborns dropped off in my neighborhood in the last month and i have too keep them alive until i can find them homes. people make me sick how they treat animals!

PrincessArky
11-07-2007, 06:09 AM
We have great news........I have a man that is supposed to come and get Scamp (the little rat terrier that my 3 yr old named lol). My brother carried him home with him this week to Benton hoping to find him a home with no luck so now this afternoon I have to drive a couple of hours to go get him but well worth it since he is getting a home. We had a call about the chocolate lab but then she phoned back when I was gone and told my son that her and hubby needed to think on it more so that doesnt look promising but we are still gonna keep trying. She is such a sweety and if we didn't have 3 big dogs already we would keep her but alas our black lab, Trixie is so jealous that she is just down right mean to Princess, the chocolate lab. So keep your fingers crossed that we can find her a great home soon.

Mary_Jo3
11-07-2007, 06:46 AM
i have 10 strays at my house that i feed im always trying to find free coupons for free catfood to feed them, my daughter tells me to quit feeding them but i cant! i cant let them starve. i have had three newborns dropped off in my neighborhood in the last month and i have too keep them alive until i can find them homes. people make me sick how they treat animals!

I offered the coupons to Sultra1 first and PM'd her if I don't get a reply I will be happy to send them to you if you would like.

Aloha from paradise
11-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I spend more money on all the stray cats we have then my own cats. People just leave them when they move. How the hell anyone could do that just makes me sick. We have more strays then we have of our own cats. The word is out on the street that if you want love and attention come on down to the Browns house. We have one stray we call stalker because he is always right by you but is afraid of people. It's taken some time but once in a while i can pet him. I hate people who have disposable animals!:getyou

PrincessArky
11-11-2007, 07:39 AM
I hate people who have disposable animals!:getyou

ITA

great news our little extra rat terrier, Scamp went to his new home on Friday and our extra lab, Princess is going to her new home on Monday so hopefully they will both be happy and healthy with their new families for many years to come :)

nanajoanie
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
My BIL used to have nearly 30 drops-offs and strays. He about went broke feeding them, spaying and neutering them, getting rabies shots, but he did it. When he died last year they all had to be rounding up with cages and surrendered to animal control. Only found homes for 2. I could never take in a "swandered in" critter. But I do give coupons and samples to the animal control when I go by there place and also always buy a bag of dog and cat food for them.

I commend anyone who has taken in and kept and loved strays. And the animals thank you for the love.

nightrider127
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
My heart just breaks when I think of all the good animals that get put down. We have 2 furbabies, Gracie the spoiled rotten rat terrier who actually belongs to our son and Dollar, a beagle who thinks that I am his personal property. Gracie came from the pound, Dollar was found wondering around at the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Ky airport. I don't know why their owners put them out like they did, both are wonderful pets.

sultra1
11-12-2007, 02:03 PM
you guys are all woderfulll for what you do. and thanks for the coupon offer i am still wating for them to get here. i have 6 cats now... i also took a pic of the new one so i can post it hopefully later. shes real big....

jsut stopping in to tell you all how wonderfull you are and to give some updates

PrincessArky
11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
I am just glad that there are several of us that take them in :) Just got off the phone with my brother who took our little Princess (the chocolate lab) to her new home in Little Rock. He said she was great in the car and the man was thrilled to get her. He even came with a leash and a doggie biscuit and put her in the front seat of his car so I am so happy sounds like she went to a wonderful home :)

Mary_Jo3
11-13-2007, 07:16 AM
you guys are all woderfulll for what you do. and thanks for the coupon offer i am still wating for them to get here. i have 6 cats now... i also took a pic of the new one so i can post it hopefully later. shes real big....

jsut stopping in to tell you all how wonderfull you are and to give some updates

You should be getting them anyday, I live in IL.

sultra1
11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Got my coupons today, thank you so much :):dancing:

lollipopki
11-14-2007, 09:41 PM
People like that make me sick! One of our cats we resued from the snow when he was just a tiny baby. Someone didn't want him and threw him out in the cold and snow! He was only about 8 weeks old...:(

PGiscool
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I agree with you. It bothers me that so many people try to get rid of their animals for stupid reasons... "She jumps" or "I didn't know he'd get that big" or "I just don't have the time to give her the attention she needs."

Bull crap. You just are too lazy to take the time to take care of your responsibilities! :mad:

PGiscool
11-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I agree with you. It bothers me that so many people try to get rid of their animals for stupid reasons... "She jumps" or "I didn't know he'd get that big" or "I just don't have the time to give her the attention she needs."

Bull crap. You just are too lazy to take the time to take care of your responsibilities! :mad:

PGiscool
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Whoops, sorry for the double post.

lollipopki
11-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Our neighbor let's their dog run around the neighbor hood loose, never lets her in even when it's raining or snowing or cold and even left her by herself for one week when the went on vacation. So we let her in our house and keep her on the enclosed porch at night with our lab. She is over here everyday now. I guess they don't want her getting their house dirty.

We asked if we could buy her from them and they said no...... Wierd.. They don't want to take care of her and she is a sweetie!

PrincessArky
11-15-2007, 05:11 AM
I truly believe there's a special place in hell for ppl like this

sultra1
11-15-2007, 11:48 AM
you know what.I wasthinking about all of what you guys said. I think that some humans have decided to put animalson a list of "inferior" species. That in itself ticks me off.

What made us sooo much better? In reality,humans are not better. Random fact: Humans are the only species that KILLS FOR FUN.

Animals kill to survive.....

and to think we are sooo much better phht.

sultra1
11-15-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.geocities.com/sultra_2000/mimishrunk.JPG

Heres Mimi, thesaved beauty.:)

BeanieLuvR
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh, she is beautiful! Bless all of you that take in strays. I feed the strays in my neighborhood. I can't stand to think of a starving cat.

PGiscool
11-15-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.geocities.com/sultra_2000/mimishrunk.JPG

Heres Mimi, thesaved beauty.:)

She's gorgeous... I'll post some pics of my babies. I saved one from the "humane society" (coincidentally, they are a shelter that does kill, just not as bad as the pound. They allow time to be adopted out and only kill if they've been there a bit, apparently) and another was a kitten that a friend had and would've probably taken to the shelter or let run wild.

We also found my dog and looked for her owners to no avail. She was 45 lbs when we found her and now she weighs almost 75 lbs, like she should (boxer-pit mix).

PGiscool
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/1777750427_295e318c77.jpg
Sadie (She's about 3 years old... a real sweetheart)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/1660658194_a6cfa90787.jpg
Gracie (Humane Society rescue... my first and most favorite girl)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2282/1547118364_3c90e9b4a7.jpg
Sugar (My 4th of July baby)

sultra1
11-15-2007, 01:42 PM
OMG!!!! Hwo Beautifull. Iam in love with SUGAR.:) Well we know these animals have a good home, huh? Ohh and so everyone knows,the Iams DigestiveCare Cat Food is $3. something after the $5.00 Coupon circualting at Petsmart.

PGiscool
11-15-2007, 02:02 PM
OMG!!!! Hwo Beautifull. Iam in love with SUGAR.:) Well we know these animals have a good home, huh? Ohh and so everyone knows,the Iams DigestiveCare Cat Food is $3. something after the $5.00 Coupon circualting at Petsmart.

Aw, thanks. :) :hug

wow! i'll have to check it out... our Petsmart is on the other side of town so I never go there, but 3 bucks is a good deal. How many lbs. is that?

PGiscool
11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh, and my fav. picture EVER of Sugar is this:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1435/1400750334_25b5504f6f.jpg

She's a feisty one. :lol

PrincessArky
11-15-2007, 02:03 PM
lots of wonderful looking guys and gals here :)

sultra1
11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Aw, thanks. :) :hug

wow! i'll have to check it out... our Petsmart is on the other side of town so I never go there, but 3 bucks is a good deal. How many lbs. is that?

I think it's the 5 lb.I know itwas medium sized.Not tiny but..... Sorry I threw the bag out LOL.

And that pic of sugar,omg she has my heart, fisty hehhehehheh