PDA

View Full Version : is it me or is it just .....

dv8grl
11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
.... some peoples posts absolutely make no sense what-so-ever ---

Its usually the same 4 or 5 people that have absolutely no grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer. Do they just not re-read their posts or do they honestly think that they make scense?

Now I'm the first to admit that my punctuation & the use of CAPITOL letters leaves alot to be desired but, good lord people., How can you expect people to take you seriously when you lack the skills that a 4th grade English Student has.

It humors me,... as much as it drives me insane :rolling

The best is when these few do FSOT, I will never buy / trade with someone who has absolutely no grasp of the written word., sorry but if you cant put a sentence together properly then how can I trust you in a trade?

Shann
11-03-2007, 09:41 PM
:rofl: OMG! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. I know my grammar and spelling are not always correct and sometimes I prob leave a word or two out, but I try to read over what I've written to see that it makes some sense. ;) :p hehehehe

PJDancer
11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
:potkettle

...just sayin'....

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 01:57 AM
.... some peoples posts absolutely make no sense what-so-ever ---

Its usually the same 4 or 5 people that have absolutely no grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer. Do they just not re-read their posts or do they honestly think that they make scense?

Now I'm the first to admit that my punctuation & the use of CAPITOL letters leaves alot to be desired but, good lord people., How can you expect people to take you seriously when you lack the skills that a 4th grade English Student has.

It humors me,... as much as it drives me insane :rolling

The best is when these few do FSOT, I will never buy / trade with someone who has absolutely no grasp of the written word., sorry but if you cant put a sentence together properly then how can I trust you in a trade?

...just sayin'....

Sorry dv8grl, but I have to agree with PJDancer..........
I find it very rude of you to ridicule other members like this.

If you are going to start a thread designed to make fun of others, you should just go ahead and name the members you wish to ridicule, so no one has to wonder.

I suppose I'm one of the ones you are speaking of, because I have no problem understanding anyones post on here. And if I did have a problem, I sure wouldn't try to humiliate them by starting a public rock throwing thread designed to hurt & humiliate them with.

So please go ahead and name the ones you are speaking of so they will know not to reply to anything you say on here. That way you won't have to start any more threads to humiliate them with.

Oh, and btw.....you really should check your spelling, especially if you are getting ready to ridicule others about their way of communicating on the board.

vicky122
11-04-2007, 04:02 AM

If you are going to start a thread designed to make fun of others, you should just go ahead and name the members you wish to ridicule, so no one has to wonder.

I suppose I'm one of the ones you are speaking of, because I have no problem understanding anyones post on here. And if I did have a problem, I sure wouldn't try to humiliate them by starting a public rock throwing thread designed to hurt & humiliate them with.

So please go ahead and name the ones you are speaking of so they will know not to reply to anything you say on here. That way you won't have to start any more threads to humiliate them with.

Oh, and btw.....you really should check your spelling, especially if you are getting ready to ridicule others about their way of communicating on the board.
Thank you

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 06:13 AM
wow never knew this was "grammer" school........ thats just crazy and imature
not everyone has 20 minutes to sit and make a post jsut to please you, some people have lives and kids so they use the quickest way possible to make a post.... guess you have all day to sit there and judge people......

vicky122
11-04-2007, 06:28 AM
What gets me is for some it is a ld and they can not help it. So you make fun of people and make them feel like crap. Like I have said before someones life must suck if you have to put someone down just to make yourself feel better.
And don't say get spell checker because if you don't know how to spell then how would you know how to pick out the right one.
I for one am one of the people she talks about. But for me I never worry about what people think or care. I figure they have bigger problems if thats how uncaring they are. Just goes to show what kind of person they really are.
And as far as the fsot now they know not to deal with you also.
Also my son is 25 years old and he is on of them 4th grade kids you talk about and was in Special Ed all his life and always being made fun of for what he can't do which is spelling reading and math. How sad for you.

Barcode
11-04-2007, 06:49 AM
I don't believe 'ridiculing' is what the OP intended. Yes some people may be in a hurry and hurry to post, but if that is the case then why post anything at all. I'm not perfect either but when someone posts something that makes no sence at all (no periods, most of the words spelled wrong) I say "oh forget it" and go read something else. I'm hoping this thread will 'HELP' those that are not so great at writing and make them want to better themselves. Now granted i'm sure there are people here with learning disabilities or dyslexia but we don't know that now do we? I'm sure those people wouldn't be posting alot anyhow. It is just sad that some adults with poor english skills don't try to better themselves and won't be able to teach they're own children decent language skills. And I for one won't trade with anyone that can't 'write' either just for the fact that it would most likely go the wrong address.

Adra
11-04-2007, 07:02 AM
My husband has dyslexia, in the 3rd even his teacher laughed at him when he was supposed to read out loud and he could not pronounce even the simplest words. He dropped out of school in the 9th grade at 18., The school did not know about dyslesia when he was young. They just kept putting him up and he never learned how to read. He thought he was stupid. I put one of our childrens books in front of him and began teaching him. I told him when he had trouble with a word just cover it with his finger and take it one letter at the time.

His first book was that he read all the way through was "Where the Red Fern Grows" He was 33 years old, and very proud of himself and I was proud of him.

I babysit and a lot of times I am typing with baby in my lap and typing with one and two fingers. Easy to make mistakes. Some people can't spell, it just does not come easy for some.

My best friend has a handicap called Charco Maria tooth (I know that is not spelled right) It is a dibilitating desease that just gets worse and there is no cure. She can not walk now. Ten years ago she could and she would walk slow and people would yell at her and just have no tolerance for her.

I do have tolerance for others and I know that someone somewhere out there is better than I at something, and they could look down on me but I hope they don't. I hope they are tolerante of my shortcomings.

vicky122
11-04-2007, 07:03 AM
I don't believe 'ridiculing' is what the OP intended. Yes some people may be in a hurry and hurry to post, but if that is the case then why post anything at all. I'm not perfect either but when someone posts something that makes no sence at all (no periods, most of the words spelled wrong) I say "oh forget it" and go read something else. I'm hoping this thread will 'HELP' those that are not so great at writing and make them want to better themselves. Now granted i'm sure there are people here with learning disabilities or dyslexia but we don't know that now do we? I'm sure those people wouldn't be posting alot anyhow. It is just sad that some adults with poor english skills don't try to better themselves and won't be able to teach they're own children decent language skills. And I for one won't trade with anyone that can't 'write' either just for the fact that it would most likely go the wrong address.
That is right you don't know for sure. I for one will post it doean't matter what you are anyone else thinks about my writting skills. You also don't know if they would post or not. And maybe it is because of people like you who judges others keeps them from posting.
You guys really need your own forum and call it How great we are.
Guess you didn't reread your post
***'write' either just for the fact that it would most likely go the wrong address.*** Sounds like a word is missing. As far as things going to the wrong place I had deals on here and nothing I send went to any wrong address. Peope that can't spell are not Stupid!

vicky122
11-04-2007, 07:04 AM
My husband has dyslexia, in the 3rd even his teacher laughed at him when he was supposed to read out loud and he could not pronounce even the simplest words. He dropped out of school in the 9th grade at 18., The school did not know about dyslesia when he was young. They just kept putting him up and he never learned how to read. He thought he was stupid. I put one of our childrens books in front of him and began teaching him. I told him when he had trouble with a word just cover it with his finger and take it one letter at the time.

His first book was that he read all the way through was "Where the Red Fern Grows" He was 33 years old, and very proud of himself and I was proud of him.

I babysit and a lot of times I am typing with baby in my lap and typing with one and two fingers. Easy to make mistakes. Some people can't spell, it just does not come easy for some.

My best friend has a handicap called Charco Maria tooth (I know that is not spelled right) It is a dibilitating desease that just gets worse and there is no cure. She can not walk now. Ten years ago she could and she would walk slow and people would yell at her and just have no tolerance for her.

I do have tolerance for others and I know that someone somewhere out there is better than I at something, and they could look down on me but I hope they don't. I hope they are tolerante of my shortcomings.

Thank you.

Willow
11-04-2007, 07:32 AM
wow never knew this was "grammer" school........ thats just crazy and imature
not everyone has 20 minutes to sit and make a post jsut to please you, some people have lives and kids so they use the quickest way possible to make a post.... guess you have all day to sit there and judge people......

You mean "grammar" school. Sorry I can never resist that one. LOL

buttrfli
11-04-2007, 07:44 AM
You mean "grammar" school. Sorry I can never resist that one. LOL

:rofl:

sunniekiss
11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Just click out of posts that annoy you so much.

buttrfli
11-04-2007, 07:58 AM
I am fluent in "typo" ... mispell away! :lol

sunniekiss
11-04-2007, 07:58 AM
WOW!!! I never knew I was going to be graded on my English abilities while posting on this board. Can we use "cheat sheets" or do we get graded on a "curve"?
I do agree that there are some spelling errors here & there, no one is perfect. If I read posts that I can not follow, I simply click out of it.

freeby4me
11-04-2007, 08:05 AM
I always put a (sp?) next to a word that I dont know how to spell, but the one that always gets me is genius, I always spell it genious LOL

buttrfli
11-04-2007, 08:07 AM
I always put a (sp?) next to a word that I dont know how to spell, but the one that always gets me is genius, I always spell it genious LOL

me too!

And I ALWAYS misspell 'pregnant' - I always spell it preganant :rolleyes:

catdance
11-04-2007, 08:08 AM
DOWN WIT DAT..PJ DANCER..you nailed it for my opinion on this thread thoughtfully done..go ahead youy classy girl!

:) !

MsLynn
11-04-2007, 08:12 AM
i myself don't care how someone posts, now i admit that sometimes i'll read a post and not be able to understand what the OP meant, but I also know sometimes i'll write like I talk, and trust me thats just plain redneck. I leave the G off of the ING alot, and i run words together like wanna/gonna, but WHO CARES, lmao

:backaway

Adra
11-04-2007, 08:35 AM
That You're black icon reminded me of something-

A long time ago there was a show on tv called "Hot L Baltimore" It was supposed to be Hotel Baltimore but the E fell off. And it had in it a group of poeple that lived there all the time.

One day two guys was playing checkers and the black guy moved his piece and said I win. The white guy looked at him and said "you're black" The black guy got all upset and the white guy said "I'm red-you're black"

I remembered it because it is so easy to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Did that have anything to do with this post? hmmmmm I don't know probably not but I also type like I think and that is what I thought of.

Is that sentance grammatally correct? probably not, but I am not an English teacher, I don't spell very well, I never could stand history or geography. Math was probably my worst subject. However you never know what we are good at. I took psychology in college made all A's- group therapy classes were a breeze. I loved sociology, Juvenile delinquency was so much funm sad because of some of the things I learned but still I was talking to people across the country trying to find out reasons, Gerontology was so interesting. Public speaking was such a wonderful experience and I am leaning on what I learned then to help me give devotions at several churches that I have been invited to.

The teachers that I had in high school surely thought i was a lost cause. But when I got to college I was on the deans list.

I still do not spell good, sentance structure is still a chore, I really have to pray and work hard at my speeches.

Some people do worse than me -a lot of people do better. I just work with what I have, and hope for the best. ( and really try not to me judgemental, and try not to jump to conclusions)

vicky122
11-04-2007, 08:38 AM
*what do u say when religious people come knocking?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mormons, Jehova Witnesses, Baptists, Christians.....

What do you do when they knock on the door?

I'm too polite to be mean, and basically I admire their convictions & principles, but I'm not interested. I usually just say no thank you and by that time my dogs get all crazy, so I just say I have to go...
... but I always feel bad for them.********

This post just cracks me up. You are too polite to be mean. lol Wow guess you lost it on this post.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:40 AM
i myself don't care how someone posts, now i admit that sometimes i'll read a post and not be able to understand what the OP meant, but I also know sometimes i'll write like I talk, and trust me thats just plain redneck. I leave the G off of the ING alot, and i run words together like wanna/gonna, but WHO CARES, lmao

hell yea i do the same thing if i talk it i write it

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
*what do u say when religious people come knocking?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mormons, Jehova Witnesses, Baptists, Christians.....

What do you do when they knock on the door?

I'm too polite to be mean, and basically I admire their convictions & principles, but I'm not interested. I usually just say no thank you and by that time my dogs get all crazy, so I just say I have to go...
... but I always feel bad for them.********

This post just cracks me up. You are too polite to be mean. lol Wow guess you lost it on this post.

wow thats double standard there lol..... she can do it but judges others

DBackFan
11-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Oh come on you guys, back off a bit. I don't think she meant this maliciously. I think she mainly meant the posts that make no sense, not the misspelled words but either way, its her opinion, can't we just back out of THIS thread too if you don't like it? LOL

bpl76
11-04-2007, 08:45 AM
There are many reasons beside learning disabilities that some could use incorrect grammar. Consider someone who perhaps came from another country and is trying very hard to communicate in "English". I know for a fact the German language has verbs in strange(to me) places in the sentences. When I was trying to learn German I had a terrible time attempting to put things in the correct order.

My husband can't spell sh*t correctly. He puts in an e. But there are extunating ciricumstances and although he used to be very self conscious about his spelling and thought he was stupid, I have proved to him that although he may not be the world's greatest speller, he is VERY intelligent in many other things.

We are not all blessed with the same talents. Also,as far as I know, there is no one who is perfectly proficient in all areas. The person who is unable to write with perfect spelling and grammar could very easily be a genius in math, science or any number of things.

As the biblical saying goes...."Judge not lest ye be not judged"

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I use a some leet when I post here, because I'm in the habit of it from texting, irc channels, messengers etc. I also abv. words, and don't always go back and fix my typos. (my fingers are dyslexic sometimes)

I can type a great report, but BBS isn't one, so I don't worry too much about it. If someone has a problem with reading them, they can skip them or put me on ignore.

That being said, they are a few here, who's posts I usually have trouble reading, because of the spelling or that they just don't make any sense with no punctuation etc. (and some never make much sense, even if they are spelled correctly!) If I think they are important, I'll try to make them out, otherwise I just skip them.

vicky122
11-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh come on you guys, back off a bit. I don't think she meant this maliciously. I think she mainly meant the posts that make no sense, not the misspelled words but either way, its her opinion, can't we just back out of THIS thread too if you don't like it? LOL

So far that is what every one here is doing. Giving thier opinion.
Did you read her post she wasn't really nice about it. It was maliciously wrote.

dv8grl
11-04-2007, 08:55 AM
CALM THE F DOWN people....

It was just a fucking observation. NOT A VENT OR WHINE!!!!!!!!

I didn't call anyone out and I certainly didn't put myself on some damn pedestal., I myself said I suck at punctuation, etc...

I took a few seconds out of my day to write about something that amused me, thats all....

vicky122
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM

I didn't call anyone out and I certainly didn't put myself on some damn pedestal., I myself said I suck at punctuation, etc...

I took a few seconds out of my day to write about something that amused me, thats all....

Mine was just an observation of how rude you are about finding it amusing to make fun of people about thier spelling.

freeby4me
11-04-2007, 08:59 AM
So far that is what every one here is doing. Giving thier opinion.
Did you read her post she wasn't really nice about it. It was maliciously wrote.

I dont think it was, I think it was just an opinion. Not a popular one but an opinion just the same.

dv8grl
11-04-2007, 09:00 AM
:smileheart oh.. and thanks for the REP vicky122 - You won my heart.... KISSES! XOXOXOXO

is it me or is it just... 11-04-2007 07:33 AM vicky122

what a sad life you must live

:happy

vicky122
11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
:smileheart oh.. and thanks for the REP vicky122 - You won my heart.... KISSES! XOXOXOXO

is it me or is it just... 11-04-2007 07:33 AM vicky122

:happy

Yep I did rep you. See I never write something I have to worry about. But I think it is in one of my post also.

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 09:03 AM
It turned into a vent anyway, lol!

freeby4me
11-04-2007, 09:04 AM

LMAO....funny how stuff tends to move around on the board all on its own HAHA LOL

dv8grl
11-04-2007, 09:06 AM

LOL! Perhaps this should actully go into the ENTERTAIMENT section, because its really entertaining the crap outta me.

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 09:20 AM
LOL! Perhaps this should actully go into the ENTERTAIMENT section, because its really entertaining the crap outta me.

LOL! me too! :star:

taylyn
11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to say when I read dv8grl's first post - I didn't think of anyone's posts in general - But I know what she means.

I didn't think anything about punctuation or dyslexia , or mis - spelled words. when I read a post ... I know that People in general are in a hurry and half the time no-one including me cares about spell check or punctuation.

What I did think of was posts I have seen all around on websites - where the person takes the actual time to put their post all out in words, but it sounds like the person is on drugs or what have you.
Thats what I thought about - Sometimes I read a Post - and I am thinking- WTH??
I don't really care- I do just click out of the post .... But thats what I think OP may have been getting at .
I just had to add my 2 cents in here to say , I didn't think she was actually making fun or ridiculing anyone.
But I rarely come to chat here so I Don't know what goes on around here.
As usual though it seems a post has stirred things up.
Whatever - trust me I am not here to argue.;D:o:

freeby4me
11-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Ya know what the OP made me think of, my annoying habit that im trying to break, remember, Capitalizing every word after a comma, Like this. LOL now that I think about it, it drives me nutty when I see myself do it LOL

gmyers
11-04-2007, 11:03 AM
My husband has dyslexia. When he was in grade school they didn't know what dsylexia was so they called him slow and even stupid. To this day he has low self esteem because of how they made him feel back then. One teacher even told his parents that he would learn to read but that he probably not have much of a life that he'd get some low paying job and have to settle for that, right in front of him. He was about eight or nine when they said it and he still remembers it. He told me he used to take lots of books home with him in school even though he had trouble reading just so people would think he's smart. Thats the saddest thing, it made me want to cry when he told me about it. I don't know why people don't realize maybe that person has a problem or maybe they just learned to read and write and haven't mastered it completely yet.

tracyb
11-04-2007, 11:24 AM

I am right there with you on this one...lol....I use all these periods for some reason....I have no idea why I just do...and that I know gets on peoples nerves but this is just me.....:star:

freeby4me
11-04-2007, 11:29 AM
I am right there with you on this one...lol....I use all these periods for some reason....I have no idea why I just do...and that I know gets on peoples nerves but this is just me.....:star:

Oh me 2!! I like using it as a little imagination, you get to finish the sentence....

loveswolfs
11-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Just to let you know im one of them ppl here who has learning disabilities. So i am one who wont post very much cuz i have a hard time with spelling words correct & because there are ppl here who love to point out to others how they cant spell & to use spell check. They think they are being funny & then others join in and make a joke of it. I for one dont think its funny at all.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Since you find it so damn funny, why don't you just let us know who you are speaking of?

I for one do have dyslexia, and lately it's been acting up really bad. Why should I have endure wondering if you are ridiculing me for having trouble forming my thoughts into typed out sentences? And yes I do take it personally when I have struggled with this all my life. So has my mother. But we both graduated high school and she even went on to college. I own my own business, and I was a webmaster for the largest trucking company in Texas. So you can't make me feel like I'm stupid and not worthy of posting with people like that think they are better.

I would like to know why you want to make fun of people like me? Because you won't run me off. I enjoy this board why to much! Especially the nice people on here make it all worth while. It also helps me so much with my dyslexia to post on here.

I'm not going to go crawl in the corner somewhere and cower down because of someone like you thinks it's cool to humiliate people like me.

dv8grl
11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
... when did I ever say anything about people with learning disabilities? I have admitted before that I too have issues with dyslexia, my occurs when it comes to numbers....

http://www.bigbigforums.com/vent-whine/557251-please-keep-my-husband-your-prayers.html?highlight=husband
I'm dyslexic , but with just numbers. I'm sure if he tells the test-giver of his learning disability, they accomidate him.
FINGERS CROSSED!

There is a difference having learning disabilities and being indifferent when it comes to the
grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer. Never once did I being up spelling... the proper use of grammer being, the proper way to form a sentence, nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, etc....

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 12:27 PM
... when did I ever say anything about people with learning disabilities? I have admitted before that I too have issues with dyslexia, my occurs when it comes to numbers....

How do you know the people you are making fun of don't have learning disabilities? Maybe that's why they are have problems forming their thoughts into sentences. Do we need to put a sign around our neck that we have a learning disability? That way you will know who to make fun of, and who not to?

dv8grl
11-04-2007, 12:39 PM
How do you know the people you are making fun of don't have learning disabilities? Maybe that's why they are have problems forming their thoughts into sentences. Do we need to put a sign around our neck that we have a learning disability? That way you will know who to make fun of, and who not to?

Again, difference in learning disabled and being indifferent when it comes to the grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer.

Sorry, but I will make fun of people who are so proud to show how un-educated they are. Sorry, if it amuses me, I was brought up with the idea that you should try to be, if not as smart but smarter than everyone else. Whats wrong with that? Whats right with trying to be "dumb-er" than everyone else?

If everyone felt that it was OK, to just throw the basic English out the window, what kind of society would it be. We could just spell the way we wanted to,

So I is A sory thate I justed wants too be a smartered people than everyones else.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Again, difference in learning disabled and being indifferent when it comes to the grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer.

Sorry, but I will make fun of people who are so proud to show how un-educated they are. Sorry, if it amuses me, I was brought up with the idea that you should try to be, if not as smart but smarter than everyone else. Whats wrong with that? Whats right with trying to be "dumb-er" than everyone else?

If everyone felt that it was OK, to just throw the basic English out the window, what kind of society would it be. We could just spell the way we wanted to,

So I is A sory thate I justed wants too be a smartered people than everyones else.

and you say ur not on a some high horse???? however it's ok to make fun of someone less educated than you? how is that even being fair..... there are ppl who dont have money to spend on education and i find it rude and just plain damn mean:slap

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Yes, you should be sorry, and ashamed of yourself as well.

There is nothing wrong with trying to better yourself. We should all strive to learn more each day. But there is no reason what-so-ever that anyone should try and humiliate others because "they think" they are smarter.

Someone with intelligence knows how wrong it is to put down others for their short comings.

JewRican
11-04-2007, 01:02 PM
What about the MENSA person who makes no fucking sense when they post? They talk about how *smart* they are but you need a translator to understand them. That is who I thought about when I read the 1st post.

Pepsi4me
11-04-2007, 01:04 PM
I have read many post that has misspellings or left out words & you can usually figure out what their saying.

There are bigger things in life to worry about.

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 02:04 PM
It's just a pet peeve of hers...not a big deal to some, but she can bitch about it if she wants to.

Jackie_Blu
11-04-2007, 02:35 PM

This is me, too. There is one person on here that always sounds a bit like an alien, so I have stopped attempting to even read their posts. Never noticed a problem with their grammar or spelling (nor do I care)....it just plain makes no sense to me. I know this is a bit OT, but there is one thing that irritates me the most.....when some one makes alltheir posts in caps, or very large colored letters. I interpret that as yelling and I feel its rude to post that way.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
It's just a pet peeve of hers...not a big deal to some, but she can bitch about it if she wants to.

When it hit's close to home, you might think differently. There is a huge difference between a pet peeve and someone making fun of others for not being intelligent enough to form a proper sentence that makes sense to them.

(pet peeve equals something like: typing in all caps, or something like copy & pasting without replies) What she is bitching about is totally different than a pet peeve.

If things like this are allowed to be bitched about, then whats next? Are others going to be allowed to come on here and ridicule others for their short comings?

I can't imagine defending someone's rights to make fun of others on here. Especially other members.

If you don't understand what someone is saying to you, then ask them to please explain themselves better because you aren't sure what they mean. If you ask in a nice way I'm sure it wouldn't offend them. But starting threads like this, is just horrid on so many levels.

And yes, I'm taking this thread very personally because I have struggled with dyslexia all my life. I also was told when I was younger before they knew what it was, that I might have a learning problem. I was even put in special ed one year, just because no one knew what dyslexia was back then. I've endured taunts, paddings, and even more things that I won't get into just because no one understood what I was dealing with. I'll never forget all the teachers saying things like, "we know your not stupid, but your lazy.....or all you want to do is day dream".

I have a right to say what I'm thinking too. And I just want to get the message across that unless you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you shouldn't put them down.

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 03:24 PM
My spelling, grammer and sentence structure leave a lot to be desired. But it doesn't bother me if someone bitches about it. I didn't even see her making fun of anyone, she said this THREAD amused her. Nor did she single anyone out.

But posts that are full of mispellings etc are one of my pet peeves. (or just posts that are incipherable).

And yes, you have a right to give your opinion also.

tngirl
11-04-2007, 03:25 PM
I understand exactly what the OP is saying. There are certain posts that I just can't read and don't. As for bad grammar and mispelling, we are all guilty of that and that isn't what this is about. It is about those posts that make you scratch your head and say, "WTH?" and I am sure you have all seen those and several of you have actually posted the question in some of these really off the wall type posts. I know I have.:itsme:

vicky122
11-04-2007, 03:44 PM

I think this post pretty much says what kind of person she is. People are not proud to show they are uneducated they just don't give a rats ass about people like you who is not understanding.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
My spelling, grammer and sentence structure leave a lot to be desired. But it doesn't bother me if someone bitches about it. I didn't even see her making fun of anyone, she said this THREAD amused her. Nor did she single anyone out.

But posts that are full of mispellings etc are one of my pet peeves. (or just posts that are incipherable).

And yes, you have a right to give your opinion also.

I will tell you one thing, there are lots of hard working wonderful people in this world that are uneducated. The ones I know, that have had hardships or learning disabilities that kept them from book learning. They are 100 times better people when it comes down to what matters in our society. (manners, kindness, work ethic, morals & a giving heart)

gmyers
11-04-2007, 04:18 PM
I will tell you one thing, there are lots of hard working wonderful people in this world that are uneducated. The ones I know, that have had hardships or learning disabilities that kept them from book learning. They are 100 times better people when it comes down to what matters in our society. (manners, kindness, work ethic, morals & a giving heart)

I agree with you. They would give you the shirt off their backs. Sometimes I think people can be so smart or think they are that they're condescending or snobbish. I'd rather be around someone that doesn't think they're better than someone else. They're just nicer.

squirt661
11-04-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL dvdgirl, but not at you. It seems this clique here stickes together like flies on you know what. This forum is vent and whine, but when a member offers their vent and whine like I have done in the past, that person is the one the other clique members jump on and slam while protecting their buddies. Seems what works for most who are allowed to vent and whine, and get a following of over 1,500 posts read on what they had to say, when we speak our vent and whine, OUCH, slammed again. Whatever, I have learned to grow thick skin, laugh it off and still offer my opinion, as I have been told that this is what this forum is for. If they do not want to read it, let them just skip over it. Have a good night you all as you all know who you are LOL.

BeanieLuvR
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM

I agree with you. They would give you the shirt off their backs. Sometimes I think people can be so smart or think they are that they're condescending or snobbish. I'd rather be around someone that doesn't think they're better than someone else. They're just nicer.

I agree with both of you! My dad had to drop out of school at 13 to go to work full time to support his family. He is the kindest man and he would help anyone who needed help. He might not have book smarts but he sure has mechanical smarts. He can fix anything.

You know what. I don't think it is nice to make fun of people. :(

vicky122
11-04-2007, 05:34 PM
LOL dvdgirl, but not at you. It seems this clique here stickes together like flies on you know what. This forum is vent and whine, but when a member offers their vent and whine like I have done in the past, that person is the one the other clique members jump on and slam while protecting their buddies. Seems what works for most who are allowed to vent and whine, and get a following of over 1,500 posts read on what they had to say, when we speak our vent and whine, OUCH, slammed again. Whatever, I have learned to grow thick skin, laugh it off and still offer my opinion, as I have been told that this is what this forum is for. If they do not want to read it, let them just skip over it. Have a good night you all as you all know who you are LOL.

Thats pretty funny because I have been on the outs here more then I can remember. But making fun of someone to me is not a vent.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Actually this thread was originally posted in the off topic forum, not in vent/whine forum.

I'm not at all sure what you are referring to or talking about in the rest of your post. Maybe you might like to elaborate on it? Or if someone else understands what she is talking about, please explain.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 05:59 PM
aww r we in a clique i feel special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizmolik
11-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree with both of you! My dad had to drop out of school at 13 to go to work full time to support his family. He is the kindest man and he would help anyone who needed help. He might not have book smarts but he sure has mechanical smarts. He can fix anything.

You know what. I don't think it is nice to make fun of people. :(

I can relate, my father is a mechanic and he never went to college for it...he can fix pretty much anything you can throw at him! He even built his own garage out of scraps (still cant figure out how he made it look so good)! My father is a very smart man!

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
I can relate, my father is a mechanic and he never went to college for it...he can fix pretty much anything you can throw at him! He even built his own garage out of scraps (still cant figure out how he made it look so good)! My father is a very smart man!

sounds like my daddy he has been a mechanic for the last 30 years and how many ever before me and he aint no harvard or yale grad but he is the smartest man i know and he can fix anything

baragabrat
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Bad grammar and words misspelled used to bother the hell out of me. But since I do know how to read, it would have to be a foreign language for me not to figure it out. And what pisses me off most? That's when I've carefully crafted a post and submit it and reread and it find all kinds of misspelled words. Ah, such is life. If misspelling a word is the worst thing about me...or anyone else, for that matter....we're all in really good shape!!

I'm learning to see past the misspelled word. (See, all that therapy hasn't been wasted!)

tngirl
11-04-2007, 06:15 PM
What about the MENSA person who makes no fucking sense when they post? They talk about how *smart* they are but you need a translator to understand them. That is who I thought about when I read the 1st post.

I am sure you are the only person that thought of that person! Shame on you!:slap

katzenberg
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
why dont you just click the back button.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 06:36 PM

sounds like my daddy he has been a mechanic for the last 30 years and how many ever before me and he aint no harvard or yale grad but he is the smartest man i know and he can fix anything

You know what. I don't think it is nice to make fun of people. :( I know what you mean. Most of the ones here that are 40 and over probably can relate to what we are talking about. Our parents were really lucky if they did graduate high school back then.

Just imagine how it would make you feel, if someone was talking about your dad or mom this way?.......

I just can't see defending or tolerating this type of behavior.

ahippiechic
11-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I am sure you are the only person that thought of that person! Shame on you!:slap

Actually, she's not.

But like I said, venting about grammer in general doesn't seem like such a big thing. It doesn't have to mean someone is uneducated, maybe they're just in a hurry or don't care.

okie
11-04-2007, 06:38 PM

http://www.bigbigforums.com/vent-whine/557251-please-keep-my-husband-your-prayers.html?highlight=husband

There is a difference having learning disabilities and being indifferent when it comes to the . Never once did I being up spelling... the proper use of grammer being, the proper way to form a sentence, nouns, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, etc....

You are not that intelligent.

"I have admitted before that I too have issues with dyslexia, my occurs when it comes to numbers...."

The "my" should be "mine".

Learn to use sentences and words correctly before you ridicule others.

ilovecats
11-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Actually this thread was originally posted in the off topic forum, not in vent/whine forum.

I'm not at all sure what you are referring to or talking about in the rest of your post. Maybe you might like to elaborate on it? Or if someone else understands what she is talking about, please explain.

I think this is exactly the type of thing the op was talking about.Not spelling mistakes,but the inability to understand A post.

baragabrat
11-04-2007, 06:48 PM
why dont you just click the back button.

Yes, but then these folks wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Yes, but then these folks wouldn't have anything to bitch about.

Isn't that the truth.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 07:06 PM
I think this is exactly the type of thing the op was talking about.Not spelling mistakes,but the inability to understand A post.

Then she should have asked nicely what they were talking about like I did. See I didn't have to start a nasty thread telling people how stupid they are, just because I didn't understand what they were talking about. I just asked to please elaborate on what they where saying, so I could understand what they were talking about.

I know there are some that don't think that this thread was worth bitching about. But I would imagine the same people don't have a problem with dyslexia either. Hopefully their children, or grand children won't be afflicted with it neither. But if they are, then I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone making fun of their kids someday for not being able to put their thoughts into written sentences very easily.

I can reread my post over and over, and I will miss things that I might see a week later. I don't know how I missed it to start with, but I do. Like I've noticed that I can come back and reread something later on and see that I've added words to my sentences that I'm sure really make what I'm saying not make a bit of sense. But by the time I do notice it, it's really to late to change it.

And yes, I'm bitching up a storm today. Glad some of you came in and took the time to point that out to us. But I think everyone already noticed it though. :)

vicky122
11-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I really don't see how anyone is bitching here. They are telling how the feel and letting people know the trouble they have. I think this thread is going a lot better then most. So post is people making fun of someone. Here they are not doing that.

tngirl
11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Actually, she's not.

I was being...daggum it!! I don't know how to spell the word!!

squirt661
11-04-2007, 07:27 PM
So dv8girl, or whatever your name was, sorry, as I have a very short memory span, but I did agree with you, and I hope that All of the clique who jumped on you for your vent and wine, offer you an apology for being their supreme selves, and not respecting your opinion to post here. GL and do not stop posting.

ilovecats
11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
I was being...daggum it!! I don't know how to spell the word!!

sarcastic? lol

squirt661
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Not on my part, but this person had the right to use the vent and whine, and if you think I am asking people to apologize to her as sarcastic, then just what the heck are you thinking? Maybe you should re-read my post again, and maybe you will owe me an apology also.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 07:32 PM
i dont think anyone who objected to her thinking should be sorry. we were saying making fun of ppl lacking her perfection should not be made fun of....

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 07:33 PM
Not on my part, but this person had the right to use the vent and whine, and if you think I am asking people to apologize to her as sarcastic, then just what the heck are you thinking? Maybe you should re-read my post again, and maybe you will owe me an apology also.

and really who are you the apology queen???? PLEASE

vicky122
11-04-2007, 07:39 PM
So dv8girl, or whatever your name was, sorry, as I have a very short memory span, but I did agree with you, and I hope that All of the clique who jumped on you for your vent and wine, offer you an apology for being their supreme selves, and not respecting your opinion to post here. GL and do not stop posting.

First why do you have to say you are sorry for your short memory loss? Second making fun of people is not a vent.
Third I am not nor have I ever been in any clique here or anywhere.

squirt661
11-04-2007, 07:41 PM
OK, so sorry, I am not the apology queen, but for what it is worth, I do know how to say I am sorry when I hurt someones feelings, and, I think just too many people put this person down for her opinion, while I was trying to defend her opinion. I was under the impression that that's what Vent and Whine was all about??? Now that you are on my case with that remark, just reminds me again, this board is run by clique people who only want to read their own remarks, and build up a BIG # of replies under their names.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
OK, so sorry, I am not the apology queen, but for what it is worth, I do know how to say I am sorry when I hurt someones feelings, and, I think just too many people put this person down for her opinion, while I was trying to defend her opinion. I was under the impression that that's what Vent and Whine was all about??? Now that you are on my case with that remark, just reminds me again, this board is run by clique people who only want to read their own remarks, and build up a BIG # of replies under their names.

so by commenting on a topic we are just# builders and cliques? sounds like bullshitttt to me... i know how to say sorry IF i a am wrong,but i know for a fact she doesnt oh yea and i'm a free agent by the way.. i missed the clique ritual so im not in one

vicky122
11-04-2007, 07:47 PM

I don't think you number goes up when you post in the same topic. But I could be wrong. If that is what you mean build up big #

whatever
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I have read a couple of posts that are really hard to follow. I just exit out of them. NO big deal. but i think people will know who you are talking about when or if they see this and it may hurt their feelings. I think they may? a learning disability if its the type of posts your talking about. I would not have a problem trading with them, its people not paying who bid i have a problem with!

katzenberg
11-04-2007, 07:51 PM
as for my self i dont think any one has to say sorry to her for voicing there own feelings.and its people like her is the reason i dont post a lot on here because i dont want to have people make fun or rediclule me for mistakes i make i dont see what bothers her so much either read it or dont .

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM

It appears to me, you are not so much interested in defending her, as you are in taking the opportunity to take pot shots at the members here.

Because if you was defending her, you would talk about the subject at hand instead of referring to these imaginary cliques & post counts??? That has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

If you actually read the thread you would see that not everyone is disagreeing with her either. So therefore you are making this into a personal attack directed at some of the members you have it out for. Why I don't know...but that's how it is appearing to me..

squirt661
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
First why do you have to say you are sorry for your short memory loss? Second making fun of people is not a vent.
Third I am not nor have I ever been in any clique here or anywhere.

Here is my answer to you about my short memory. First off, it is none of your business, clique member, though you say you are not, how do I know. You sure jumped on my case because I could not remember if the posters name was dvdgirl or dv8girl, but that don't mean crap, you ignored her post and jumped on my excuse for a short memory. Looks like you have nothing better to do but jump on peoples cases LOL. Get a life. Now see, exactly what I meant that now all you clique people are gonna personally pick on all who do not agree with your opinion. That's OK, as I have broad shoulders, it just all runs off my back, but when someone posts a vent and whine, either read it and offer good quodos, or keep your nasty remarks to yourselves. Thank you for reading, and I know you are LOL.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 07:59 PM
some ppl just need to grow the hell up

squirt661
11-04-2007, 08:04 PM
some ppl just need to grow the hell up

First off I do not appreciate you cursing, and second off, I am a grown woman who has been there, done that and seen that at my age of 64, so if you think you are playing with a college kid or someone who has not already lived most of their life, and wants to see people get a fair share, then please think again your remark. Thank you.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:06 PM
First off I do not appreciate you cursing, and second off, I am a grown woman who has been there, done that and seen that at my age of 64, so if you think you are playing with a college kid or someone who has not already lived most of her life, and wants to see people get a fair share, then thin kagain. Thank you.

Welll hell at your grown age of 64 you would surely know better than to think pickin on ppl who are under educated is ok or who arent perfect typers.. and aint no body playin,i just tellin like it is...and trust me i have seen more than most have in my short but grown years......

evrita
11-04-2007, 08:07 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/evrita/big_girl.jpg

vicky122
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Here is my answer to you about my short memory. First off, it is none of your business, clique member, though you say you are not, how do I know. You sure jumped on my case because I could not remember if the posters name was dvdgirl or dv8girl, but that don't mean crap, you ignored her post and jumped on my excuse for a short memory. Looks like you have nothing better to do but jump on peoples cases LOL. Get a life. Now see, exactly what I meant that now all you clique people are gonna personally pick on all who do not agree with your opinion. That's OK, as I have broad shoulders, it just all runs off my back, but when someone posts a vent and whine, either read it and offer good quodos, or keep your nasty remarks to yourselves. Thank you for reading, and I know you are LOL.

Please show me a post that on jumped on you about you not knowing the persons user name. And I said why are you saying you are sorry for your short memory meaning you should not have to say you are sorry.
I don't think someone making fun of someones spelling is a vent. But I could be wrong.
As far as clique goes as I said before I am not on one. Do you know how many times I had to defend myself and my spelling along with what I believe in here getting pages and pages of people useing me for thier joke here. I always have broad shoulders.
But now please look for my post where I jumped on you and quote it for me. But I bet you won't find one.

squirt661
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM
OK, so maybe right now I am really LOL because this is getting a bit out of hand and I mean no insult to anyone on this board. Why this poster posted their remark was their decision becauuse it bothered them. Get the picture, vent & whine. I live my life watching this country change into something that I never thought it would come to, but, it was not our choice. I do get a bit annoyed when having been born here back in 1943 that if I am out shopping and someone who does not speak perfect english, I try my best to help and answer them, because that is the kind of person I am. But, for some reason, this person had what she thought was a legit V&W, so why is this now into page # whatever, because nobody agrees with her. I wish I could say I was sorry I got involved, but I was just trying to protect this person's rite to V&W, and now I am the person being dumpted on LOL.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 08:17 PM

:itsme:

squirt661
11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
OK, I hear you all. FYI, my pants are on, and you have heard the last from me. All have a very good night, as I will. Thanks for listening.

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:21 PM
OK, so maybe right now I am really LOL because this is getting a bit out of hand and I mean no insult to anyone on this board. Why this poster posted their remark was their decision becauuse it bothered them. Get the picture, vent & whine. I live my life watching this country change into something that I never thought it would come to, but, it was not our choice. I do get a bit annoyed when having been born here back in 1943 that if I am out shopping and someone who does not speak perfect english, I try my best to help and answer them, because that is the kind of person I am. But, for some reason, this person had what she thought was a legit V&W, so why is this now into page # whatever, because nobody agrees with her. I wish I could say I was sorry I got involved, but I was just trying to protect this person's rite to V&W, and now I am the person being dumpted on LOL.

well we all are allowd to voice opinions but that doesnt make us a clique... so you were wrong in some ways but yes you are right u can defend whomever u want and no one is saying you cant...... so its great u help ppl but dont take shit so personaly....

vicky122
11-04-2007, 08:22 PM

What ever just show me where I dumped on you. Then click on my name and go through all my post and see if I am in clique here before you say I am in one.

squirt661
11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Trust me, I do not, and it's been an experience, and thank you for allowing me to express my opinion. Again, have a good night.

YankeeMary
11-04-2007, 08:24 PM
:2in1:

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Trust me, I do not, and it's been an experience, and thank you for allowing me to express my opinion. Again, have a good night.

you to....BUT i still feel no one owes dv8girl an apology since she doesnt do the same thing when she is wrong why should one kiss her butt? jmo

ilovecats
11-04-2007, 08:29 PM

I was replying to Tngirl,not you!
Why would I owe you an apology?????

gmyers
11-04-2007, 08:30 PM

I love this it reminds me of what my mama used to say. You have the same drawers to get glad in that you're mad in.

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 08:44 PM
I do believe this board is haunted, because I would bet my eye teeth that we have a ghost among us under another handle!! She sure does post the exact same way!

Anyone else see dead people right now? :D

Or maybe I'm just a little kuku. ;)

earnhardt1
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Lmao

ilovecats
11-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I do believe this board is haunted, because I would bet my eye teeth that we have a ghost among us under another handle!! She sure does post the exact same way!

Not sure what you are talking about,I haven't been here long.
I just want to say though that I love your avatar,I didn't know about Steve Irwin day.his death was horrifying for my 12 yr old.Thank you for making that info available!

okie
11-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Yeah, they tend to wake up at night. I think that this ghost might have forgotten that Halloween's over!

tngirl
11-04-2007, 09:10 PM
:slap
sarcastic? lol

facicious???? I have never been able to remember how to spell that word and I don't know how many times I have looked it up. I was just too lazy to do it again tonight.

And who are you calling sarcastic? Not me surely?!?

okie
11-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I just want to say though that I love your avatar,I didn't know about Steve Irwin day.his death was horrifying for my 12 yr old.Thank you for making that info available!

She's refering to someone that supposedly died but there was some speculation about whether or not the person had really died. I can't remember all the details, it was a few years ago.

jcw
11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=Adra;95718435]

I haven't heard of anyone who has this except my mom and several of her relatives.Would love to hear about your friend and the way it has worked on her.

tngirl
11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't remember that. Where was I?

Kyla Kym
11-04-2007, 09:20 PM

Oh, I was just referring to a member that pretended to die years ago on here because I was arguing with her. It was all outrageous & pretty lame. It was easy to figure out she made the whole thing up. Someone posting here tonight is acting in the same mannerism she did. Plus the person is ignoring my replies to them. They also took a pot shot at me the other day in another thread, just out of the blue. So it's pretty easy to guess who it is, because I've never seen anyone else in all these years post that way since her. :) No way to prove it, but like I said I would bet my eye teeth that's her. :)

Anyway, thank you so much about my avatars. I made a whole bunch of them up to use for the next few weeks. If you would like to use one, your welcome to it. :) And anyone else as well. Just pm me and let me know. Would be more than happy to share. :)

Bliss
11-05-2007, 12:41 AM

I didn't read the entire thread... Since you want to knock people for not useing the proper use of grammar, you should learn how to spell the damn word correctly.. It's not Grammer - It is spelled GRAMMAR. Now before you go knocking people for petty crap, you need to check yourself first.

Don't make a fool of yourself whining and doing the same thing your whining about others doing. Lets face it, Your GAMMAR skills & use of the English word isn't the best. Besides this isn't preschool, this is a freebie board - I highly doubt anyone is here to impress anyone...

PJDancer
11-05-2007, 01:16 AM

...just sayin'....

For the record, I said this because the OP's post is full of the exact errors that she finds so horrid. Also, punctuation is of huge importance in English grammar (as is capitalization, spelling and proper word usage). How can the OP expect any of us to take THIS post seriously? When I first read it I actually thought it might be a joke. Brainiac, did you reread YOUR post before posting???? I have put the corrections (of at least the errors that I found) in bold below:

.... some peoples[PEOPLE'S] posts absolutely make no sense [MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE--the adverb comes AFTER the verb] what-so-ever ---

Its[IT'S] usually the same 4 or 5 people that have absolutely no grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer[GRAMMAR]. Do they just not re-read [reread, it is not "re-read"] their posts or do they honestly think that they make scense[SENSE]?

Now I'm the first to admit that my punctuation & the use of CAPITOL [CAPITAL--capitol with an O is NOT for letters] letters leaves alot [A LOT] to be desired but,[<--the comma goes after desired, not but] good lord people., [<--why is there a comma there??] How can you expect people to take you seriously when you lack the skills that a 4th grade English Student has [why is "student" capitalized??? Also, it should be "of a 4th grade English student."].

It humors me,[<--again, random comma?]... as much as it drives me insane[<--were you done with the sentence? If so, a "." goes there.]

The best is when these few do FSOT,[<--I am assuming you mean a period here since these two sentence fragments don't go together grammatically at all] I will never buy / trade with someone who has absolutely no grasp of the written word.,[<---again, what is with the comma?] sorry[ "sorry" should be capitalized] but if you cant [can't] put a sentence together properly then how can I trust you in a trade?

For the record, I could care less how people chose to type on message boards. We aren't here typing thesis papers for grad school for crying out loud. However, since you seemed so hell bent on calling people out on something that you aren't capable of even coming close to achieving yourself, I thought I would help you out.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/
http://dictionary.reference.com/

You're welcome.

lizmolik
11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
:yeah

Njean31
11-05-2007, 05:55 AM
For the record, I said this because the OP's post is full of the exact errors that she finds so horrid. Also, punctuation is of huge importance in English grammar (as is capitalization, spelling and proper word usage). How can the OP expect any of us to take THIS post seriously? When I first read it I actually thought it might be a joke. Brainiac, did you reread YOUR post before posting???? I have put the corrections (of at least the errors that I found) in bold below:

.... some peoples[PEOPLE'S] posts absolutely make no sense [MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE--the adverb comes AFTER the verb] what-so-ever ---

Its[IT'S] usually the same 4 or 5 people that have absolutely no grasp of the English language or the proper use of grammer[GRAMMAR]. Do they just not re-read [reread, it is not "re-read"] their posts or do they honestly think that they make scense[SENSE]?

Now I'm the first to admit that my punctuation & the use of CAPITOL [CAPITAL--capitol with an O is NOT for letters] letters leaves alot [A LOT] to be desired but,[<--the comma goes after desired, not but] good lord people., [<--why is there a comma there??] How can you expect people to take you seriously when you lack the skills that a 4th grade English Student has [why is "student" capitalized??? Also, it should be "of a 4th grade English student."].

It humors me,[<--again, random comma?]... as much as it drives me insane[<--were you done with the sentence? If so, a "." goes there.]

The best is when these few do FSOT,[<--I am assuming you mean a period here since these two sentence fragments don't go together grammatically at all] I will never buy / trade with someone who has absolutely no grasp of the written word.,[<---again, what is with the comma?] sorry[ "sorry" should be capitalized] but if you cant [can't] put a sentence together properly then how can I trust you in a trade?

For the record, I could care less how people chose to type on message boards. We aren't here typing thesis papers for grad school for crying out loud. However, since you seemed so hell bent on calling people out on something that you aren't capable of even coming close to achieving yourself, I thought I would help you out.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/
http://dictionary.reference.com/

You're welcome.

damn. she must have been joking::lightning

dv8grl
11-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks to everyone who answered my question.. It is NOT Just me.

Thanks PJ for pointing out my spelling mistakes (which this thread was never about)., or my punctuation, which I've already admitted the fact that it is horrible., see I am capable of learning from my mistakes, (and not blaming income levels or kids or work) I wish PJ was my teacher growing up, heck I wish all teachers had that kind of time & patience to grade papers like she does. PJ, Do You Teach Spanish? as i've admitted in the past my Spanish
is atrocious... But, I see you understood what I was trying to convey., which was the original thought in my thread.. not being able to comprehend what "the same 4 or 5 people" are posting about., and the fact that it amused me., like how a monkey who throws its poop amuses me.

What I will continue to find amusing is the people who are
so proud to show how un-educated they are.
I just want to know if they woke up one day & said THAT'S IT, I'M DONE LEARNIN' AND I AIN'T LEARNIN' NO MORE! DEAL WITH IT!
People with learning disabilities and fathers who dropped out of school don't think that way!

tngirl
11-05-2007, 05:55 PM
What I will continue to find amusing is the people who are I just want to know if they woke up one day & said THAT'S IT, I'M DONE LEARNIN' AND I AIN'T LEARNIN' NO MORE! DEAL WITH IT!
People with learning disabilities and fathers who dropped out of school don't think that way!

i dun did dat, duz dat mayk me stoopid?

JewRican
11-05-2007, 06:32 PM
i dun did dat, duz dat mayk me stoopid?

I think that makes you lolhuman. :slap

ilovecats
11-05-2007, 07:36 PM
:slap

facicious???? I have never been able to remember how to spell that word and I don't know how many times I have looked it up. I was just too lazy to do it again tonight.

And who are you calling sarcastic? Not me surely?!?

fa·ce·tious (f-sshs)
adj.
Playfully jocular; humorous :itsme:

Shann
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
holy cow! I cannot believe the turn this thread has taken. When did this turn into the OP making fun of people with learning disabilities? :confused: (please don't answer, I'm not looking for a confrontation.) Personally there are some posts on here that make no sense to me at all and I have to skip over their posts. if I were to ask the authors to elaborate more or to re-explain what they were saying I'd have to ask them in every single post they make. No I'm not pointing fingers and no I'm not laughing at them and I don't know that it has anything to do w/ disabilities. I know sometimes when I'm talking or typing I know what I'm trying to say in my head, but it doesn't come out right, I'm guessing that is what many of those post we don't understand are.... they know what they're talking about and write it as if we do as well. I think it's time for a :grouphug

tngirl
11-06-2007, 04:13 AM
fa·ce·tious (f-sshs)
adj.
Playfully jocular; humorous :itsme:

That's it!! :dancing:

nanajoanie
11-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Guess I better stop posting from the board and just lurk. The older I get the less I can spell. en dam i es edukatid......:rofl:

aussiegirl
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM

ITA. I hate when people mock others writing skills. It's just stupid.