PDA

View Full Version : I had a biopsy done today

Tasha405
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
What a week this has been! First I went to the doctor over my blood pressure. I've had high blood pressure for a few years now and had to go off of my meds for a while because I couldn't afford them, lost my insurance for a while and well a bunch of other stuff. So... I go to the doctor and get chewed out BIG TIME! I knew it was coming though. Anyway, I'm back on my meds now, have to take and record my BP twice a day and have to go back to the doctor in two weeks.

I also wanted her to check out some moles I had. One had changed its shape, was looking flaky and had a few little black spots on it. Its under my right arm.. kinda on my breast. Well, basically its right where your bra goes under your arm. The other is a black mole, flat on the skin and its located on my hip. It kinda looked like someone had poked me with a black marker or something. So didn't even look at them, just set me up an appointment with a dermatologist.

That appointment was today. I was worried about the one next to my breast because it had changed it size, color and texture. The doctor looked at it and said it was something (big long ass name) but that it was safe/fine. He froze it off right then and there. That stuff hurts! Its all swelled up and kinda throbbing/burning now.

He asked to see the second on and as soon as I showed him he said "Oh no, that one has to go. I don't like the looks of it at all, it looks cancerous". So they took me to a room in the back and numbed me up and cut it out right there on the spot. I was so scared! I'm scared of needles and I was alone. DH was out in the car with Courtney. I didn't think they would do anything today, just look at it and set up any follow up appointment. WRONG! So now I have 3 stitches on my hip and have to wait for biopsy results. They said they should have the results in two weeks, when I go back to have the stitches removed.

On top of this.. my oldest son has a viral upper respiratory infection, Harley's allergies are acting up and Courtney has just been wild! lol

Anyway, sorry, I just needed to vent a little before I lost my mind.

Here is a link to tell you about the procedure I had done today. It's called a Punch Biopsy.
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020315/1155.html

DBackFan
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh Tasha I am so sorry hun. Saying prayers its not cancerous and that everyone gets healthy!!

freeby4me
11-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh sweetie, how scary. (((HUGS))) GOOD FOR YOU for going and getting it checked right away!! Maybe if it is something to worry about, you caught it in time! Glad to hear you're back on your scripts too! Keep us updated for sure!

Shann
11-02-2007, 12:18 PM
aww honey if it's not one thing it's another. :hug you and your family are in my thoughts and sending well wishes your way. {{{{Tasha}}}}

BigLyd1
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I know you weren't expecting it but be proud of yourself for getting the biopsy out of the way today.

YankeeMary
11-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I am glad thats over for you. Try not to worry, you are to rotten for it to be cancer, so see being innocent IS overrated...haha. Seriously girl, take a rest and keep us updated. AND STAY ON YOUR BP MEDS. We need you healthy. HUGS!!!

ahippiechic
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Glad you got the one removed today. I used to have 2 sm ones on my upper chest and about 4 yrs ago, they both started changing color and texture and when I went to the dr. he took them off then in his office. In 2 weeks I got the results that one was cancerous. They checked where he removed them after that and nothing! He got it all when he took them off. SO better safe than sorry.

Tasha405
11-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks yall! :hug

lucimPI
11-02-2007, 02:23 PM
What a day you had!! At least you did not have time to think about anything, just got it done. Only good thoughts going out to you.

Mary_Jo3
11-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh sunshine, I am sorry for your trying day.
You should check some of the Box stores for your BP meds.
Wal-mart had a list of meds for $4 and I think Target is doing the same.
Hope everything turns out ok.

Tasha405
11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Oh sunshine, I am sorry for your trying day.
You should check some of the Box stores for your BP meds.
Wal-mart had a list of meds for $4 and I think Target is doing the same.
Hope everything turns out ok.

Yeah, Walmart just recently added mine to the list. I felt like :dancing: when I seen it on there. lol

Thank you all for the replies and well wishes. It really means a lot. :hug

tngirl
11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Thinking positive for you! I had a suspicous mole removed several years ago and it came back normal. Hopefully the same will happen with yours and it was just a mole that you never noticed and just decided to grow with age.

JKATHERINE
11-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Thinking of you, Tasha! :)

buttrfli
11-02-2007, 06:21 PM
:hug

BeanieLuvR
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
(((Tasha))) I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. He took it off and it turned out to be fine after me freaking out. I hope the same good outcome for you. That is great about your BP med. That is cheaper than my copay.

Tasha405
11-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Thank you all so very much!! :hug I'm also hoping it comes back ok. Its just so nerve wrecking to wait and not know. Especially since he said it looked cancerous. I was so scared about even going and now I'm scared while sitting here waiting. I just worry and think to much I guess. I stress out so much aymore.

Beanie.. I was paying $25 copay for these meds with my insurance but now Walmart has them for $4. I lost my insurance for a while last year and didn't get it back until earlier this year. So there was no way I could afford it without having any insurance at all. Plus DH was out of a job for a while. Its been rough but we've made it so far. :)

Now if they would add my sons asthma and allergy meds on that plan too we would be doing pretty good. lol His meds run me about $60 a month just for his everyday meds.... not counting if he gets sick again. My kids seem to stay sick sometimes.

Tasha405
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Thinking of you, Tasha! :)

Right back at ya! I hope you have your precious little baby soon. I can't wait to see pics!!! :hug

BeanieLuvR
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Thank you all so very much!! :hug I'm also hoping it comes back ok. Its just so nerve wrecking to wait and not know. Especially since he said it looked cancerous. I was so scared about even going and now I'm scared while sitting here waiting. I just worry and think to much I guess. I stress out so much aymore.

Beanie.. I was paying $25 copay for these meds with my insurance but now Walmart has them for $4. I lost my insurance for a while last year and didn't get it back until earlier this year. So there was no way I could afford it without having any insurance at all. Plus DH was out of a job for a while. Its been rough but we've made it so far. :)

Now if they would add my sons asthma and allergy meds on that plan too we would be doing pretty good. lol His meds run me about $60 a month just for his everyday meds.... not counting if he gets sick again. My kids seem to stay sick sometimes.

I am the exact same way so I really do know how you are feeling. :hug I will be praying for good news. I hope they add your son's meds soon. I am glad that you got your insurance back. :) I have a HMO and love it. I know a lot of people complain about them but they have always covered things for me.

I hope your kids are feeling better soon. :)

robinA
11-03-2007, 07:34 AM
(((((Tasha))))) :hug

Mom2Shaun
11-03-2007, 12:23 PM
It was a good thing you went in and had the doctor look at it. Good for you! But as for skin cancer, while melanoma can be serious, it's relatively rare, and the other kinds of skin cancer are not that serious. And my friend has had lots of small skin cancers, including melanoma (he used to be a surfer and a fisherman), which were all cut out, and he's absolutely fine. And he's aged 76! So don't worry too much. As my mom always says, why suffer needlessly; the chances are you'll be fine. And with all these prayers you're getting on your behalf, you've got that on your side!

PrincessArky
11-05-2007, 05:46 AM
sending thoughts and prayers your way

Pepsi4me
11-05-2007, 06:34 AM
I hope it all turns out ok for you. :hug

Mom2Shaun
11-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Waiting to hear from you. I hope it's good news!

Tasha405
11-06-2007, 08:17 AM
Waiting to hear from you. I hope it's good news!

I'm still waiting to hear from them. I hope they call me as soon as they get the results. I have to go back on the 15th, so they may just have me wait until then? This waiting sucks! I'm trying to think positive but I still have those "what if" thoughts, ya know? Its just a scary time, waiting to hear something like this.

I will post an update as soon as I hear something. Thanks for thinking about me!! :hug

MsLynn
11-06-2007, 08:39 AM
CALL THEM!!!!, waiting till the 15th will be hell on your nerves, and thats not right...

Mary_Jo3
11-06-2007, 08:48 AM
CALL THEM!!!!, waiting till the 15th will be hell on your nerves, and thats not right...

I'm with you, call them. It's not right for you to have to sit around and wonder.

Tasha405
11-06-2007, 09:26 AM
They probably don't have the results yet since I just had it done on Friday and they were sending them somewhere else to be looked at. So I'm thinking it will take a few days.

Someone told me they usually call as soon as they get them in, even if you have an appointment already set. So if they don't call soon (within the next day or so) I will call them.

I looked at my aftercare papers... it said the results could take 1 - 2 weeks. So this Friday will be 1 week. The nurse told me they should have them back when I come back in 2 weeks. So we'll see I guess.

Army-Mom
11-06-2007, 10:13 AM
sending hugs and prayers.

catdance
11-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I just wanted to say I am thinking of you and hope you are hanging in there and it all comes back, OK.
Life is a struggle, and sometimes we need a ((HUG)) so I am sending you a REALLY BIG ONE!

Tasha405
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Thank you all very much!! I really do appreciate it. Its nice to know others out there think about me and wish me well. :hug

Aloha from paradise
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh Sweetie,
I'm so sorry you had to have that procedure done and no one there with you. I'll keep you in my prayers and pray it all turns out ok.:hug :hug

evrita
11-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I dont know if it helps or not Tasha but I had one removed that I was born with that they had to take such a root out of they had to put stiches in it. It was turning black and it was red around the edges. It came back fine thank god due to where it was. The waiting was a killer but keep your chin up.

DBackFan
11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Thank you all very much!! I really do appreciate it. Its nice to know others out there think about me and wish me well. :hug

Well of COURSE there are! You are one of our favorites to pick on around here! Love ya girl!! :slap ;)

Mary_Jo3
11-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

tigger4
11-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I hope it all turns out well for you.

I had a biopsy on my cervix once and the waiting was awful.

Tasha405
11-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Thank you all so much! :hug

Tomorrow makes 1 week. Longest week ever I think! I'm hanging in there though. Maybe no news is good news? lol

tigger4
11-08-2007, 05:07 PM
It is an awful wait. I hope it is all ok.

buglebe
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
My husband had one on his face that came back malignant but nothing more came of it so they got it all with the first try with the biopsy. The other thing is probably a kerotosis or name something like that, if it was flaky or such. We go in once a yr and get those burned off and yes that liquid nitrogen does hurt like a bee sting and even more afterwards. Good luck sweetie, it will be ok even if it comes back malignant.

squirt661
11-08-2007, 08:12 PM
OK, I have been reading your post but not answering, yet wishing you good luck, so with tomorrow being the D day, I sincerely hope you get good news. Keep your hopes up like I am doing for you.

jcw
11-08-2007, 09:53 PM
:hug

Tasha405
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
I got a call from the clinic today. I raced over to answer the phone, thinking it was a call about my results but nope, it was a appointment reminder for Monday. I have to go see my regular doctor about my BP and see what she wants to do about my BP meds and all that. The meds I am on now aren't working to well. Ugh, I hate when stuff like that happens. lol

I go next Thursday to have the stitches out from the biopsy, so I guess if I don't get a call before then, I should hear the results on that day. I hope so anyway!

I will post an update as soon as I find out anything. Thanks again for all of the hugs, prayers and well wishes. :hug

Aloha from paradise
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Thank you all so much! :hug

Tomorrow makes 1 week. Longest week ever I think! I'm hanging in there though. Maybe no news is good news? lol

That's what I always say. No news is good news:) Still keeping you in my prayers sweetie:):hug :hug

PrincessArky
11-10-2007, 06:45 AM
still sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers your way :)

Mary_Jo3
11-13-2007, 07:25 AM
I got a call from the clinic today. I raced over to answer the phone, thinking it was a call about my results but nope, it was a appointment reminder for Monday. I have to go see my regular doctor about my BP and see what she wants to do about my BP meds and all that. The meds I am on now aren't working to well. Ugh, I hate when stuff like that happens. lol

I go next Thursday to have the stitches out from the biopsy, so I guess if I don't get a call before then, I should hear the results on that day. I hope so anyway!

I will post an update as soon as I find out anything. Thanks again for all of the hugs, prayers and well wishes. :hug

Your BP is probably up because you are so worried about the results of your biopsy, I do hope everything works out for you.

Tasha405
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Your BP is probably up because you are so worried about the results of your biopsy, I do hope everything works out for you.

Thanks! :hug

I still haven't heard anything from them. I go on Thursday to have the stitches removed, so I guess they will tell me the results then. I'm hoping that since they haven't called that its probably ok. :)

My BP on the other hand is sky high! lol

I will update yall as soon as I find something out. Thanks again yall, it really means a lot to me! :hug

Tasha405
11-15-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm leaving in about 5 minutes to go get these stitches removed. Hopefully they tell me the results too! Will update as soon as I can. Thanks again yall. :hug

PrincessArky
11-15-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm leaving in about 5 minutes to go get these stitches removed. Hopefully they tell me the results too! Will update as soon as I can. Thanks again yall. :hug

sending positive thoughts and prayers with ya